Assistant Gm Scotty Cohen gaining support

JoeC36

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They really had my hopes up when I got really wrapped up into the whole Korn/Ferry "new attitude in the office" thing. Then Rex spoke and Woody said "I concur" and that was probably when the depression set in.

new attitudes don't win rings. Franchise QBs do. Until the Jets get one and Brady retires, expect more of the same.

I still think Dolphins Brian Gaine a darkhorse..data from paper after last promo

Dolphins promote Brian Gaine to assistant general manager

by Aaron Wilson of Scout.com, June 29, 2012 at 11:18 am ET

Stephen Ross Profile

The Miami Dolphins promoted Brian Gaine to assistant general manager.

Gaine is now responsible for administrative and scouting duties on the pro and college side as well as continuing to oversee the player personnel department, working under general manager Jeff Ireland.

“This is a very deserving promotion for Brian,” Ireland said. “He earned this position by not only his continued and unquestioned trust, loyalty and commitment to the Miami Dolphins organization, but by his continued efforts each and every day to strive for perfection. His attention to detail and professionalism has ultimately paid dividends to his growth and development and he will continue to be a very valuable member of the organization.”

Gaine is entering his 15th season in the NFL, his fifth with the Dolphins.

He was previously the director of player personnel after joining the team initially as assistant director of player personnel.

Prior to his arrival in Miami, Gaine spent three seasons working with Ireland as the Dallas Cowboys’ assistant director of pro scouting.

Gaine went to Dallas after spending six years (1999-2004) in the New York Jets’ scouting department, including serving as the assistant director of pro scouting in 2004.

Prior to joining the Jets in a front office capacity, he served as a member of the Jets' practice squad as a tight end and was also on the New York Giants' practice squad later. He then signed and spent the 1998 offseason with the Kansas City, but was waived prior to the start of training camp.

Gaine attended the University of Maine from 1991-95 where he played tight end. He served as the Black Bears’ captain his senior season and earned his degree in public administration.

Albert Breer@AlbertBreer

Caldwell picked the Jaguars as his landing spot after after a second interview for the Jets GM job. Contract still needs to be finalized.

Yeah .... let Cohen do it ... after all he studied hard on Tanny's brilliance over the last few years ... and at the end of the day we'll have Rex making all the decisions .... you know - the man who's favorite statement is "Mark's my guy" ... laughingstock's doesn't come close to describing it ....

this stinks of the same stench that the "we have decided that peyton manning is not a good fit for the jets" stunk of. thankfully though we won't be giving tanny some ridiculous extenbsion after every other potential gm tells woody to shove the job up his ass

this stinks of the same stench that the "we have decided that peyton manning is not a good fit for the jets" stunk of. thankfully though we won't be giving tanny some ridiculous extenbsion after every other potential gm tells woody to shove the job up his ass

I am going to puke.

Guys, let's relax here. This HAS to be a non-story and that Woody is going to do the right thing and get a qualified candidate, outside of the organization.

You don't spend a couple hundred thousand dollars for a search company, and then hire internally. No one is that stupid.

Watch you mouth scott...u know the posters here know everything .....

I'll preface this by saying I don't want Cohen to get the job..

That said I did read an article that said the guys in the scouting dept felt like their voices weren't heard by Tanny. For example last year Russell Wilson was a name that kept getting tossed around and Tanny overruled them.

Does anyone really think Cohen would maintain the status quo when he just saw his boss get fired for it?

And every single one of us criticized the job that Bill Parcells did in picking talent-holy crap...Rex Ryan left camp actually SAYING that this Jets team was the most talented Jets team he has had since he got here...wow, we are SOOOOO effed

I'll preface this by saying I don't want Cohen to get the job..

That said I did read an article that said the guys in the scouting dept felt like their voices weren't heard by Tanny. For example last year Russell Wilson was a name that kept getting tossed around and Tanny overruled them.

Does anyone really think Cohen would maintain the status quo when he just saw his boss get fired for it?

Lie. Rex overruled the scouts. Der.

Archived