I think Rex is going to get fired soon

Lizard King

lol @ forming an opinion based on crap you completely made up.

And watch your tongue, **** ass.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

About to head to Houston. Can say this on Atlanta's Dave Caldwell -- Both Jags and Jets are confident that they can land him.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Caldwell has already informed the Jets he's pulled his name out of their search as he is negotiating w Jaguars after they tabbed him

Deductive reasoning suggests it was Caldwell who told the Jets no thanks and was using them as leverage for the Jags gig

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

About to head to Houston. Can say this on Atlanta's Dave Caldwell -- Both Jags and Jets are confident that they can land him.

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Caldwell has already informed the Jets he's pulled his name out of their search as he is negotiating w Jaguars after they tabbed him

Deductive reasoning suggests it was Caldwell who told the Jets no thanks and was using them as leverage for the Jags gig

So you mean to tell me the Jets were interviewing him and the Jaguars offered him the job? Riveting stuff. There is still absolutely zero indication whatsoever that the Jets did, or had any intention to, offer him the job.

It's ok, I know you must be heartbroken that your favorite team the Giants missed the playoffs and so you can't carry on about how they are the greatest thing to ever happen to football.

So you mean to tell me the Jets were interviewing him and the Jaguars offered him the job? Riveting stuff. There is still absolutely zero indication whatsoever that the Jets did, or had any intention to, offer him the job.

It's ok, I know you must be heartbroken that your favorite team the Giants missed the playoffs and so you can't carry on about how they are the greatest thing to ever happen to football.

The Jets being confident they can land him isnt any indication they were prepared to offer him the job?

I dont get what you're getting so angry about or why the Giants have anything to do with this. It's just putting two and two together.

Woody has a lot of money ... and he loves the publicity I'm sure if he really wanted to make headlines he would have declared Rex's job is in jeopardy right then and there. So I disagree.

the caldwell thing highlights a reality that Jets fans don't see. Most of the league hates new york. these are good old boys,most of which made their bones in SEC and ACC country. New York might as well be Sodom to 85% of the league. We look at it like it's such a great job cause NY is awesome. They look at it like a god less hell hole. good for leverage. Not a good place to raise your kids etc.

the caldwell thing highlights a reality that Jets fans don't see. Most of the league hates new york. these are good old boys,most of which made their bones in SEC and ACC country. New York might as well be Sodom to 85% of the league. We look at it like it's such a great job cause NY is awesome. They look at it like a god less hell hole. good for leverage. Not a good place to raise your kids etc.

Was never indicating the Jets job was a better job(and by all indications, it isnt) but I think its pretty fair to say they would have hired Caldwell if he had wanted to be here.

Looks like we need to add Breer and Glazer to JN's Official List of Media People Who Can't Be Trusted.

No, although it seems we're getting close to needing to add dbatesman onto JN's Official List of Conspiracy Theorists. You do realize that there is absolutely nothing that was reported by either of those guys that supports the conclusions being made, right? Let's recap how this all went down:

Jets interviewed Caldwell

+

Jaguars hired Caldwell

=

The Jets desperately wanted to hire Caldwell and had interest in nobody else, but he refused the job that they never offered him, and did so solely because of Rex Ryan, proving beyond doubt that no GM in the league will possibly want to take the Jets job.

Yeah, that's some real rock-solid stuff there. The best part is that I'm not even slightly defending the Jets here, they're a bunch of horses asses, but I find it laughable how desperate some are to fabricate a reason for every single item reported to be proof that not just they, but everyone in the NFL, finds the current Jets to be the worst team in league history. I'll gladly criticize this team plenty, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore and/or support other people making sh*t up in order for them to do it.

No, although it seems we're getting close to needing to add dbatesman onto JN's Official List of Conspiracy Theorists. You do realize that there is absolutely nothing that was reported by either of those guys that supports the conclusions being made, right? Let's recap how this all went down:

+

Jaguars hired Caldwell

=

The Jets desperately wanted to hire Caldwell and had interest in nobody else, but he refused the job that they never offered him, and did so solely because of Rex Ryan, proving beyond doubt that no GM in the league will possibly want to take the Jets job.

Yeah, that's some real rock-solid stuff there. The best part is that I'm not even slightly defending the Jets here, they're a bunch of horses asses, but I find it laughable how desperate some are to fabricate a reason for every single item reported to be proof that not just they, but everyone in the NFL, finds the current Jets to be the worst team in league history. I'll gladly criticize this team plenty, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore and/or support other people making sh*t up in order for them to do it.

You guys are so cute when you get mad.

Was never indicating the Jets job was a better job(and by all indications, it isnt) but I think its pretty fair to say they would have hired Caldwell if he had wanted to be here.

and why didn't he want to be here? cause it's NY. not because of the HC that he could fire in a year.

less expectations, better cap, better skill players on offense, have already cut the chord from their bust QB.

