The Official 2013 (SUPER SHORT SEASON) Hockey Thread

GATA

Bruins will be out in 5.  Their defense sucks.

Against the Rangers offense they might actually look good.

This is going to be an interesting series that is going to be very very physical. If the Rangers can get Nash and Callahan going, along with Lundqvist who is on a major roll right now they should win.

But these are the Rangers we are talking about so anything is possible.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be an interesting series that is going to be very very physical. If the Rangers can get Nash and Callahan going, along with Lundqvist who is on a major roll right now they should win.

We KNOW they won't do it easy. Expect Milan Lucic to play the Chris Neil/Jason Chimera/Matt Cooke role this series. Make his a fool and don't retaliate.

Don't take the bait. The Caps are bitching about penalties but the after the whistle crap wore the refs out. Do the same thing here.

No great surprise-stay out of the box and don't give Chara too many open point shots.

Rangers will have one HUGE advantage over any other team they play from here on out(and credit to Holtby here for how well he was early in the Caps series); they have the best goalie on the planet playing his best hockey ever spare his Olympic gold.

We KNOW they won't do it easy. Expect Milan Lucic to play the Chris Neil/Jason Chimera/Matt Cooke role this series. Make his a fool and don't retaliate.

Don't take the bait. The Caps are bitching about penalties but the after the whistle crap wore the refs out. Do the same thing here.

No great surprise-stay out of the box and don't give Chara too many open point shots.

Rangers will have one HUGE advantage over any other team they play from here on out(and credit to Holtby here for how well he was early in the Caps series); they have the best goalie on the planet playing his best hockey ever spare his Olympic gold.

These.

Bruins are done.  Unless the Rangers allow them to hang around in this series.  The defense is weak, and Chara has been garbage.  Getting old and slow.  And with 2 rookies on defense who cant seem to handle the pressure, it should be a solid ass kicking...   and one i will not enjoy since i hate the rangers.

Marchand is the bigger c*nt on the bruins.  he starts sh!t with everyone.  Lucic doesnt know what he is.. most of the series he was out of position, slow, and making poor decisions.  Of course that all changed in the 3rd period monday night, but it doesnt discount how awful he was all series.

Chara is getting old and slow and not really getting a lot of good shots...  rangers really need to look at the Leafs wins and see how they were able to shut the bruins down in games 5,6, and most of 7.  Smothering them.  They try to be too cute and fancy and dont get too many "dirty" goals.

As for goalies...  Rask is no slouch.  He's kept them in the playoffs.  He's a tough guy to beat.

Marchand is the bigger c*nt on the bruins.  he starts sh!t with everyone.  Lucic doesnt know what he is.. most of the series he was out of position, slow, and making poor decisions.  Of course that all changed in the 3rd period monday night, but it doesnt discount how awful he was all series.

Chara is getting old and slow and not really getting a lot of good shots...  rangers really need to look at the Leafs wins and see how they were able to shut the bruins down in games 5,6, and most of 7.  Smothering them.  They try to be too cute and fancy and dont get too many "dirty" goals.

As for goalies...  Rask is no slouch.  He's kept them in the playoffs.  He's a tough guy to beat.

The Rangers should be able to block allot of shots and play a smothering game.

Hopefully they can goat the Bruins into taking allot of penalties without retaliating. 

I agree with you on Rask, he has been their future, they were just riding Thomas while he was hot.

Lucic can be a very dangerous player IMO, I hope he has another stinker.

Rangers never do anything easy!

I hope they can make this a short series though.

Game 6 was giving me chest pains, I am so glad they blew them out in game 7.

I can't take another 7 game series of 1 goal games.

I was thinking, if I was 40 in '94, I would not have made it.

The Rangers are going to be the death of me.

