Tebow Finally Got One

IPack

Hot Damn, Tebow finally got one

From Mike Devito:

http://www.nj.com/je..._helped_wi.html

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I guess most of you know that I became a Jets fan this year after the Tebow trade. I did live in NY for acouple of years in the late nineties so i do have some ties there but is was mostly Tim that had me follow the Jets. I never did like that Freeman Mcneil, he used to tear up my other teams, that guy was a beast. Interestingly, I did follow the Jets a bit the past few years before TT, I like many others thought the Rex/Sanchex team was gonna make for a super bowl winning team. Funny how things change so rapidly. I am now down on Rex, Sanchex and am losing hope for Tebow.

I am holding out some hope that someone will pay attention to what Urban Meyer has to say and give him a shot. I have little hope for Sanchex and none for Rex. The Jets are in for a three year run of medicority. I am not one of the Christian guys that follow Tebow for his personality, I like his football, but hate his inconsistency, and can't stand the soft spoken Tebow posing stuff.

On the football side I do think that Tebow can be a 9 to 11 game winner each season if he is able to run the spread and the team has a backup that is a spread QB also. Maybe he is not as good as RGII or Russel Wilson but so what, he can still be a good QB. My only problem with him on the football field is that I suspect he will get hurt, its now two years in a row that he has been hurt. Russell Wilson tends to slide or get out of bounds Tebow tries to run through a person.

In any event, my time is probably running out here. I wish everyone well and hope the Jets can turn things around.

I am not one of the Christian guys that follow Tebow for his personality, I like his football, but hate his inconsistency, and can't stand the soft spoken Tebow posing stuff.

fwiw, Mike DeVito is one of those Christian guys.

You can tell by how charitable he is to Sanchez in that article.

Would not have been a circus if they just let Tebow play. It would have been winning more than 6 games and keeping everything from going to sh*t.

I'd have to disagree...Tebow wasn't going to do anything more than what the other 2 dweebs did...

Would not have been a circus if they just let Tebow play. It would have been winning more than 6 games and keeping everything from going to sh*t.

They would have made the playoffs and been home early. Then they would have Tebow as the starter next year and faced the same reality. That was the fear all along...

They stuck with Sanchez way too long but if they get the right GM in here, it will all have been worth it.

Based on what you saw from what makes you think this? Sparano's awesome ability to gameplan? Tebow's extra 15 pounds that made him look slow? The fact that none of the RBs the Jets employ nor WRs are as talented as the Broncos playmakers? Come on,

Based on what you saw from what makes you think this? Sparano's awesome ability to gameplan? Tebow's extra 15 pounds that made him look slow? The fact that none of the RBs the Jets employ nor WRs are as talented as the Broncos playmakers? Come on,

Based on the fact that Tebow would not have turned the ball over as many times as Sanchez. Period. Tebow's issue is accuracy, not fumbling and throwing INTs. Sanchez literally lost multiple games by turning the ball over at horrible times and by killing drives with inaccuracy.

Based on what we know of Tebow, he could have extended drives with his legs and preserved leads by not turning the ball over constantly. The way Sanchez did. He also would have avoided taking sacks at the same rate as McElroy.

Of the three of them, Tebow did in fact give us the best chance to win within a conservative, run-oriented, ball-control offense.

They would have made the playoffs and been home early. Then they would have Tebow as the starter next year and faced the same reality. That was the fear all along...

They stuck with Sanchez way too long but if they get the right GM in here, it will all have been worth it.

Don't mind him, he's just trying to take on a whole new angle in order to cover up the fact that everything he said to defend that moronic trade back when it first happened, and the two of us were endlessly arguing about it, turned out to be a whole lot of hooey.

Based on the fact that Tebow would not have turned the ball over as many times as Sanchez. Period. Tebow's issue is accuracy, not fumbling and throwing INTs. Sanchez literally lost multiple games by turning the ball over at horrible times and by killing drives with inaccuracy.

Based on what we know of Tebow, he could have extended drives with his legs and preserved leads by not turning the ball over constantly. The way Sanchez did. He also would have avoided taking sacks at the same rate as McElroy.

Of the three of them, Tebow did in fact give us the best chance to win within a conservative, run-oriented, ball-control offense.

Not that I disagree with you, as I do believe Tebow would have gotten us to the playoffs, but I'm pretty sure he was second or maybe even first in turnovers per game last year. I think he fumbled the ball something like 15 times in 11 games and threw half a dozen picks to go along with them. The thing that separates him from sanchez in my eyes is that even when tebow turned the ball over, you never got the sense that the game was over or he quit. As an LSU fan I've disliked him longer than most, but you can't help but get jacked up by him.

Please, please, please tell me the 4 or 5 games we would have won with Tebow at QB instead of Sanchez. Please. I'll give you the last three, maybe. But we're talking about a 15 pound heavier Tebow with an offense he couldn't execute because the genius that ran the offense couldn't even come up with a package of decent plays, nonetheless an entire offense for Tebow, which is what he would have needed like he was in Denver.

This is insanity. Tebow starting would have had this team at 8-8 maybe and still far out of the playoffs and in worse draft position. Period.

Please, please, please tell me the 4 or 5 games we would have won with Tebow at QB instead of Sanchez. Please. I'll give you the last three, maybe. But we're talking about a 15 pound heavier Tebow with an offense he couldn't execute because the genius that ran the offense couldn't even come up with a package of decent plays, nonetheless an entire offense for Tebow, which is what he would have needed like he was in Denver.

This is insanity. Tebow starting would have had this team at 8-8 maybe and still far out of the playoffs and in worse draft position. Period.

It would not have mattered, even ten wins would not have been enough. I don't think Rex believes in Tebow or the "read option" nor most fans in NY. Only a thirteen or fourteen win season would turn around the staff and the fans for a Tebow led team. It would take an Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning caliber quarterback to get 13 wins, I don't think Tebow could do that on this team.

So even if Tebow had started this year the Jets would still be headed into the offseason with QB uncertainty. A parting is best for all.

Archived