Worse defense (far worse), no fanbase, constant black out threat etc.

lower taxes, lower cost of living, can buy a mansion in jacksonville for the price of a closet in northern nj. More people around that look talk and think like Dave caldwell etc.

tebow came to NY like he was going on a missionary trip. White bread america don't want to live here.

Worse defense (far worse), no fanbase, constant black out threat etc.

lower taxes, lower cost of living, can buy a mansion in jacksonville for the price of a closet in northern nj. More people around that look talk and think like Dave caldwell etc.

tebow came to NY like he was going on a missionary trip. White bread america don't want to live here.

I hear you. I'd love to pick up and move.

David Caldwell lived in Atlanta for the last 5+ years now he lives in Jacksonville that's an easy transition. He was a midwest scout for the Colts. He went to college in Ohio. Moving to NYC is like moving to the moon for that guy (and alot of guys).

"This is where I wanted to be and I could not be happier." - David Caldwell

You guys are so cute when you get mad.

My mistake, I thought there might be some shred of you still interested in actually carrying on some sort of football-related discussion. I guess with so many of your fellow "ilk" not being around anymore, you've taken it upon yourself to make up for it by solely focusing on trying to stir sh*t up. I doubt you even buy into any of this nonsense, but if all you want to do is amuse yourself with the inciting shtick then have it. Feel free to keep on with however angry you think you've successfully made me or however much I'm apparently blaming the media, because we all know how much I've always been such a desperate defender of this crappy ass team.

David Caldwell lived in Atlanta for the last 5+ years now he lives in Jacksonville that's an easy transition. He was a midwest scout for the Colts. He went to college in Ohio. Moving to NYC is like moving to the moon for that guy (and alot of guys).

"This is where I wanted to be and I could not be happier." - David Caldwell

Agreed. Georgia to Jacksonville is barely a change and I have to think he always wanted that job. I don't think it had hardly anything to do with whatever we were showing him here. Doubt we ever were a contender.

Agreed. Georgia to Jacksonville is barely a change and I have to think he always wanted that job. I don't think it had hardly anything to do with whatever we were showing him here. Doubt we ever were a contender.

You also have to look at it's Jacksonville. Not only won't he have to deal with the Media, it's really a team who have no expectations.

The Jets might have never had a run like the 49ers or Giants or Pats and so on, but because of the market they're in and the teams that they look up to, there are expectations. Super Bowl Expectations. A new guy comes into this Jets mess and if they aren't close to winning a super bowl in 3-5 years, they'll probably be fired. In Jacksonville, if the team is 8-8 a few seasons in a row, he'll get a 5-10 year extension.

My mistake, I thought there might be some shred of you still interested in actually carrying on some sort of football-related discussion. I guess with so many of your fellow "ilk" not being around anymore, you've taken it upon yourself to make up for it by solely focusing on trying to stir sh*t up. I doubt you even buy into any of this nonsense, but if all you want to do is amuse yourself with the inciting shtick then have it. Feel free to keep on with however angry you think you've successfully made me or however much I'm apparently blaming the media, because we all know how much I've always been such a desperate defender of this crappy ass team.

Bleedin' , the league is rife with its own ilk, and guys like Rex are ruining it, because *they* aren't about football... Petine is now a Bill... Shanahan was more focused on saving his job playing RG3 and that kid is likely done without ever finishing a season. The JETS are condemned to 2013 with Rex and Sanchez.

Next year will be one of the worst ever for the JETS, because you know full well the Giants are going to pull out all stops to be in a home superbowl.

Meanwhile , RR is going to be trying to implant his persona into the players who aren't already poisoned...

Oh, lighten up, Frances. Here it is:

1. I believe the Jets' GM search is not going well.

2. I believe Woody is a starstruck dunce who's going to give Rex de facto personnel control by letting him have a say in the GM search. As a result, I believe the most likely hire is Scott Cohen.

3. I believe that it's entirely possible that Gamble interviewed poorly. I believe that it's equally possible that he balked at sharing personnel duties with Rex and the Jets leaked the bad interview story to soften the blow of a second-rate hire like Cohen.

4. I believe that Caldwell was a serious candidate for the Jets job. I believe that for reasons that we'll probably never know for sure (Concerns about Rex? Concerns about the salary cap? bit's bizarre city mouse/country mouse theory?), he preferred the Jags job to the Jets job.

5. I believe that regardless of what those reasons were, a serious candidate preferring the Jaguars job to the Jets job is, generally speaking, not a good thing.

6. I hope I am wrong about all of the above.

7. I think it's ironic to sling accusations of paranoia in my direction when literally every single story, column, interview, tweet, and breath uttered by any member of the media, ever, is met by our resident sh*thouse rats with a rousing game of Pin the Ad Hominem Attack.

Better?

bit's bizarre city mouse/country mouse theory?

why is it bizarre. It's been happening to the Yankees for years. they sign a Jeff Weaver type who is awesome in the midwest and can't perform in NY. Or how about Mike Nugent who was marginal as a Jet, moves back to his native Ohio and was the Bengals franchise tagged player last season. The list of rural people who couldn't function in NYC is long and distinguished. The only question about my theory isn't if it's real, but does it apply in this particular case.

