Word on the Street: Rex Will Cost Us

Gastineau Lives

It's a year of not getting players into and used to the new coaches system

The jets are going BPA regardless of HC and with the cap as tight as it is, were is this sudden influx of players going to come from?? The counselor is right, why bring in another head coach to draw the fans/ownership's ire when he already has his sacrificial lamb on the payroll. The last two first-rounders and other draft picks are fairly scheme-diverse and I don't suspect that to change with this draft either. If Gamble is really the hot-ticket that everyone is touting him to be and he's choosing the jets over all his other suitors, then by disagreeing with keeping Rex, you're technically disagreeing with the guy you want to be our GM. It's kind of a silly stance to take.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 year martyr. Then this club goes about signing a real coach

And?

How does that change what a ****ing ridiculous idea this was. If anything having a guy like would be more appealing, it means no matter how bad next year goes, Gamble will be almost untouchable, Rex is the fall guy no matter what. He's got a free year basically.

If ever there needed proving that there's a media agenda against Rex Ryan, the last few days will provide all you need. It's crazy.

I suppose that if I did want to take a rosy view of the situation, I could surmise the following: that it is not like Rex cannot coach a team. He may have trouble managing a team, and yes, some of his in game decisions (especially challenges), like those of so many HCs, do make you scratch your head-----but he can put a D on the field that can be more than effective. Maybe the new GM figures he can lay down some rules and regs for Rex in the press relations department, where Rex has been dismal--and that he can find a competent OC, preferably one that Rex does NOT like (no more of this ground and pound nonsense)---and that he can assemble enough personnel to put a respectable team on the field next year (without Rex's input). I guess my point is that he is not being stuck with a guy who can not compete on the field coach-wise. If I am Tom Gamble i am sitting Rex down and giving him MY vision of the future. I am telling him that he will have no say in the drafting or signing of personnel. He will have to work with what I give him or he will be gone. I am also telling him to bring locker room problems to me almost before they happen. Any more anonymous this and that and he will be gone at end of season. And one final note: no bluster. If Rex can live with that, and he thrives, fine. If not, bye bye next year. That is my rosy vision. I still think Gamble or whoever should be given the carte blanche to can him.

And?

How does that change what a ****ing ridiculous idea this was. If anything having a guy like would be more appealing, it means no matter how bad next year goes, Gamble will be almost untouchable, Rex is the fall guy no matter what. He's got a free year basically.

If ever there needed proving that there's a media agenda against Rex Ryan, the last few days will provide all you need. It's crazy.

Outside of the media themselves, if you want to take the soap box approach about their ethics cause we know they're a joke, Rex has nobody to blame but Rex for all this attention.

6 mil is not pennies. I love how free and easy we are with OPM. Jets fans complain about bridge and tunnel tolls 15 bucks OMG but 6 mil of woody's money is no problem.

a case can be made that the franchise health long term is better if they wait a year on Rex and Sanchez than if they just burn 14 million for no apparent reason. if you guys are in the rebuilding mode then rebuilding can take a long damn time. what's the hurry if the house is a complete tear down

Because its not a complete tear down.Defense is above average 8th overall.New QB,a couple of playmakers on offense&a pass rusher and were competative again.If the Jets can average 24pts a game next year were in the playoffs.Without that butthole at QB.

Archived