Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

JoeC36

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, let's relax here. This HAS to be a non-story and that Woody is going to do the right thing and get a qualified candidate, outside of the organization.

You don't spend a couple hundred thousand dollars for a search company, and then hire internally. No one is that stupid.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, did you miss todays press conference? Woody is that stupid

Guys, let's relax here. This HAS to be a non-story and that Woody is going to do the right thing and get a qualified candidate, outside of the organization.

You don't spend a couple hundred thousand dollars for a search company, and then hire internally. No one is that stupid.

oh man, I can't WAIT until you have to eat those words Scotty...one would THINK that no one is that stupid...Woody Johnson takes it to a whole nuther level my friend...

:rl:

Stop using the logical side of your brain!

Never going to happen with a clueless fool as an owner. The rot is from the top.

Caldwell back for second interview

January, 8, 2013

Jan 8

2:26

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets could be getting closer to naming a new general manager.

Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, whom they interviewed last Friday, was brought back for a second interview, according to sources.

Caldwell is in demand. He already has interviewed three times with the Jaguars for their GM vacancy.

The Jets have interviewed at least four candidates for the job, including 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen.

Gamble was considered the early favorite, but Caldwell started to gain momentum over the weekend as team officials evaluated the situation. It's not known if Gamble was invited back for a second interview.

Owner Woody Johnson, speaking Tuesday at a news conference, declined to comment on the search. He did, however, confirm that the new GM won't have the power to fire Rex Ryan this offseason. Johnson wouldn't say if the GM would have that power in 2014. The GM will have final say on personnel, the owner said.

Johnson's desire to retain Ryan probably reduced the pool of interested candidates, although he insisted that isn't the case.

"They know he's a good coach," Johnson said, revealing that Ryan will be involved in the search.

maybe you guys should see if this actually happens. Ya know. before you cry about it.

This is the only way to drive post counts. Max asked us to post more so he makes more ad money.

And also it makes it look like we care... As Woody said, if we didnt care we wouldnt be posting or calling into shows or threatening to cancel our PSL's

If the Jets actually do this, we'll have to come up with a whole new phrase to describe this team. Still using the phrase "same old Jets" would be far too great of an insult to dare compare these guys to any of those past teams, regardless of if they had as few as one win. Nothing can possibly compare to a team who would not once, but twice in a row, hire their GM in-house, both times after coming off of laughably horrendous seasons which he had a hand in, that included a roster of crappy starting talent with absolutely zero depth.

Nightmare. This franchise needs a strong voice from the outside, period. There hasn't been any fresh air in the front office since Parcells left.

I 100% agree, as do all others(?) in here. But what I can not grasp is why Woody is prepared to screw us all over once again? He will loose a big part of the fanbase and that will cost him big bucks. I am prepared to let Rex stay one more year and evaluate after that. But why oh why give him this divine power? He should be afraid of loosing his job after next season and how could anybody describe that wt as sophisticated is beyond me.

I can´t understand why a man would love to throw all credability and future out the window. The Jets are already the laughing stock of the league, now is the time to change all of that. Not build on it. This is absolute bullsh*t.

But what I can not grasp is why Woody is prepared to screw us all over once again? He will loose a big part of the fanbase and that will cost him big bucks.

the Jets could have 0 fans and sell no tickets and still make money from the TV contract which is a 1/32 slice of a 10 billion dollar per year pie (313 mil). People say that winning will make Woody money, that's not really true. 31 teams fall short every year and they all make money. and btw no one buys an NFL team to make money. there's alot easier and better ways to invest than owning an NFL franchise.

Caldwell back for second interview

January, 8, 2013

Jan 8

2:26

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- The Jets could be getting closer to naming a new general manager.

Falcons director of player personnel David Caldwell, whom they interviewed last Friday, was brought back for a second interview, according to sources.

Caldwell is in demand. He already has interviewed three times with the Jaguars for their GM vacancy.

The Jets have interviewed at least four candidates for the job, including 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble, Giants director of college scouting Marc Ross and Jets assistant GM Scott Cohen.

Gamble was considered the early favorite, but Caldwell started to gain momentum over the weekend as team officials evaluated the situation. It's not known if Gamble was invited back for a second interview.

Owner Woody Johnson, speaking Tuesday at a news conference, declined to comment on the search. He did, however, confirm that the new GM won't have the power to fire Rex Ryan this offseason. Johnson wouldn't say if the GM would have that power in 2014. The GM will have final say on personnel, the owner said.