2. I believe Woody is a starstruck dunce who's going to give Rex de facto personnel control by letting him have a say in the GM search. As a result, I believe the most likely hire is Scott Cohen.

I'm guardedly optimistic that this is not the case.

I do think that Woody is clueless about the world of the NFL, and as a result I'm actually encouraged that he hired a consulting firm to help him land the best candidate. All of the candidates mentioned have strong backgrounds in personnel, which is the antithesis of Mike Tannenbaum. There's some sign of lesson learned there. Many signs point to a number of problems with the Jets personnel stemming from the fact that Tannenbaum was weak in that field and leaned to heavily on Rex for input. And not that I put too much credence in anything said in any press conference, I was encouraged when Woody said that the new GM would have final say on all personnel issues. Hopefully they're saying the same thing in interviews.

I think they need an outside guy, without a doubt, and I'll be very discouraged if they hire Cohen. But I'm holding off on being pissed off until I see how it all plays out.

+

Jaguars hired Caldwell

=

This place is absurd right now. 99% of these posters have no clue who these GM's candidates are and why they are qualified for the job but are getting butt hurt because the Jets havent found one yet.

FYI - Kahn spent New Years Eve with Caldwell and apparently has been courting him for months. Just like any high level executive job, 90% of it is based on relationships and tie's to the organization. Also, Caldwell had already had his 3rd interview with the Jags before the Jets were interviewing him. I'm sure he was exploring options and trying to drive up his price, especially considering it was reported that him and the Jags had negotiation snag.

Oh, lighten up, Frances.

What's the fun in that?

Here it is:

1. I believe the Jets' GM search is not going well.

3. I believe that it's entirely possible that Gamble interviewed poorly. I believe that it's equally possible that he balked at sharing personnel duties with Rex and the Jets leaked the bad interview story to soften the blow of a second-rate hire like Cohen.

4. I believe that Caldwell was a serious candidate for the Jets job. I believe that for reasons that we'll probably never know for sure (Concerns about Rex? Concerns about the salary cap? bit's bizarre city mouse/country mouse theory?), he preferred the Jags job to the Jets job.

5. I believe that regardless of what those reasons were, a serious candidate preferring the Jaguars job to the Jets job is, generally speaking, not a good thing.

6. I hope I am wrong about all of the above.

7. I think it's ironic to sling accusations of paranoia in my direction when literally every single story, column, interview, tweet, and breath uttered by any member of the media, ever, is met by our resident sh*thouse rats with a rousing game of Pin the Ad Hominem Attack.

Better?

1. I really don't know wtf is going on, but it's taken much longer than I would have hoped and well... it's the freakin' Jets. So yeah.

2. I sure as hell hope not (on both counts).

3. Could be, but even outside of the Jets, I find bizarre the complete lack of interest, league-wide, there seems to be in some of the guys who were supposed to be the "big names", like Gamble and Ross. While the bad interview stuff might be nonsense, it would seem there's some reason more teams than just the Jets aren't hiring these guys.

4/5. I hear you on that and don't generally disagree. That said, I find it kind of ridiculous for some to want to disregard one item that is reported (Gamble interviewed poorly), while treating another as gold (Jets felt they could get Caldwell) and then transforming that, with little to no basis, into meaning whatever it is they think it should mean (it proves that both rejected the Jets because of Rex). Trust me, none of that means I'm anywhere close to liking the idea of a candidate the Jets were interviewing happily running off for a job with the friggin' Jags.

6. You and me both.

7. The point is there's a middle ground between the two. I think those blaming the media for everything look just as stupid as those using their hyper-paranoia to turn everything reported into some doom and gloom tragedy. Every conversation on this board has come down to everyone being associated with one of those two extremes who are completely making sh*t up just because you disagreed with the other one.

At least in the past you could count on a few people you'd be able to have a rational debate with. That's why I was giving you crap, because you know better than to think any of my points have a damn thing to do with any of these chumps who are blaming the media for the world, or for you to really believe in whatever conjured-up hysteria is thrown out there. Like I said before, there's more than enough real reasons to hate on this team without that crap, and at least then there's a conversation that can be had and is worth having.

why is it bizarre. It's been happening to the Yankees for years. they sign a Jeff Weaver type who is awesome in the midwest and can't perform in NY. Or how about Mike Nugent who was marginal as a Jet, moves back to his native Ohio and was the Bengals franchise tagged player last season. The list of rural people who couldn't function in NYC is long and distinguished. The only question about my theory isn't if it's real, but does it apply in this particular case.

Some truth to this. Not only is Caldwell probably not a city mouse, but there is barely fraction of the media there compared to here. Add in your family not being all that disrupted and no resident tax and more reasonable cost of living in Florida as opposed to getting hit off the head with the cash register on a daily basis.

But suspect a good owner, no silver back idiot head coach and total personnel power would be more attractive even with all the financial drawbacks.

Archived