The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

Just for CrazyCarl. Since he's out the door here's John T saying the same thing I was arguing with Carl about for a week lol

And now he jobless and the Pens are in the ECF. Don't act like the Pens stars don't get run all the time.  Oh, and Orpik was assessed a penalty.  So, I'm not sure what the problem is.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now he jobless and the Pens are in the ECF. Don't act like the Pens stars don't get run all the time. Oh, and Orpik was assessed a penalty. So, I'm not sure what the problem is.

You've had the most talented team in the league for years. There's a boat load of circumstantial evidence pointing to league favoritism of the Pens and Mario for taking them over. I was right about the Mario being a hypocrite argument but you should probably just ignore me, I'm baiting you. You root for the Pens I root for the Islanders, not only dies the league not care about my team....... nobody does.

Pens 5

Chicago 6

2010-2011 they were second, so I would say that Lemeiux and Shero have cleaned up the Pens game a little bit, wouldn't you? He put his money where his mouth is.  It's also a result of Matt Cooke changing his game as well.

CHANGED MAN!!!!!

cookehit2.gif

Maybe not............ You're the best man. You hate flopping but blow crosby and you dislike Chris Neil but love Matt Cooke. Your bat sh*t craziness makes this place so much more entertaining for me.

Maybe not............ You're the best man. You hate flopping but blow crosby and you dislike Chris Neil but love Matt Cooke. Your bat sh*t craziness makes this place so much more entertaining for me.

Look at the troll. Trolling again. Big surprise.

Oh and there was no supplemental discipline because the call for misconduct was a joke. Keep on trolling though!

Totally, who even knew that was illegal?

If they throw Matt Cooke out then they should have thrown Marchand out too. It was two minutes for boarding and that is it. McQuaid saw the hit coming and put himself in a vulnerable position. Neal never saw Marchand coming.

If they throw Matt Cooke out then they should have thrown Marchand out too. It was two minutes for boarding and that is it. McQuaid saw the hit coming and put himself in a vulnerable position. Neal never saw Marchand coming.

Give me a break. If they threw Marchand out of the game for that hit it would be an absolute embarrassment to the game.  The hits were completely different. Marchands was from the side. Cooke forearm to the numbers.  Marchand's skate knocked Neal down, not so much the hit.  He got what he deserved.

As for the Cooke penalty, it shouldnt have been a 5 and the game since he didnt run him.  But I can understand why he was run because of the shove he gave him right in the numbers.  If he doesnt shove him into the boards, at that distance, he probably gets 2.  Heck, the Pens shoulda ended up on the power play there since Cooke was interfered with and they attacked him after the hit.

If I was a Penguins fan, I would be more pissed off at the no calls on the Krug interference and the Marchand interference on the 2 on 0 breakaway.

The Bruins are playing their best when it matters in hockey-goal scoring is spread out and big contibutions from two rookies

I'm enjoying seeing Pittsburgh get beat down because Carl entertains me but I'm praying whoever wins the west crushes them

Sorry can not see Kings win again- like who cares in California

Boston or Chicago

I think Chicago probably wins the next 2. I bet the Kings and the under game 3, I got Chicago tonight. After getting embarrassed I thought Quick at home was a good bet. The Duncan Keith suspension worries me but they only need to win 1 in LA for this to be over

Haven't seen him much since the trade for Calgary spare one game vs. the Rangers until this series. Not seeing much speical about him at all.

He looks done.

It is amazing the run the Bruins have gone on since being down 4-1 to Toronto in the 3rd period of game 7.

They have a look right now of a team that is going to roll to the Stanley Cup.

The Bruins play solid two way hockey and play defense like crazy.  They just don't beat themselves.  Rask stole the show last night. If they can keep it up, they'll be tough to oust in the Finals.

He looks done.

3 points less than Crosby during the playoffs bro, but if you want to blame the 35 year old acquisition who's been with the team a month instead of your prima donna superstar center who hasn't posted a point this series then feel free my man.

3 points less than Crosby during the playoffs bro, but if you want to blame the 35 year old acquisition who's been with the team a month instead of your prima donna superstar center who hasn't posted a point this series then feel free my man.

Haha. You're so lame. Please show me where I said that Iginla was to blame for the 0-3 hole.  Show me.  I'm not blaming any person in particular because no one has played all that well against the Bruins.

The Bruins are keying on Crosby, they aren't keying on Iginla who was playing on the 3rd line last night.  You're so off base with this.  Crosby is probably the MVP of the regular season and was having a very good postseason until the Bruins series. He's the best player in hockey.

Haha. You're so lame. Please show me where I said that Iginla was to blame for the 0-3 hole.  Show me.  I'm not blaming any person in particular because no one has played all that well against the Bruins.

The Bruins are keying on Crosby, they aren't keying on Iginla who was playing on the 3rd line last night.  You're so off base with this.  Crosby is probably the MVP of the regular season and was having a very good postseason until the Bruins series. He's the best player in hockey.

You said he looks done based off this series after having 12 points in the first two series. It seems kind of unfair given your love affair for Crosby since the only place he's shown up the last week is crying in the press. No points in the 3 most important games he's played in the 2+ years, very Jordan/Gretzky like.

You said he looks done based off this series after having 12 points in the first two series. It seems kind of unfair given your love affair for Crosby since the only place he's shown up the last week is crying in the press. No points in the 3 most important games he's played in the 2+ years, very Jordan/Gretzky like.

