BOARDWALK EMPIRE MAFIA Game Thread

SMC

Ouch. I'm getting ready to start on the Game of Thrones series, and they aren't exactly short by any means. 8 books fewer, though.

my dad read all them and loves them. I'm the type if there's a movie or show ill do that instead...most of the time...especially if I already watched the movie/show.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my dad read all them and loves them. I'm the type if there's a movie or show ill do that instead...most of the time...especially if I already watched the movie/show.

I generally am as well...but I gave in and read the Hunger Games after my dad swore to them being so much better than the first movie (which we both thought was great). Glad I did...only book without a Super Hero in it that I've read cover to cover in a single day.

I generally am as well...but I gave in and read the Hunger Games after my dad swore to them being so much better than the first movie (which we both thought was great). Glad I did...only book without a Super Hero in it that I've read cover to cover in a single day.

yeah my wife read the book and watched te movie and loved both too. I guess the book is more graphic with scenes?

Ouch. I'm getting ready to start on the Game of Thrones series, and they aren't exactly short by any means. 8 books fewer, though.

Yeah, I'm on the second book now. Amazon was having a great deal a while back if you bought a package with all the books for Kindle, so I just decided to get them. At the time, I had absolutely no idea how long they were and on a Kindle you don't exactly have a great perspective on that, especially since they're all bundled together, so the percentage complete doesn't really tell you sh*t. The first book definitely caught me way off guard.

On the flip side, I watched season 1 of the HBO series before starting book 2 just to remind myself about all the sh*t that happened. That actually worked pretty well, especially since I took a break and read some other stuff between those books.

I thought the first book was great, the second was pretty good, but the third was a steaming pile of crap. What a complete waste of time reading that was.

Yeah, I'm on the second book now. Amazon was having a great deal a while back if you bought a package with all the books for Kindle, so I just decided to get them. At the time, I had absolutely no idea how long they were and on a Kindle you don't exactly have a great perspective on that, especially since they're all bundled together, so the percentage complete doesn't really tell you sh*t. The first book definitely caught me way off guard.

On the flip side, I watched season 1 of the HBO series before starting book 2 just to remind myself about all the sh*t that happened. That actually worked pretty well, especially since I took a break and read some other stuff between those books.

so I'm reading, The Somnabulist, by Jonathan Barnes right now...so it was popular a few years back, Victorian Quasi Steampunk Sherlock Holmes thing going, it's a total, unfortunate bore. I think I've been stuck on it for like 5 months now. Sigh...almost done. I get stuck starting sh*t sometimes I then feel the need to finish. It's annoying.

so I'm reading, The Somnabulist, by Jonathan Barnes right now...so it was popular a few years back, Victorian Quasi Steampunk Sherlock Holmes thing going, it's a total, unfortunate bore. I think I've been stuck on it for like 5 months now. Sigh...almost done. I get stuck starting sh*t sometimes I then feel the need to finish. It's annoying.

Yeah, I'm with on that one. Let's be honest, it's stubbornness that causes that and not much more.

leelou is lanfear, the very hottest woman in the series and able to make herself all things to all men... but check the name, lanfear.... a nightmare walking.... fear... beauty and fear... and such power... can bind the soul of the purest man to her, bound the soul of the purest men, the heroes of the story to her... powerful sorceress but so much more... caused the breaking of the world really, didn't start out evil perhaps but curious and drilled into into the dark one's prison... and set forth the dominion of hell on earth once again...

and was the lover of lews therin...am i getting this right lee? and later seduced his reborn al thor self... and.... ah, such wicked webs the women can weave...

she was destroyed and reincarnated as cyndane.... less beautiful but still magnificent and trapped, mind trapped, tortured, raped by moridin and seeking escape through the hero, rand...

and.... so evil and yet irresistible...

ambivalent character, trained the young hero, arranged for more training... trained for evil or for dominion, who can say.

she loved him in her way. evil can love.

and yes bed.

mmmmmmmmm... if only they knew how very naughty and gasmy these words were... not the new author but the god rest his soul original one, such a a very naughty man, so... so... ahhhhh... spoilers.

no idea how these books are considered YA with all the bondage and domination and....

lol yes nerdgasm....

y'all have skimmed over the very best naughty parts of DM.... you have no idea...

Do I get a write-up too Kitteh?

you have been named mat by wwwwom though i... beg to differ...

as mat you are a lucky bastard...

lucky in everything, cards, dice, battle, women...

your smile and a pinch on the bottom is enough to turn any buxom barmaid to your will...

but you are comfortable on both ends of the leash or if not comfortable at least.... utile...

you've been used as a toy by a much older more powerful woman..... tied up and bound in pink silk.... forced to perform at knife point and silly debates aside you loved every second...

and very comfortable holding the reigns as well. lucked yourself into a kingdom, lucked yourself into everything, farm boy playing silly tricks on locals and playing naughty games with local slatterns to general of all armies.... master of battle... none can outwit or outplay you.... the luck is always yours... protected from sorcery and somehow... the chosen lover and king of the mightiest empress on earth... you are irresistible.

you found a dynasty and no doubt get away with whatever murder you choose the whole time...

you are the god of luck the god of battle the god of love... you die and live again... you don;t mean to but still you do save the world... so many times... save help;less women who will not admit their helplessness.

luck will follow you all your days... you and those who follow you.... for coin, for love, for drink, for war...

you are the god of luck and love.

may god have mercy on your soul.

Excellent. And all of it fact.

If you disagree, who do you think I am then?

as i said, you are no boy you are a man. and a mature, unusually skilled one...

thom merrilin or moridin i would say.

luck has nothing to do with your life.

skill. pathos. wile. guile.

true love though inconstant.

able to woo queens, to rule kingdoms not on luck but on your ability to bend women to your will.

lol... not by luck. skill. pure skill.

and able to juggle so many... blazing objects... so many political intrigues...

who could resist your skill either as a gleeman... a bringer of joy to all....or as moridin... a bringer of the most pleasurable wickedness.

but perhaps the mask of the innocent suits you better.

5/3/1 is a great program for that. The gains are slow and steady but the fun part is the "over-reach set" aka the "+". So let's say the day is 3x5+ that's 3 sets of 5 reps with last set being as many reps as possible. So you end up repping out sets at like 7-15 reps depending on how saucy you feel.

Then after that you do the boring but big protocol. You take your heaviest weight and take 40-50% of that. Then do 5 sets of 10 reps, only resting 60 seconds between sets. So much swole.

PM if you want more info.

/awaits inevitable homo statement

I had no idea how much I missed you. Congrats on the cross fit thing. I have to PM you later. Got something you will get a kick outta.

Archived