The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you did not say they would be lucky to steal 1 now?

I did say that. And that's the way it seemed after game 1. The Islanders that have played Game 2 and 3 did not play in game one. Maybe it was nerves. I don't know, but they are better than I though originally. It happens.

They're going to be a tough out and a really good team going forward. Their team speed and skill is right up there. Nabokov has been pretty bad.

Don't know how the scouting staffs  of every other team didn't notice Grabner's speed. COuld be the fastest skater in the NHL.

Great to see Staal back, and a nice goal by Boyle, but the PP has been horrible, and for a team on the brink of elimination, they are getting beat all over the ice, and look totally uninspired.

They need to start playing with some urgency, because they really have not played like they even belonged in the post so far in this series.

I'm so sick of this brand of hockey, and if they are not moving forward, then Torts has to go!

Great to see Staal back, and a nice goal by Boyle, but the PP has been horrible, and for a team on the brink of elimination, they are getting beat all over the ice, and look totally uninspired.

They need to start playing with some urgency, because they really have not played like they even belonged in the post so far in this series.

I'm so sick of this brand of hockey, and if they are not moving forward, then Torts has to go!

Can't add anything to this.If this is Tortarella's  plan you cannot waste another year of the King's prime with this bullsheet offense. He has to be gone.

They played slightly better in the 2nd, but not for a full period, they scored on the PP, but let up and so they have nothing to show for it.

It's going to be on Hank in the 3rd, he's going to have to stand on his head, and hope we get a lucky bounce in.

The Rangers needed that win in the absolute worst way.

I still have alot of concerns though with the Caps beating them to just about every puck and the lack of scoring from guys like Nash, Richards, Callahan. Throw Haglin in there to even though he did score on a deflection in game 1.

I guess Stepan getting a goal was a good start but the Rangers cannot be depending on Aaron Asham, Brassard and Brian Boyle to be leading the way.

The Caps are going to come out on fire tommorow night. Henrik needs to really be on top of his game if the Rangers are going ot have a chance to send this back to Washington 2-2.

Nash has really looked worse than Gaborik out there thus far.

Richards was coming on at the end of the season, but it's painfully obvious that he is our 12 million dollar 3rd line center, behind Stepan and Brassard.

The effort has been there from Callahan and Hags, hopefully the goals will come.

It's going to all fall on Henrik though, it always is.

I'm pretty sure you need a goaltender to be the best team in hockey, way to go Islanders.

He has more rings than your goalie.

And his defense is leaving him hung out to dry on turnovers.

And yes, the Islanders are taking their game to the Pens, but the Pens are all out of sorts in the defensive end. It's weird because they were so good in the regular season.

You should be more concerned with your team. You don't see me posting here about your team and their offensive woes.

He has more rings than your goalie.

And his defense is leaving him hung out to dry on turnovers.

And yes, the Islanders are taking their game to the Pens, but the Pens are all out of sorts in the defensive end. It's weird because they were so good in the regular season.

You should be more concerned with your team. You don't see me posting here about your team and their offensive woes.

You also don't see me posting that my team is the best, and that the Caps would be lucky to steal 1.

Just worry about staying true to form, and don't forget to deny everything again next year. :^o

You also don't see me posting that my team is the best, and that the Caps would be lucky to steal 1.

Just worry about staying true to form, and don't forget to deny everything again next year. :^o

The Penguins were the best team in hockey for long stretches this season and finished well above everyone else in the Eastern Conference. I fail what is wrong with that statement as it is a fact. I'm not sure what your problem is with facts.

Of course you wouldn't post that. The Rangers are a 6 seed. After the 5-0 win in game 1 I thought the Islanders would be lucky to steal one. They have proven me wrong, which I said before. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

And I would like for you to still find a post where I said the Penguins were the best team last season.

Malkin is such a pussy.  You can only facewash a guy for so long without him looking to retaliate and when noted superheavyweight fighter Hamonic drops his gloves, Malkin needs to be rescued by two teammates.  He then goes to show what a gutless puke he is by "punching" Hamonic from behind while he's being held.

I won't deny that they have a boatload of talent, but man, this Pens team is immensely unlikeable.

Bylsma almost has to go with Vokoun in game 5.

This series is starting to look alot like Philly last year. Scoring lots of goals, Fleury is struggling, and the Isles (Like the Flyers last year) are starting to get under Pittsburgh skin.

I still expect Pittsburgh to win the series, but I would not be surprised in the least if this goes 7 now.

Vokoun is 3-8 lifetime in the playoffs and hasn't played since April 22nd. Switching goalies won't stop turnovers nor will it make the defense in front of the goalie any faster to keep up with the isles skaters. The Pens haven't been playing well in this series since Game 1, when Fleury had a shutout. The Pens just need to get their collective heads out of their behinds and play some defense and take the game to the islanders.

