Press Conference Thread

SoFlaJets

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sucks to be you. You're going to have to suffer a long long time watching the great Rex Ryan lead my Jets. MY JETS. You guys dont deserve Rex Ryan and the success he's going to bring to this organization.

Rex Ryan is the man. He's a great leader, a great coach and is exactly who I'd wan to run this organization. So he doesnt give BB like press conferences. Oh noes!!!

This is all starting to sound eerily familiar to your "support" of a certain QB-who-shall-not-be-named about a year ago.

So i didn't get to watch the press conference. How did it go ? Any highlights ?

Ok here's my highlights...

Woody prophesies his unconditional ghey love for Rex

Rex says he's starting from scratch as if this were the first time he gets appointed HC

Rex calls his wife Beautiful and avoids the Tat talk. (suggests he may change the number on the jersey)

Woody says Rex will be involved in the decision for GM :mad0259:

Rex blames the season on injuries and poor personnel ... wants an offense that reflects him ... LOL

I decide to turn off the speakers... Oh yea that wasn't part of it.

Overall, they had no clear answers on the future just more bs.

Korn Ferry's Jed Hughes was just found dead in his Manhattan apartment from an apparent suicide. The estimated time of death was between 11:30am-11:45am, more details as they come in.

Yeah, hi, Mr.(insert GM candidates' name here), it's Jed Hughes. Curious-why did you email me you are no longer interested in the Jets GM job? Can we talk about this? Are you sure? can Mr. Johnson offer more money?years?perks? Is there anything I can do to change your mind?

Find another team bub, Rex is here to stay!!!

Wooooohooooo!!!!!

Rex Ryan 4 life!

You know what I find unfair, and is the NFL's biggest double standard? Offensive HC's like S Payton for example NEVER take heat when the defensive side of the ball is always a mess, and they NEVER get involved with that side of the ball, NO ONE ever questions them about that, Why? Because there offense is doing what they were hired for it to do, but defensive coaches don't get this same pass. Rex came here well known for his D, and to me he hasn't disappointed on that, yet he gets killed because his offense hasn't caught up. Maybe it's time to give the D HC a break, IF given the right QB, and offense this team with Rex's D will be in the mix every year. After the press Confrence to me the GM is responsible to find said QB, he failed so he got fired, Rex is responsible to find the coaches, he has failed, but to everyones opinion around here any coach would have failed with Sanchez. Let the new GM find the new QB, and let Rex pick 1 more offensive coach give it a fair 2-3 year window (assuming new QB is drafted, or never started in the league before IE Flynn), and go from there. But if Rex doesn't continue to hold up on his defensive part during this process you gotta hold him to it, and fire him, his teams can't lose because his D isn't performing that's unexceptable, that's his thing.

You know what I find unfair, and is the NFL's biggest double standard? Offensive HC's like S Payton for example NEVER take heat when the defensive side of the ball is always a mess, and they NEVER get involved with that side of the ball, NO ONE ever questions them about that, Why? Because there offense is doing what they were hired for it to do, but defensive coaches don't get this same pass. Rex came here well known for his D, and to me he hasn't disappointed on that, yet he gets killed because his offense hasn't caught up. Maybe it's time to give the D HC a break, IF given the right QB, and offense this team with Rex's D will be in the mix every year. After the press Confrence to me the GM is responsible to find said QB, he failed so he got fired, Rex is responsible to find the coaches, he has failed, but to everyones opinion around here any coach would have failed with Sanchez. Let the new GM find the new QB, and let Rex pick 1 more offensive coach give it a fair 2-3 year window (assuming new QB is drafted, or never started in the league before IE Flynn), and go from there. But if Rex doesn't continue to hold up on his defensive part during this process you gotta hold him to it, and fire him, his teams can't lose because his D isn't performing that's unexceptable, that's his thing.

Very true and very unfair. Good thing Woody recognizes that and is keeping Rex around for as long as he likes.

Ok here's my highlights...

