Rex is gone IMHO

SouthernJet

Whether Woody said 'he is staying' days ago after firing Tanny is moot now IMHO.

Whether this tattoo is real of fake (rex punking media), I think Woody will just say enough is enough. (Unless photoshopped).

I dont think he will fire Rex, but I think starting today in Gambles interview (and others that follow) he will say "hey please interview Rex as courtesy, but it's your call on the 2013 Jets Head Coach"

Whether Woody said 'he is staying' days ago after firing Tanny is moot now IMHO.

Whether this tattoo is real of fake (rex punking media), I think Woody will just say enough is enough. (Unless photoshopped).

I dont think he will fire Rex, but I think starting today in Gambles interview (and others that follow) he will say "hey please interview Rex as courtesy, but it's your call on the 2013 Jets Head Coach"

From your keyboard to Woody's ears.

Woody doesnt give a sh!t. This team has been a joke all year and he had plenty of reasons to fire him monday. A tattoo isnt going to push woody over the edge.

Jacksonville is letting their eventual GM fire Mularkey if he so chooses, meaning that we'd be the only team foisting a loser head coach onto a new administration. It's musical chairs right now, and the music just stopped with the Reid hire in KC. DeCosta already turned his nose up at the Jets, and he's likely the only one that would have worked with Rex considering their Baltimore ties. If they decide to dump Rex, they need to do it yesterday, or they'll be shopping from the bargain bin for both the GM and the HC.

Jacksonville is letting their eventual GM fire Mularkey if he so chooses, meaning that we'd be the only team foisting a loser head coach onto a new administration. It's musical chairs right and, and the music just stopped with the Reid hire in KC. DeCosta already turned his nose up at the Jets, and he's likely the only one that would have worked with Rex considering their Baltimore ties. If they decide to dump Rex, they need to do it yesterday, or they'll be shopping from the bargain bin for both the GM and the HC.

Who the **** do you think you are? If Woody wanted your opinion he'd pay you a boat load of money for it

Woody isn't gonna pay Rex 6 million to coach another team or be a tv analyst and he's not gonna pay 8 million dollars so Sanchize can hold a clipboard in Oakland.

Woody wouldn't have to pay him if he got an HC job. Wouldn't he only have to pay the difference to make up the six if Rex got a DC job somewhere (which he likely would?)

I once headhunted the new AD of Tucson Valley Community College so, naturally, I'm qualified to run your organization.

It's crazy to think teams like KC are making moves without any expert consultation. Guess that's why they're 2-14 and we almost won 2 AFCCG's LOL

The stupid tattoo, real or fake, has absolutely zero impact on the decision to keep Rex here. None.

Woody put the gag on the organization and Rex, without even trying, just kept up the rate of humiliation from the Bahamas. Woody is interviewing GM candidates today. You don't think the miasma of public disgrace is hurting the process of finding a new GM?

Woody put the gag on the organization and Rex, without even trying, just kept up the rate of humiliation from the Bahamas. Woody is interviewing GM candidates today. You don't think the miasma of public disgrace is hurting the process of finding a new GM?

No.

The lower the standards/expectations when new GM comes on board, the higher the praise when he does even the slightest thing well.

No.

The lower the standards/expectations when new GM comes on board, the higher the praise when he does even the slightest thing well.

I'm sure top GM candidates are thinking "Let me go to a place where the bar is set so low, if I manage not to run a bus full of nuns off the road on my way to Florham Park, I'm ahead of the curve"

I have never understood the need for putting graffiti on your own self. And that too stuff that cannot be removed so easily.

But Rex is still a very good coach and has had a lot of success with a awful QB. If Sanchez had just been an average QB this year we would be in the playoffs. So this talk of firing Rex is just stupid.

Guys like Mularkey are in a different boat that Rex. if Mularkey had taken the Jags to AFCG games in two consecutive years no one in Jax would be looking to get rid of him.

+1000 which is why I think Woody is just saying "hey lets not let this Rex must stay thing I said a few days ago stop you. I can have my mind changed by right candidate"

I'm sure top GM candidates are thinking "Let me go to a place where the bar is set so low, if I manage not to run a bus full of nuns off the road on my way to Florham Park, I'm ahead of the curve"

"Gosh, I just got through spending two decades sleeping in Red Roofs across Mississippi and Alabama on a $20 per diem to put myself in position to interview for a GM job! Now, where's that organization with that coach and owner that have become national punchlines?"

"Gosh, I just got through spending two decades sleeping in Red Roofs across Mississippi and Alabama on a $20 per diem to put myself in position to interview for a GM job! Now, where's that organization with that coach and owner that have become national punchlines?"

if woody keeps Rex and Sanchez 1 year that's acting like a rational human being. He's a billionaire but hopefully he's not a bond villian. if he doesn't throw his money away for 1 year head start on a multi year rebuild, that's probably what most of us would do, being put in the same position. a billion is a thousand million, if you burn through 14 like toilet paper its not gonna last. I don't care about Woody's money but I do think the man has the right to make a good decision for once.

