The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

What a heartbreaker!

We win that game almost every night, defensive lapses and we give up 4, that hardly ever happens. :face:

Nash is a beast, Stepan is on fire, and Zuccarello played one hell of a game tonight!

We have to beat them at MSG!

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a heartbreaker!

We win that game almost every night, defensive lapses and we give up 4, that hardly ever happens.  :face:

Nash is a beast, Stepan is on fire, and Zuccarello played one hell of a game tonight!

We have to beat them at MSG!

Big picture-this team has been transformed after the trading deadine. They will get in,and they won't be an easy out.

Big picture-this team has been transformed after the trading deadine. They will get in,and they won't be an easy out.

True, I don't always like the Sather signings, but he does do a good job at moving those pieces.

If Brassard develops into what he was projected to be in his draft year, it's going to be another feather in the Slats cap.

An abysmal effort. Taking Nash off the power play is almost a firing offense. If the Rangers don't make it Torts has to be toast. There have been too many games like last night where the Rangers needed to go out and get a foal or 2 lead vs, an inferior opponent. And instead they barely showed interest in moving up ice for the friist 40 minutes.

Pointed out to me the Rangers are now the only team that cycles in the corners any more. Most teams set guys up fornt of the net and shoot away in hopes of a rebound or a deflection. Opponents are quite happy to let the Rangers spend all night in the corners because there's no plan to get the puck near the net anyway. The dump and chase stuff is pretty poinltess and yet it's all they do.

The Islanders have been so bad for so long that it does not surprise me that Torts would say that and he is right a playoff series between the two will ramp things up ten fold.

That is of course if the Rangers actually make the playoffs. Their performance last night the first two periods against Philly was borderline disgraceful.

The Islanders have been so bad for so long that it does not surprise me that Torts would say that and he is right a playoff series between the two will ramp things up ten fold.

That is of course if the Rangers actually make the playoffs. Their performance last night the first two periods against Philly was borderline disgraceful.

It was disgraceful!

Not surprised he would say that either, and sure a playoff series would ramp things up, but this is, and will always be a rivalry. 

Torts should show some respect for the history of the 2 clubs.

Sad to say he probably had to win last year because his shelf life is simply too short. The whole "we didn't have a training camp" excuse is pitiful. NOBODY AHD A TRAINING CAMP. I'll grant you Gaborik is a balless pretty boy who dissappears in physical games. But for better or worse you at least try to use him effectively. You can see these guys are playing way too tight worryting about getting back on defense instead of charging into the offensive zone. Looks a lot like 1992 and 1993, when Roger Nielsen  wanted everyone to play like a grinding 3rd line checker regardless of their talent. If you hire Monet to paint, you don't waste his talent painting your garage. If you can barely score goals Nash has to be part of your top PP unit. He is the only guy that scares other teams. And Hagelin and Zuccarello get benched every time they make minute mistakes Iis a joke. JT and Krieder cannot lose ice time to the likes of Pyatt and  Brian Boyle. The only reason defense is such a  big deal is because the Rangers are almost above playing offense; the game is in their end all night.

Sad to say he probably had to win last year because his shelf life is simply too short. The whole "we didn't have a training camp" excuse is pitiful. NOBODY AHD A TRAINING CAMP. I'll grant you Gaborik is a balless pretty boy who dissappears in physical games. But for better or worse you at least try to use him effectively. You can see these guys are playing way too tight worryting about getting back on defense instead of charging into the offensive zone. Looks a lot like 1992 and 1993, when Roger Nielsen  wanted everyone to play like a grinding 3rd line checker regardless of their talent. If you hire Monet to paint, you don't waste his talent painting your garage. If you can barely score goals Nash has to be part of your top PP unit. He is the only guy that scares other teams. And Hagelin and Zuccarello get benched every time they make minute mistakes Iis a joke. JT and Krieder cannot lose ice time to the likes of Pyatt and  Brian Boyle. The only reason defense is such a  big deal is because the Rangers are almost above playing offense; the game is in their end all night.

He ends up ruining players with this sh*t!

With a chance to clinch, and pick up a point on the Isle's, once again the Rangers make the Panthers look 50 times better than they are, unreal!

If we can't get 2 points in the next 2 games, against 2 golf clubs, then we don't deserve to get in!

With a chance to clinch, and pick up a point on the Isle's, once again the Rangers make the Panthers look 50 times better than they are, unreal!

If we can't get 2 points in the next 2 games, against 2 golf clubs, then we don't deserve to get in!

Tonight and too often has been about coaching, or really lack thereof. The power play is terrible. WHy is Kreider now treated like a 4th liner? I know they're good penalty killers but playing Pyatt and Powe ovr Miller and Kreider is crazy. And Torts has marked these guys as nonfactors instead of encourgaing them. Look, nayone with some talent and hard work can kill penalties; enough with playiong favroites with guys who give you little else. You need scoring. No sense of urgency, more overpassing, more indifference and failure to just shoot in the offensive zone.

Tonight and too often has been about coaching, or really lack thereof. The power play is terrible. WHy is Kreider now treated like a 4th liner? I know they're good penalty killers but playing Pyatt and Powe ovr Miller and Kreider is crazy. And Torts has marked these guys as nonfactors instead of encourgaing them. Look, nayone with some talent and hard work can kill penalties; enough with playiong favroites with guys who give you little else. You need scoring. No sense of urgency, more overpassing, more indifference and failure to just shoot in the offensive zone.

I agree, Henrik is our best penalty killer anyway.

We don't score enough, we don't have a power play that scores consistently, we don't have the luxury to play guys like Powe (0 points) over anyone that showed some scoring threat.

At least Pyatt has put a few in, I doubt we see Miller again this year, and once Boyle is back, Krieder will probably be gone.

Torts is too hard on these kids, they know 1 mistake and they are in the dog house.

Gabby was scoring 40+ and could do no right, not good for the development of young scorers. 

I wanted Jim Schonfield, and I still do.

He has done very well for us in Hartford, I wonder why he refuses to take over the big club.

Slats or Dolan?

I wanted Jim Schonfield, and I still do.

He has done very well for us in Hartford, I wonder why he refuses to take over the big club.

Slats or Dolan?

Would love to see the Rangers take a long look at Doug Weight. The Isles

resugence has a lot to do with this guy, and someone is gonna snatch him up next year and have a great coach.

Would love to see the Rangers take a long look at Doug Weight. The Isles

resugence has a lot to do with this guy, and someone is gonna snatch him up next year and have a great coach.

That would be nice too, bring back one of ours that got shipped out in '94.

Archived