Grading Rex's hand-picked choices

Integrity28

by the way all this Santonio Holmes gets a D+ or an F discounts how many games he won basically by himself in the 09/10 seasons. Yes 11 was a disaster (and hurt for 12) but Santonio was a very good player for the Jets when he first arrived. To say he's an F is just looking at last couple years maybe.

The 09 season? Wouldn't Holmes need to have actually been on the roster in order to have done anything for the Jets?

Besides, the concept of him winning any games "by himself" is such utter horse sh*t. My personal favorite is the Browns game which was nearly a tie when the only reason the Jets didn't win the game in regulation was because Holmes dropped the game-winning TD.

i guess the scale is just messed up. If mason is an f than holmes is a D+? really Holmes had 2 great years and he's a half grade better than mason, who did nothing?

Two great years? How do you figure? His first season here saw him suspended for 4 games and then he had a season which may have been pretty good, but comes nowhere close to qualifying as "great" for a WR, especially an alleged #1 WR (just look at his stat line). His second year here, you yourself have already declared to be a "disaster" in this thread. This year he played 4 games.

Great? He never broke 800 yards receiving. Mason isn't even really an F. He cost very little and they cut him. Big ****ing deal. The big problem is the cancer in the locker and NOT being able to cut them.

Mason is probably more of an "incomplete" than anything. The signing itself was obviously not the greatest of decisions, but at least the team was smart enough to move on from him quickly. Outside of a couple of weeks of media headlines, his presence here really meant nothing in the end.

how are any of these Rex's hand picked selections? hes the HC not the GM. John conner maybe was a hand picked selection. But he's paid to coach the players not pick em out.

Here is what I don't understand. The presser has Woody saying he loved Mr. T but he felt the team needed to be going in a different direction. Wasn't the team going in Rex's direction the first 4 years? Did not Rex say he failed to put his imprint on this team the first 4 years? Was not the Ground and Pound Rex's idea? What was Mr. T's direction, exactly? Woody is just spewing pablum here. Stuff owners say when they fire guys. This is Rex's shipwreck.This team was heavily imprinted by Rex. There is no questioning it. Tannenbaum was a clerk along for the ride, the way i see it. He was no G.M. So Woody fires a guy he admits had more plusses than minuses and keeps a guy who was really running the show, a guy who admits he has failed the first four years? I would love to see a CAT scan of Woody's and Rex's brains. Something is buzzing around in there.

Here is what I don't understand. The presser has Woody saying he loved Mr. T but he felt the team needed to be going in a different direction. Wasn't the team going in Rex's direction the first 4 years? Did not Rex say he failed to put his imprint on this team the first 4 years? Was not the Ground and Pound Rex's idea? What was Mr. T's direction, exactly? Woody is just spewing pablum here. Stuff owners say when they fire guys. This is Rex's shipwreck.This team was heavily imprinted by Rex. There is no questioning it. Tannenbaum was a clerk along for the ride, the way i see it. He was no G.M. So Woody fires a guy he admits had more plusses than minuses and keeps a guy who was really running the show, a guy who admits he has failed the first four years? I would love to see a CAT scan of Woody's and Rex's brains. Something is buzzing around in there.

I agree about Tannenbaum, but that may be the problem with Rex. He may need an authority figure up top to say no every now and then. I like Rex, but he may have run his course here. OTOH, he has certain skills and that can't be denied. Tannenbaum completely changed his philosophy on bringing in players from Mangini to Rex. We went from choir boys to convicts. The only thing that stayed the same was the "look under every rock" philosophy that got him ridiculed around here.

I agree about Tannenbaum, but that may be the problem with Rex. He may need an authority figure up top to say no every now and then. I like Rex, but he may have run his course here. OTOH, he has certain skills and that can't be denied. Tannenbaum completely changed his philosophy on bringing in players from Mangini to Rex. We went from choir boys to convicts. The only thing that stayed the same was the "look under every rock" philosophy that got him ridiculed around here.

Francesa was right (Did I just say that?). Rex was here 4 years and just asked for a do-over. Everything he said was a lie. Most disconcerting, was the knob-slobbering by Woody. The future looks bleak. We will get a rubber stamp G.M. who answers to the Do-Over King.

Francesa was right (Did I just say that?). Rex was here 4 years and just asked for a do-over. Everything he said was a lie. Most disconcerting, was the knob-slobbering by Woody. The future looks bleak. We will get a rubber stamp G.M. who answers to the Do-Over King.

I didn't watch the press conference, but I know that the press conference will be meaningless. I do agree that the biggest danger is getting a rubber stamp GM, but I don't think the way Rex handles the press has much to do with how he handles the team. I do wish that Woody would have divided the press conferences so that Rex wouldn't be up there talking like he were picking the GM.

Mark Sanchez: C-

We got 2 decent years and 2 playoff runs out of him, which is more than some first round QBs do in a career. Mark isn't responsible for his stupid contract, but he is responsible for digressing over his 2nd two years. He may not be a completely lost cause yet, so I bumped him up from D for that.

F+

We got 2 playoff runs out of the defense and running game

Plaxico and Holmes became divisive together. I'm not blaming Plax for Holmes actions, but I am saying that Plax's presence made Holmes more detrimental as a non-team guy.

I see your point on Coples too, but I want to see him as an every down guy before I get too psyched. Not hard to lead this team in sacks, when we've got nobody who can get to the QB.

Well it is true....if we are grading legit Coples season was average. If we are talking Jets draft grades, HE GOT MULTIPLE SACKS. He isn't vernon lol.

This is Rex's shipwreck.This team was heavily imprinted by Rex. There is no questioning it. Tannenbaum was a clerk along for the ride, the way i see it. He was no G.M

being a head coach is a full time, 100 hours a week job. Rex doesn't have time to pick out the players too.

being a head coach is a full time, 100 hours a week job. Rex doesn't have time to pick out the players too.

You are dreaming. Fatso was on the radio saying Mr. T. told him that Rex was never refused a player he wanted. Now I do not normally quote Fatso, but at least these were not anonymous sources.

Because he should have said - "**** you all. I'm doing what I've always done." (door flies closed)

That would have went down well here.

Archived