The Penguins were the best team in hockey for long stretches this season and finished well above everyone else in the Eastern Conference. I fail what is wrong with that statement as it is a fact. I'm not sure what your problem is with facts.

Of course you wouldn't post that. The Rangers are a 6 seed. After the 5-0 win in game 1 I thought the Islanders would be lucky to steal one. They have proven me wrong, which I said before. Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

And I would like for you to still find a post where I said the Penguins were the best team last season.

I have no need to find it, as you are the only who does not remember. FACT.

Last year the Rangers were 1 in the east, I was not saying they were the best then either.

Do you remember your genius analysis going into the playoffs last year?

Was it another lucky to steal 1 doozy?

So tell me when Okposo scores from behind the net, is that the defenses fault? :confused0058:

Malkin is such a pussy.  You can only facewash a guy for so long without him looking to retaliate and when noted superheavyweight fighter Hamonic drops his gloves, Malkin needs to be rescued by two teammates.  He then goes to show what a gutless puke he is by "punching" Hamonic from behind while he's being held.

I won't deny that they have a boatload of talent, but man, this Pens team is immensely unlikeable.

POTW!

For great players their demeanor on the ice is despicable.

It's hilarious how the entire hockey world acknowledges this, except Circus Carl and the penqueen fans.

Bylsma almost has to go with Vokoun in game 5.

This series is starting to look alot like Philly last year. Scoring lots of goals, Fleury is struggling, and the Isles (Like the Flyers last year) are starting to get under Pittsburgh skin.

I still expect Pittsburgh to win the series, but I would not be surprised in the least if this goes 7 now.

I'd play Vokoun.

Marc Andre The Flower has been garbage in their last 3 playoff outings.

I have no need to find it, as you are the only who does not remember. FACT.

Last year the Rangers were 1 in the east, I was not saying they were the best then either.

Do you remember your genius analysis going into the playoffs last year?

Was it another lucky to steal 1 doozy?

So tell me when Okposo scores from behind the net, is that the defenses fault? :confused0058:

I remember my analysis well. I went back and looked. I said whomever survived Philly and Pittsburgh should be considered the favorites and that it was a tough draw for the pens. Apparently you should brush up on the history because I never once said in the playoffs thread the Pens were the best team. Go ahead and look.

And yes, the score from behind the net was a bad goal on Fleury, but the need to clear the zone and not turn the puck over.

Why are you so concerned with the a penguins anyway when your team is trailing in their series?

POTW!

For great players their demeanor on the ice is despicable.

It's hilarious how the entire hockey world acknowledges this, except Circus Carl and the penqueen fans.

All players get frustrated and do stupid stuff on ice. Malkin is no different. I have never denied this at all. You're living in a made up world.

I remember my analysis well. I went back and looked. I said whomever survived Philly and Pittsburgh should be considered the favorites and that it was a tough draw for the pens. Apparently you should brush up on the history because I never once said in the playoffs thread the Pens were the best team. Go ahead and look.

And yes, the score from behind the net was a bad goal on Fleury, but the need to clear the zone and not turn the puck over.

Why are you so concerned with the a penguins anyway when your team is trailing in their series?

Ah yes, so once again I imagined you saying the playoffs were a different animal, and that the pens were clearly the best team in the east, blah blah blah.

Too bad the Devils are out, I'm sure GATA remembers.

Okposo scored 2 from behind the net, and Fluery's positioning and technique have been awful. 

I am concerned with every team still in it, as long as mine is still alive, as I should be.

All players get frustrated and do stupid stuff on ice. Malkin is no different. I have never denied this at all. You're living in a made up world.

I'm talking about so much more than just that.

I know in my world the penguins are not green, and the most respected hockey people in it, all know what I am talking about.

Ah yes, so once again I imagined you saying the playoffs were a different animal, and that the pens were clearly the best team in the east, blah blah blah.

Too bad the Devils are out, I'm sure GATA remembers.

Okposo scored 2 from behind the net, and Fluery's positioning and technique have been awful. 

I am concerned with every team still in it, as long as mine is still alive, as I should be.

Again, when did I ever say that I didn't say that.  The NHL playoffs are a very different animal than the regular season.  That's pretty much fact.

Are you laughing because you've been proven wrong, again?

You bold something ask when did you ever say it, then you quote yourself saying it, and I have been proven wrong. :rl:

Again :rl: :rl:

So who was wrong about Fluery, now that your green penguins have yanked him? :rl: :rl: :rl:

Don't worry the Isle's will be lucky to steal 1. :rl: :rl: :rl: :rl:

I never said that I didn't say the playoffs were a different animal. Not once.  Show me where I did.  I said that I never said the Penguins were the best team in the NHL, which I have proven to be true.

I'm done with you. You claimed I said something, I necro'ed the threads to prove you wrong, and now you're talking about God knows what. Focus on your own team and I'll focus on mine, thanks,

Archived