Chip Kelly

Lupz27

Anyone think he would make a good HC?

Also anyone think B Beli, and NE have copied his offensive strategy? Not per say play design, but strategy that the more plays you run the more points you score, the more points you score the more games you win. I do think they have, and it seems to work, obviously you need the proper personal to run this which NE has they can lineup in a smashmouth G&P set 1 play, and a 4 wide speed spread the next without making a substitution because of Gronk, and Hernandez.

I think this might be one of the next copied strategies in this copy cat league, but most will find it hard to be successful without the proper personal, and unlike college the need to have an elite QB direct the plays, the fake snap look to the sideline cards BS won't work, the QB would have to be trusted to essentially be the O-Coordinator like a Brady, or Manning can do.

Its hard to tell. College coaches have a high failure rate in the NFL.

I think Kelly's offense would work but could he handle being a HC in the NFL? I dont know him or the program enough to comment. That offense is legit though. 3 playoff teams are currently running option read and even wishbone type offense's (Seattle, San Fran, Redskins) and it was said forever that those offenses wouldnt work in the NFL. It all depends on the QB, but if Kelly had one of those, I think he could have a killer offense in the NFL.

This is in no way to suggest that I want him as a HC just bringing it up as a topic for the sake of well everything else is ****ing depressing with actual Jets topics this morning with tattoo gate, and all. I would like the Jets to adapt a more outside the box type of offense, EXCITING, and the real threat to beat you for big plays, and TD's on almost every play, if were gonna suck, and lose **** it I would rather be the K O'Brein led Jets scoring 40 every game, but losing then this BS 9-6, 9-0, 14-10, AND still losing.

I don't know what guys would be available for this kind of offense for the O-Coordinator position, but I do know there is a few for HC positions, D Bevell comes to mind, he might not get a look this year either which could mean he could become a hot commodity after next season if his Seattle offense continues, or even improves.

I am leery of a college coach coming in to the pros -his defenses have been awful also

His D has only gotten better every year, it took some time, he needed talent on that side of the ball, and when he finally got it they were dominate at times like last night, K-State is not a crappy offense they averaged 40 points a game with the Heisman runner up at QB, and shut them down all night.

Its hard to tell. College coaches have a high failure rate in the NFL.

I think Kelly's offense would work but could he handle being a HC in the NFL? I dont know him or the program enough to comment. That offense is legit though. 3 playoff teams are currently running option read and even wishbone type offense's (Seattle, San Fran, Redskins) and it was said forever that those offenses wouldnt work in the NFL. It all depends on the QB, but if Kelly had one of those, I think he could have a killer offense in the NFL.

I could only imagine a world where Detroit wakes the **** up, and fires Schwartz, and Chip Kelly, M Stafford, Megatron, T Young (no Schwartz would make T Young very happy, and productive again), and whomever Kelley drafts to be he his 2 speed backs whether it be Kenjon in RD 3, or something, plus another WR in RD 2 like maybe D Hopkins, R Woods, K Allen, Hunter, T Austin, T Williams, or S Bailey! Man that would be one fun ride to watch, if it worked it would be epic, if it failed it would be even more Epic lol.

We could also trade them A Cromartie for there 2014 1st rounder to help sure up that pass D, and hope it epically fails, as does ours for 2 very high picks in that draft hopefully get J Clowney, AND either Bridgewater, or Manziel, I know I keep bringing this up, but I want it to become reality so bad, somehow the Jets getting the 1st 2 picks in the 1st round in 2014

All of his success came in a bad conference where he has all the best athletes on a gimmicky offense, and yet he always lost to teams that fielded a physical, pro-style front seven. This is Steve Spurrier Part Deux.

In the college game, talent/athleticism trumps everything else. In the NFL, schemes and match ups are the difference makers. This is a prime reason for the extremely high failure rate among college coaches who attempt the jump to NFL HC positions.

All of his success came in a bad conference where he has all the best athletes on a gimmicky offense, and yet he always lost to teams that fielded a physical, pro-style front seven. This is Steve Spurrier Part Deux.

Fair enough.

Only thing that is different to me is that these gimmicky offenses are starting to make there way into the NFL, and are being successful like JIF said, maybe Spurrier, and others were to early, or maybe they were to stubborn to evolve their gimmicky offense to a more pro style, but integrating said gimmicky offense into the pro style. Adjusting to their surroundings would be key to success, I don't know Chip Kelly, so I couldn't say if he could do this, or not do this. Just one man's opinion, and it would take a special talent at QB like RGIII for this to work more than likely. It seems to me the old way of offensive thinking is being fine tuned IE Pats, Skins, Hawks, and even the Saints. He will probably get his chance either this year, or in the future so we shall see.

Maybe but Spurrier's offense was very different. Plays took time to develop, wanted throw down field, get big chunk yards each time you throw. Cant do that in the NFL with the pass rushers that are out there. As opposed to the quick hit fast pace offense Kelly runs.

No for a lot of reasons, but the way he runs his practices is an underrated reason. I've been to a Oregon practice, and it's the most fascinating thing I've ever seen in football.

And there is no way to replicate it in the NFL. And it's also a huge reason for their success.

Brady has taken the timing aspect of the offense and ran NFL pass plays with it.

but chip kelly's offense is actually very rush heavy. for all it's speed and innovation it's impossible to run that at the pro level without an RG3 or a Wilson speedster.

Anyone think he would make a good HC?

Also anyone think B Beli, and NE have copied his offensive strategy? Not per say play design, but strategy that the more plays you run the more points you score, the more points you score the more games you win. I do think they have, and it seems to work, obviously you need the proper personal to run this which NE has they can lineup in a smashmouth G&P set 1 play, and a 4 wide speed spread the next without making a substitution because of Gronk, and Hernandez.

I think this might be one of the next copied strategies in this copy cat league, but most will find it hard to be successful without the proper personal, and unlike college the need to have an elite QB direct the plays, the fake snap look to the sideline cards BS won't work, the QB would have to be trusted to essentially be the O-Coordinator like a Brady, or Manning can do.

Yes.

http://www.footballscoop.com/news/7637-how-chip-kelly-influenced-the-patriots-no-huddle

Belichick has also talked with Urban Meyer.

I thought his offense would work, then I heard he was going to the Browns. So much for that.

Yea until he starts Colt McCoy on purpose to make sure he goes 0-16, than drafts Johnny Football pairs him with TRich, and also blatantly runs a normal pro offense year 1, and then unleashes sh*t the likes of the NFL has never seen before with Manziel, TRich, and whoever else he brings in with world class speed, but football world class speed you know the guys who can do it in pads, not those track guys.

Archived