BOARDWALK EMPIRE MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

Banner002_zps12127887.jpg

It is 1923 and Prohibition is the law of the land, but in the original sin city, Atlantic City, liquor is liquid gold. Every gangster and corrupt government official north and west of the city wants control of the port and surrounding roads which offer the perfect distribution network for the illegal overseas liquor shipments.

Enoch “Nucky” Thompson is the former treasurer of Atlantic City and now fulltime bootlegger who maintains a tenuous control over the liquor trade in and around the city.

Nucky_zps66e9cfde.jpg

He has had a falling out with his godson, James “Jimmy” Darmody ...

Nucky-Jimmy_zpse78aa285.jpg

... who has gone out west to establish his place in the bootlegging business.

Nucky wished he only had to worry about Jimmy because old friends ...

nucky-lucky-rothstein-torrio_zps787746de.jpg

and enemies ...

Nucky-Feds_zpsc0cb3a4d.jpg

... want Atlantic City and will do anything and everything to get it. This is a game of deals and double deals, so be careful of who you trust. That is, if you can trust anyone.

There is more than one crew in this game and the way to win Atlantic City is to outnumber all the other crews combined with those crews no longer having the ability to eliminate players from the game or prevent elimination.

Each day phase, the players must vote to kill (lynch) anyone they want and a kill will occur by majority vote. There is an incentive NOT to speed-lynch or blind-lynch anyone you want, as explained in detail below in the following post.

Remember, you can’t be half a gangster and there is no honor in the life you choose. Everyone is a potential ally or enemy and allegiances can be made and broken.

THE PLAYERS ARE:

1. Nolder

2. Cindy

3. Jetscode1

4. Integrity28

5. Jetsfan80

6. Leelou

7. Lily

8. Ishy

9. HessStation

10. Verbal

11. Darthe

12. Pac

13. Dan X

14. The Crusher

15. JiF

16. WWWWombat

17. AVM

18. Bleedin Green

19. Vicious89x

20. Smashmouth

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

***PLEASE READ***

THE RECRUITMENT MEETING—SPECIAL RULES

There is no limit on the number of reveals per day/night cycle, but players can ONLY reveal the character name. Absolutely NO reveals of role or crew name allowed under any circumstances. Of course, false character reveals are permitted and, at times, warranted.

A person who is close to lynch at L-2, can reveal his/her character name and offer to meet with the boss of any other crew the following night phase. If need be, I’ll suspend voting to remind the player of that option.

The purpose of the meeting is to see if that player will join that new crew and leave his/her old one.

Only 1 meeting request and grant of meeting allowed per day phase.

Any and all crew bosses can PM me to see if they will accept the meeting. It will be on a first come first serve basis based on time stamp of the PM. If there is a tie I will use Random.org to break it.

I will suspend voting while offering the bosses the opportunity to PM me. After I receive the requisite PMs or deem none is forthcoming, I will reopen the voting. Even if a meeting is granted to the player at L-2, nothing prevents the other players from lynching him/her thereafter.

If the crew boss accepts the meeting, I will notify the player via PM that the meeting is scheduled for that night phase. The player now has the option to either offer to join the crew, or try to kill the crew boss. The crew boss has the option to accept the player as a new crew member, or attempt to kill him/her. Neither will know beforehand what the other has decided. After receiving the PMs from both I will notify each what has occurred.

I will post on the game thread that a meeting is scheduled, but will not identify who the boss is on the board.

Note that the crew where the player comes from may decide to use a nightkill on that player because they fear being betrayed by him/her in joining the new crew.

Also note, if the player joins a new crew he or she does not have to be loyal to that crew. He or she can decide to act as a mole for his/her old crew and even share the QT link. Of course, that player will be at risk of being killed by his/her new crew for disloyalty.

Lastly, if the recruited player has a power role, the player will keep that power with the new crew, but will act as a reserve.

GENERAL RULES:

Absolutely NO out-of-thread communications may be either entirely or partially quoted, screen-capped or in any other way directly provided within the game thread (summaries of PMs for purposes of role reveals is allowed, however).

