Press Conference Thread

SoFlaJets

\ I was going to bump some threads that I was looking up from a couple of years ago

Jets fans are the worst. No doubt.

Yes. We as fans should just blindly follow someone because we once liked them? :rl:

And where are these bumped threads?? I'd love to see who the ball washers are that you're calling out for having a brain and changing their mind

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. We as fans should just blindly follow someone because we once liked them? :rl:

And where are these bumped threads?? I'd love to see who the ball washers are that you're calling out for having a brain and changing their mind

I didnt want to flood the board. But there is a thread, started by one of the biggest haters of all, that said compares Mangini era vs. Tanny/Rex era literally saying they "love" them in the thread title.

Changing your opinion is fine. I just think its funny that in 2 years, you're one of the best coaches in the league to now the biggest joke in the league. Pretty sure he's the exact same dude.

Jets fans are the worst?

Man. Go to any message board of a bad team and the fans are doing the same thing. Just because there are less Jaguars fans doesnt mean the ones that give a sh*t dont bitch and moan about the team.

Fact is, especially for season ticket holders, they pay an absurd amount of money to watch a team thats boring as sh*t and havent had a home playoff game in 10 years.

Just curious, what should our expectations be?

or learning more from watching and listening to a guy in the performance of his duties-we all loved going to 2 AFCCGs and all thought we had a guy finally running the show who wasn't just another failure of a Jets HC...it's starting to look like Rex is becoming a failure in two of 3 areas I can cite right off the bat: Offensive control, and picking out the groceries

Here's a cute one for you honey, pay particular attention to the 2 biggest Rex haters on the board, Shane and SFLJ. (I'll give Shane credit for his persistence on Tanny though)

I don't know how you guys do it in Ireland with your game of football but here in the States it's all about one thing and one thing only winning a Super Bowl. Anybody who is satisfied with what the Jets have been doing is a frigging moron who has no concept of what the NFL and winning football is all about. Oh how great; we beat Tom Brady a few times-we are a SUCCESS!!!! In 15 seasons, the Steelers UNDER BILL COWHER won 8 division titles, played in 21 playoff games in 10 years, went to 6 AFCCGs and made the Super Bowl twice-there is no comparison. And to say that you'd rather win with Rex Ryan than any other coach in the league-what does that even mean? Talk about "This is ****ing retarded" and I never said I hate Rex Ryan as a man-get a clue man...and talk to me after you have watched football for more than 4 years-maybe then you'll grasp the whole "winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing" concept. BTW, that quote was said by the guy whose name is ON the Super Bowl Trophy, which I'm willing to bet you didn't know.

No in Ireland we just like to compete, eat potatoes and go for an almighty rip of drink afterwards. Winning is for losers. Obviously it's a cultural thing. Obviously.

Bill Cowher didn't deal with one of the top 5 QB's of all time every single season, or one of the top coaches of all time every single season, his division was rarely even competitive.

Rex has been in 6 playoff games in 4 years and has been to 2 AFCCG's, hardly a terrible ratio either, so you say there's no comparison when in fact there's a very reasonable comparison to be made.

The reason I'd rather win with Rex is because he's the ****ing man. He's not you're run of the mill boring NFL coach that mechanically goes about his business, he's passionate, he's up front and takes pride in his team. He's everything an NFL coach should be, although ESPN wont tell you that. The boring ****s.

Watch football for more than 4 years. Jesus, is that you BP? I've only been signed up here for 6 years, lol.

You're older so you know everything. That is what you're telling me. Cool.

Who is Vince Lombardi, never heard of him. Does he play the GAA?

I had no problem with Rex's hire or with his coaching, except for his challenges and time management, which are abysmal I have a problem with his lying. When he came here he boasted, he was garrulous and arrogant. That got tiresome but was not a fireable offense. But this year he has been lying. He lies at every presser and he does it badly. I turned on Rex because of the lies and because of the stupid defenses of Sanchez. Now I learn he has been selecting the groceries and not very well, and slobbering up to the owner, who is a tool. It is discouraging. All I learned at yesterday's news conference was that Rex has got the Big Stupid believing his lies. Woody looked like a stenographer sitting next to Rex at that presser. It was disturbing. We have a megalomaniac liar for a coach, and a Giant Tool for an owner. Why should I be happy?

I had no problem with Rex's hire or with his coaching, except for his challenges and time management, which are abysmal I have a problem with his lying. When he came here he boasted, he was garrulous and arrogant. That got tiresome but was not a fireable offense. But this year he has been lying. He lies at every presser and he does it badly. I turned on Rex because of the lies and because of the stupid defenses of Sanchez. Now I learn he has been selecting the groceries and not very well, and slobbering up to the owner, who is a tool. It is discouraging. All I learned at yesterday's news conference was that Rex has got the Big Stupid believing his lies. Woody looked like a stenographer sitting next to Rex at that presser. It was disturbing. We have a megalomaniac liar for a coach, and a Giant Tool for an owner. Why should I be happy?

EXACTLY.

Archived