Johnson's desire to retain Ryan probably reduced the pool of interested candidates, although he insisted that isn't the case.

"They know he's a good coach," Johnson said, revealing that Ryan will be involved in the search.

yahoo sports just announced caldwell to falcons

c68b979067f6993dc287f3cb7920ce56_normal.jpegMichael Silver@MikeSilver

Dave Caldwell will be the Jags' next GM

cross him off the list.

if true, really odd. He flew to NJ this morning for 2nd interview. Usually that means 1st interview great and 2nd talk is for contract terms. What the hell happened? Jags threw boatload of cash at him? Gamble really was #1 all along? Ross flying under radar?

the Jets could have 0 fans and sell no tickets and still make money from the TV contract which is a 1/32 slice of a 10 billion dollar per year pie (313 mil). People say that winning will make Woody money, that's not really true. 31 teams fall short every year and they all make money. and btw no one buys an NFL team to make money. there's alot easier and better ways to invest than owning an NFL franchise.

Ok fair point, but lets talk about why you should buy a team then. Hopefully you have been a lifetime fan or close to it. You want your team to win SB as you are most likely a very competetive guy. You want to be taken serious as you are a successful business man.

What is wrong with this Woody? Where does he come from, I mean what made him buy the team in the first place? There must be another reason.

if true, really odd. He flew to NJ this morning for 2nd interview. Usually that means 1st interview great and 2nd talk is for contract terms. What the hell happened? Jags threw boatload of cash at him? Gamble really was #1 all along? Ross flying under radar?

I'm hoping Gamble was the target all along and there's a lot of misinformation intentionally coming out of Floram Park. About time they learn to manipulate the media.

But I guess you can't rule out the possibility Caldwell heard that PC and passed. I can't see how that would happen given he had to have been told the situation in the 1st interview.

I've been thinking about this. After the press conference I thought Cohen was going to be the guy. Now I'm having second thoughts. Gamble, Caldwell, Ross, and Cohen all have interviewed but we've yet to name a replacement GM. What I really think is NONE of them wants to be the GM here. In typical Jets fashion, we've been turned down by every single GM candidate that we've interviewed. Even our in house guy is going to turn us down because he knows first hand what kind of circus this organization is. I bet he goes to Cleveland. I just have a gut feeling that we're going to be left scrambling to find a replacement for Tannenbaum. Who in their right mind would want to be the GM of this team after watching that press conference?

nope, but bad sign, very bad sign

I'm not even kidding that this whole press conference ruined my whole day. I was getting so excited and now I couldn't feel worse. I guess anything's possible, and I hope we can look back and quote me for being such a nervous btch after one of the better candidates comes in at the last second. Cause i feel about as bad as I've ever felt as a fan right now

Want to understand-how exactly would Jimmy Haslem introduce Scott Cohn as the man to replace Mike Holmgren as GM? How would you sell that to your fan base, and how could you look in the mirror afterward?

The Jets are playing us. The headhunter, the vaunted search, toiday's press conference, all smoke and mirrors to cover up that until further notice the overgrown child named Rex Ryan is running the whole damn show.

and you thought that Rex was just a DC. He is actually a jedi that has mindfvcked the whole jets organization into doing his bidding. yes jets fans, let your anger flow through you...

I've been thinking about this. After the press conference I thought Cohen was going to be the guy. Now I'm having second thoughts. Gamble, Caldwell, Ross, and Cohen all have interviewed but we've yet to name a replacement GM. What I really think is NONE of them wants to be the GM here. In typical Jets fashion, we've been turned down by every single GM candidate that we've interviewed. Even our in house guy is going to turn us down because he knows first hand what kind of circus this organization is. I bet he goes to Cleveland. I just have a gut feeling that we're going to be left scrambling to find a replacement for Tannenbaum. Who in their right mind would want to be the GM of this team after watching that press conference?

Jets want a guy who will work as a team member. None of these guys seem to want to do this. I expect the Jets headhunters will find an unknown candidate to fill the spot

I'm not even kidding that this whole press conference ruined my whole day. I was getting so excited and now I couldn't feel worse. I guess anything's possible, and I hope we can look back and quote me for being such a nervous btch after one of the better candidates comes in at the last second. Cause i feel about as bad as I've ever felt as a fan right now

perhaps you should re-examine your expectations.

Archived