We all know what the spirit of the game is, and we all know when certain actions, even if not expressly forbidden, fall outside of the spirit of the game. For purposes of this game, I have commissioner of baseball like powers to sanction conduct that violates the spirit of the game, even if not expressly forbidden, up to and including modkilling the player and lying in their role reveal. If you have any question at all whether something you plan to do crosses the line, ask me first. This is your one and only warning.

Format: We will be running a normal mafia format with lynches during the day and night actions during the night. Days will run for ***48 hours*** or until a majority is reached (unvoting after a majority will not count) - but Day 1 will not have a deadline unless there is a need for it. Night will end in 18 hours or when I receive all night actions – so if you have a night action available but choose not to use it, please PM me to tell me “no Night Action”. The clock WILL run on the weekend, unless I decide to toll the clock.

Phase: A phase is either Day or Night (in most cases), where Days usually involved voting for lynches and Nights usually involve submitting night actions, such as Night Kills.

Cycle: A complete Day and Night cycle, like Day 1 and Night 1 together make up a complete cycle. Some powers last for a complete cycle while others only for that particular phase.

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that’s it! (No take backs!) So be sure of your decision! I'm here to talk it through if you need help. I will keep the Night phases open until deadline unless I receive all potential actions available for that phase. If you do not wish to use your action during a particular phase, please send me a PM stating that your intention to not use it so that I can cross you off the list.

Night Actions: These are actions that can only be submitted during the night phase. Most night actions should specifically state that it can only be used each night, but if you have any questions about this, please contact me immediately.

Inactivity: There is no official penalty for inactivity; however, any good mafia player knows that the less active the player, the more likely they are to be the next on the chopping block. So do your part to participate, you will not regret it. If you drop off entirely, or need to, let me know and I will try to replace you if at all possible. Some of you I have already spoken with about this, so if you suddenly find yourself unable to keep up, simply notify me and we can work something out.

Dead Player Posts: FORBIDDEN! If your player dies, you get one death reaction post that cannot contain any game information other than an ACK! I DIED!!! GO INNOCENTS or something.

Editing Posts: Permitted.

Quoting the Mod/Revealing Mod Pics: You may not quote anything I say in PM. You can paraphrase all you like – or lie about it, of course – but you may not post a “quote” from me in an attempt to prove your bona fides

Invisibility: It is not a requirement, but is to your advantage to use invisible mode.

Special Mod Notes:

I try to keep the flavor to a minimum, so to the best of my ability everything I've written in the Game Setup and the Role PMs has game meaning.

I like to have the game decided on the board, so ModKilling is a last resort. We all are veterans here and we know how to play, so have fun.

Everything you need to know about the game will be in-game, either on thread or in the Role PMs. In other words, you don't need to know the source material in order for your side to be victorious.

Thank you!

SMC I demand the dumbed down version.

So we can make deals at L2 with the thought being anyone voting us on a certain crew would unvote? Would that then not expose those who unvoted as part of an alliance?

What would be the motivation for people to unvote for someone whether or not a deal has been made?

Banner001_zps56158ec0.jpg

ALL ROLE PMs HAVE BEEN SENT

DAY 1 HAS STARTED

With 20 players, it takes 11 to lynch

Remember to bold your votes in black or red

MOD NOTE: No need to rush, take your time to digest. Enjoy the game!!!

Not sure what this means. Can they use the power or not?

MOD NOTE: Yes.

SMC I demand the dumbed down version.

So we can make deals at L2 with the thought being anyone voting us on a certain crew would unvote? Would that then not expose those who unvoted as part of an alliance?

What would be the motivation for people to unvote for someone whether or not a deal has been made?

MOD NOTE: Part of your answer is explained in response to Nolder's question. Players have value. Allegiances are valuable.

But, as you note, there are inherent risks. That's why things have to be done strategically.

Also note, I will not announce who the meeting is with while the vote is happening. The crew will be notified that a meeting is set, as will the player.

Archived