Hope they catch him in a thong later, I can't wait till they see what he's got tattooed on his ass. GM's will be kicking down the door.

I think you can see with the KC deal how this could happen. KC thought Pioli deserved more time, but changed their mind when their coaching candidate made a request for a different GM. The same thing could happen with us. They are saying that Gamble has a nice relationship with Ryan, but I find it hard to believe that someone willl finally be given a chance to do the job they have wanted and then no want to insert their choice as head coach.

AGREE, this is why I think Woody may back off the Keep Rex thang.

a billion is a thousand million, if you burn through 14 like toilet paper its not gonna last.

And "Woody" (which in light of currently demonstrated hard-on tendencies, brings on new meaning to the name) is worth 3 and a half thousand, million - burning 14 on his biggest and only toy which has hit an all time low state in his ownership is spare change.

http://www.millionairetoysglobal.com/2011/10/woody-johson.html

Jacksonville is letting their eventual GM fire Mularkey if he so chooses, meaning that we'd be the only team foisting a loser head coach onto a new administration. It's musical chairs right now, and the music just stopped with the Reid hire in KC. DeCosta already turned his nose up at the Jets, and he's likely the only one that would have worked with Rex considering their Baltimore ties. If they decide to dump Rex, they need to do it yesterday, or they'll be shopping from the bargain bin for both the GM and the HC.

DeCosta turned his nose up at everybody. They all asked to interview him and we were linked first. Don't you think it says something for Rex that a guy that worked with him in Baltimore might want to keep him on? Sounds like an endorsement to me, FWIW. They don't have to dump Rex until they hire a new GM and that GM fires him and picks a new coach.

I think you can see with the KC deal how this could happen. KC thought Pioli deserved more time, but changed their mind when their coaching candidate made a request for a different GM. The same thing could happen with us. They are saying that Gamble has a nice relationship with Ryan, but I find it hard to believe that someone willl finally be given a chance to do the job they have wanted and then no want to insert their choice as head coach.

IMO, the fact that the GM doesn't have a big hand in choosing the coach indicates that the GM is already on questionable footing.

if woody keeps Rex and Sanchez 1 year that's acting like a rational human being. He's a billionaire but hopefully he's not a bond villian. if he doesn't throw his money away for 1 year head start on a multi year rebuild, that's probably what most of us would do, being put in the same position. a billion is a thousand million, if you burn through 14 like toilet paper its not gonna last. I don't care about Woody's money but I do think the man has the right to make a good decision for once.

Woody Johnson is worth a reported $14 billion, which means (because he's a tax cheat) he's probably got $30 billion. He paid $635 million for a team that Forbes values as twice that. The Jets pull in over $7 mil in gate receipts per game, and that's not including concessions, merchandise, TV money, etc. If you want to put a valuation on how much negative financial impact keeping Rex and Sanchez around for a minute longer than you have to is worth, I'm gonna guess it's more than what it'd cost to roll both of them out there next year in front of an empty stadium.

DeCosta turned his nose up at everybody. They all asked to interview him and we were linked first. Don't you think it says something for Rex that a guy that worked with him in Baltimore might want to keep him on? Sounds like an endorsement to me, FWIW. They don't have to dump Rex until they hire a new GM and that GM fires him and picks a new coach.

IMO, the fact that the GM doesn't have a big hand in choosing the coach indicates that the GM is already on questionable footing.

If DeCosta thought Rex was worthwhile, the Jets job was the ideal situation for him and he didn't even grant an interview.

If DeCosta thought Rex was worthwhile, the Jets job was the ideal situation for him and he didn't even grant an interview.

This reads like Cimini wrote it. DeCosta was probably THE top candidate for GM this offseason. Everybody wanted to interview him with the possible exception of the Chiefs. Acting like Rex is a reason that he didn't interview with US, when he declined interviews from EVERYBODY is pretty lame.

In fact, the Jets should be commended for going to DeCosta early in the process and determining that he wasn't interested in leaving Baltimore. I will agree that making the GM job contingent on keeping Rex can be a problem in getting good candidates, but I will not agree that not firing him before interviewing anybody has any effect whatsoever.

This reads like Cimini wrote it. DeCosta was probably THE top candidate for GM this offseason. Everybody wanted to interview him with the possible exception of the Chiefs. Acting like Rex is a reason that he didn't interview with US, when he declined interviews from EVERYBODY is pretty lame.

In fact, the Jets should be commended for going to DeCosta early in the process and determining that he wasn't interested in leaving Baltimore. I will agree that making the GM job contingent on keeping Rex can be a problem in getting good candidates, but I will not agree that not firing him before interviewing anybody has any effect whatsoever.

I'm Cimini-esque.

Oh you mean the same way we ended up with Herman Edwards? THAT one ended up real good too-just like this TYPICAL Woody Johnson inaction is SURE to...

Archived