I said he looked done. Not just based on his series but the playoffs as a whole. He's slow and he's not getting to picks and getting the shot away.

Say what you want about Crosby but he's what? 25? He's already got a ring and a gold medal to go with other numerous trophies. Has he played well the last three games? No. Is he still the best player in the world? Of course. There will be more opportunities.

I said he looked done. Not just based on his series but the playoffs as a whole. He's slow and he's not getting to picks and getting the shot away.

Say what you want about Crosby but he's what? 25? He's already got a ring and a gold medal to go with other numerous trophies. Has he played well the last three games? No. Is he still the best player in the world? Of course. There will be more opportunities.

The other guy people argued for as the best in the world is Ovechkin. I actually think Ovey has gotten worse over time and doesn't put forth enough effort to be called the best anymore but he never had 1/50th of the talent that surrounds Crosby. His cup winning team was stacked, this team is stacked. I mean Malkin is probably a top 5 player himself, If Crosby is the greatest then you don't think he should be showing more than he is right now? This is when it matters. You don't think the Penguins have a more talented roster? I think so and if I asked you a week ago you would have agreed. Truly great players lift themselves and teammates up when it matters. That's true for every sport and every great athlete ever.

The other guy people argued for as the best in the world is Ovechkin. I actually think Ovey has gotten worse over time and doesn't put forth enough effort to be called the best anymore but he never had 1/50th of the talent that surrounds Crosby. His cup winning team was stacked, this team is stacked. I mean Malkin is probably a top 5 player himself, If Crosby is the greatest then you don't think he should be showing more than he is right now? This is when it matters. You don't think the Penguins have a more talented roster? I think so and if I asked you a week ago you would have agreed. Truly great players lift themselves and teammates up when it matters. That's true for every sport and every great athlete ever.

The 2009 team was stacked? The Red Wings had the better players and team that season. I'm not going to waste my time breaking down this post, but you have no idea what you're talking about. Example: LeBron James is undoubtedly the best player in the NBA but didn't win jack without Wade and Bosh. Crosby can't do it all, especially in a game that relies a ton on how well the goalie plays and the fact that he only plays about 1/3 or half of the game. He's also coming off of injuries.

Just ask yourself this: do you honestly think there is a better player in the NHL than Crosby right now?

Could be splitting hairs. But the guy I'd rather have is Makin-big, strong, talented plays hard and while a very tough guy he's not dirty (Like Lucic/Neil/Cooke/Marchand) npr a whiner like Crosby.I admit a bias-Crosby is a tremendous talent, I simply cannot stand his docuhebaggery.

The Ovechikin observation is spot on. Doens't really bother playing defense, and he does give up, May be his teams were hopeless and he didn't bother going through the motions. Not sure how it ends, if he becomes a hired gun like Jagr or he keeps cashing the Caps checks. Either way he does no favors to his legacy lately.

Could be splitting hairs. But the guy I'd rather have is Makin-big, strong, talented plays hard and while a very tough guy he's not dirty (Like Lucic/Neil/Cooke/Marchand) npr a whiner like Crosby.I admit a bias-Crosby is a tremendous talent, I simply cannot stand his docuhebaggery.

Malkin is a very good player but he can be lazy defensively and doesn't always play hard. He's great when he wants to be by sometimes take shifts off.

Crosby will apparently never live down how he acted as a teenager in the National Hockey League. Get over it. He's got a C on his chest and its his job to talk to the refs. He's not the only player to ever complain (and mostly rightfully so) to the refs. NBA players do it, MLB players do it and so do NFL players. I'm not sure why Crosby is called out except maybe jealousy.

Only in your mind would it be an all time playoff failure. 17 Bruins from the cup team are still on the team. It's not like if they got upset in the first round by the Islanders.

You guys went all in at the trade deadline. You have 2 MVP's in their prime and supposedly the greatest player in the game and you're about to get swept. Go change your tampon quick, you've still got 8 min

You guys went all in at the trade deadline. You have 2 MVP's in their prime and supposedly the greatest player in the game and you're about to get swept. Go change your tampon quick, you've still got 8 min

Change my tampon? What are you, 12? Grow up.

Yes the penguins went "all in" by trading for a few 30+ formerly great players and giving barely anything in return. Some teams just don't matchup well with other teams. The Bruins play a great defensive game that has frustrated the Penguins. The Bruins are a very good team. I'm not sure why it would a historic failure. We're not talking yankees up 3-0 here.

Change my tampon? What are you, 12? Grow up.

Yes the penguins went "all in" by trading for a few 30+ formerly great players and giving barely anything in return. Some teams just don't matchup well with other teams. The Bruins play a great defensive game that has frustrated the Penguins. The Bruins are a very good team. I'm not sure why it would a historic failure. We're not talking yankees up 3-0 here.

Best offense in the NHL? 2 points in 4 games buddy. You make whatever excuses you want to help you sleep after this epic failure, I'm sure Sidney will be doing the same thing

Best offense in the NHL? 2 points in 4 games buddy. You make whatever excuses you want to help you sleep after this epic failure, I'm sure Sidney will be doing the same thing

What excuses have I made at all aside from giving the Bruins credit? You're freaking delusional. The Pens losing to the Bruins in the Eastern Conference Finals is not an epic failure. The Bruins have been on a tear since game 7 versus the Leafs and Rask has been playing out of his mind. A hot goalie can carry a team unlike any other sport. Even against the best scoring team in the league for the season.

Archived