New York Rangers 2013 Semi Finals Schedule Wallpaper                

NYR_0513_SF_001_600x375.jpg

Widescreen 16:9

• 2560x1440 here
• 2048x1152 here
• 1920x1080 here
• 1600x900 here
• 1280x720 here

Widescreen 16:10

• 2560x1600 here
• 1920x1200 here
• 1680x1050 here
• 1440x900 here
• 1280x800 here

Full screen 5:4

• 1280x1024 here

Full screen 4:3

• 1400x1050 here
• 1280x960 here
• 1152x864 here
• 1024x768 here

--

Enjoy, folks.

You can see more of my work here: http://www.philkocher.com/wallpapers

Thanks Rome!

Sidney Crosby.

That is all.

Ottawa is playing without their one great offensive player, they never had the fire power to keep up. I bet the under in almost all their games post Spezza. Unless the Rangers start putting points on the board nobody in the east is keeping up. I also don't see Chicago losing in the west even though I'm pulling for Detroit and Chicago can score.

Ottawa is playing without their one great offensive player, they never had the fire power to keep up. I bet the under in almost all their games post Spezza. Unless the Rangers start putting points on the board nobody in the east does is keeping up. I also don't see Chicago losing in the west even though I'm pulling for Detroit and Chicago can score.

All true. But the Kings and Quick are going to be a very tough out.

Wow. I expected a better series out of the Rangers. Poor Henrik deserves better.

A total lack of offense. And no real plan.

Michael DelZotto is TORTURE to watch, and yet he and Richards are the PP points. Really no explaiining that. There's never a sense of urgency.

This franchise has to ask WTF they're doing because The King is going to do a Patrick Roy if this ghastly offense  is the crap he is expected to deal with his whole career hereIt has to be unacceptable. This looks a lot like the last days of Roger Nielsen, anoither defense first guy who thought you got something by treating scoring offense as beneath him.

I never thought I would see a Tortorella coached team get totally outworked like they did in Game 2 and 3. The Bruins have completely dominated the play along the boards and not only rendered the Rangers powerplay useless (no Surprise there) but their offense as a whole. They can't seem to get out of their way. No one is going to the net.

BTW...Maguire is right, The Rangers have no answer to the Bruins 4th line.

Now the Rangers have to do like Boomer Esiasion likes to say

One shift

One period

One game.

I never thought I would see a Tortorella coached team get totally outworked like they did in Game 2 and 3. The Bruins have completely dominated the play along the boards and not only rendered the Rangers powerplay useless (no Surprise there) but their offense as a whole. They can't seem to get out of their way. No one is going to the net.

BTW...Maguire is right, The Rangers have no answer to the Bruins 4th line.

Now the Rangers have to do like Boomer Esiasion likes to say

One shift

One period

One game.

Boomer is a tool and the Rangers are done

The Bruins were clearly the better team.You might complain about injuries and refs, but in this case that would be nonsense. The Rangers offense is anemic.The plan, if there is one, seems to be get a 1 goal lead, and then fall back and watch the King try to shutout the opposition. That defense first CRAP does not work. The best defense is driving to the other net and keeping the puck in deep. The puck blocking is now counterproductive because better teams know all about it. If they don't block the shot, especially when the shooter moves or hesitates a split second, all you do is screen Lundqvist. He can stop almost everything he sees, but when he doesn't see the puck bad stuff happens.

Concern is the Rangers have without any doubt the best goalie in the world. But who knows what the future holds? Hasek and Roy changed teams. Health is always a concern. And a guy being asked to carry his team, who cannot score more than a goal now and then, has to be very frustrated.

Now it will feel like forever before the Conference Finals start. Should be an entertaining ECF. Pens were 3-0 against the Bruins this season but they were all 1 goal games. Should be fun.

Pens in 5. There is a collison of agendas in the NHL offices though between Lil'Gary's favorite team and Colin Campbell's son's team. So the refs will have to call it straight. If the Pens get even average goaltending they should win easily. Expect Lucic to do something stupid.

****, I wanted Detroit to win. Awful playoffs thus far for me. The two teams I despise most in the east and the only team I have a rooting interest for in the west is out. Gotta pull for Chicago now, I don't think Quick can beat the Penguins by himself and his team can't really score

Archived