Woody prophesies his unconditional ghey love for Rex

Rex says he's starting from scratch as if this were the first time he gets appointed HC

Rex calls his wife Beautiful and avoids the Tat talk. (suggests he may change the number on the jersey)

Woody says Rex will be involved in the decision for GM :mad0259:

Rex blames the season on injuries and poor personnel ... wants an offense that reflects him ... LOL

I decide to turn off the speakers... Oh yea that wasn't part of it.

Overall, they had no clear answers on the future just more bs.

Thank you for the wrapup. So we learnt nothing new.

Rex shouldnt be fired because the offense is inept. He should be fired because he sucks as a head coach running the show and failing to make decisions when they need to be made.

Dont listen to these biased haters. It was everything you want to hear as a Jets fan. Truly music to my ears.

So this thread is 11 pages of whining with some JiF and bit in there?

I don't really care if they keep Rex or not. Team needs players more than they need coaches, and Sparano being gone was the bigger issue for me.

I don't really care if they keep Rex or not. Team needs players more than they need coaches, and Sparano being gone was the bigger issue for me.

Umm you can refer to pg 11

that tells you everything you need to know about the conference :)

You're welcome

Jets fans in general, dont know anything about Football. Very few Jets fans with our type of knowledge of the game.

They all think they know more about Football than Rex Ryan. Think about that for a second...

Done?

Cool. Truth is, 90% of these haters were ready to wash his balls in their mouths 2 years ago and will be right back on their knees in 2 years when Rex turns this mess that Mangini and Tanny left for him. Fans are fickle. Especially Jets fans who have an inferiority complex because of the Pats and Giants. They dont realize that many great HC's have had disastrous seasons and turned it around. Nor do they care because they are in general miserable pricks with no life (see TomShane) and really wouldnt be happy if they didnt have anything to bitch about.

Jets fans in general, dont know anything about Football. Very few Jets fans with our type of knowledge of the game.

They all think they know more about Football than Rex Ryan. Think about that for a second...

Done?

Cool. Truth is, 90% of these haters were ready to wash his balls in their mouths 2 years ago and will be right back on their knees in 2 years when Rex turns this mess that Mangini and Tanny left for him. Fans are fickle. Especially Jets fans who have an inferiority complex because of the Pats and Giants. They dont realize that many great HC's have had disastrous seasons and turned it around. Nor do they care because they are in general miserable pricks with no life (see TomShane) and really wouldnt be happy if they didnt have anything to bitch about.

sweet. im in the 10% of haters who didnt wash Rex's balls.

Truth is, 90% of these haters were ready to wash his balls in their mouths 2 years ago and will be right back on their knees in 2 years when Rex turns this mess that Mangini and Tanny left for him.

Exactly, which is why it's all a load of hooey.

sweet. im in the 10% of haters who didnt wash Rex's balls.

I called him Wrecks 4 years ago in a prophecy.

I dont get what everyone is so upset about here....I am not surprised because it seems like most of the people here love hating everything about this team but Rex came out and basically said:

He ****ed up for 4 years

Sanchez is not the starter next year

Ground and Pound is Dead

Focus will shift to offense

He will help pick GM

All of those things are good to hear if you are a Jet fan. He is admitting that he has not focused on what he needs to focus on, hopefully he gets it this time and I have no issue with him getting another shot after one sub 500 season. I also don't mind Rex helping to pick the GM because hopefully he will make sure they get a football guy and not just an accountant.

JIF, I figure you are trolling, but you have to consider this.... Rex is barely a good head football coach. Now he has been put in position to be the grand Belli of the organization and call all the shots.

Tannenbaum is on record saying Rex has been given every player he wants.

Clinksales left because Rex was given say over the scouts.

Nothing about this is good for this organization.

I dont get what everyone is so upset about here....I am not surprised because it seems like most of the people here love hating everything about this team but Rex came out and basically said:

He ****ed up for 4 years

Sanchez is not the starter next year

Ground and Pound is Dead

Focus will shift to offense

He will help pick GM

All of those things are good to hear if you are a Jet fan. He is admitting that he has not focused on what he needs to focus on, hopefully he gets it this time and I have no issue with him getting another shot after one sub 500 season. I also don't mind Rex helping to pick the GM because hopefully he will make sure they get a football guy and not just an accountant.

I agree

Archived