GM Candidate Central - MERGED

Lizard King

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think Rex will get a pink slip before this is said and done

If they fire Rex after the Super Bowl, that kind of shows you how bad of an organization this really is. I mean certain GMs that they wanted or thought they wanted probably stayed away or had second thoughts because of Rex Ryan. He's not the most liked guy around the NFL because of his antics. So if the Jets decided to wait a month to fire Rex Ryan, that would be one of the dumbest things I've ever seen or heard. And then they'd hire who? Scott Cohen to be HC?

I hope that doesn't happen at this point.

Why don't the Jets just take a chance and hire Jim Popp? From what I've read he wants a job in the NFL as a GM. He's done a good job in Canada. He comes recommended. Could be a diamond in the rough.

I agree but I think the Jets are looking for a big name for GM

I agree but I think the Jets are looking for a big name for GM

Aren't they already beyond that stage? None of the names left are big stars. At least the ones potentially interested or available to the Jets.

Unless they Hire an AJ Smith or Coangelo or Pioli, which i havent seen mentioned at all, everybody else was an assistant that has more PR blurbs over actual GM experience.

At this point Popp is probably the biggest name with the most real GM experience.

Aren't they already beyond that stage? None of the names left are big stars. At least the ones potentially interested or available to the Jets.

Unless they Hire an AJ Smith or Coangelo or Pioli, which i havent seen mentioned at all, everybody else was an assistant that has more PR blurbs over actual GM experience.

At this point Popp is probably the biggest name with the most real GM experience.

Agree

The Jets can not find a GM by now , I knid of have the feeling it going to be the inhouse guy , the Jets waited to long to hire a GM or no one wants to work with REX

Who have they missed out on? Caldwell? Two of their original three top guys still haven't been hired anywhere.

Can't say that is a good gauge.

No?

They targeted four guys, one them an in house candidate, interviewed them, and then went on to expand their search.

Seems evidently clear that the three outside guys were their top three candidates to me. Certainly the three top guys who were available.

Unless you think they're waiting to interview their real top guys, in which case there's really nothing to be concerned about at all.

You mean Trestman as OC?

That would seriously neuter Rex. I think that would pretty much ensure the Clusterfvck Big Top for another year.

IMHO Popp should be allowed to pick the OC and he would TRY for Trestman. Trestman may opt to stay as HC of Momtreal

IMHO Popp should be allowed to pick the OC and he would TRY for Trestman. Trestman may opt to stay as HC of Momtreal

I agree. I want the new GM to have a major say in the hiring of the new OC. It's just that Trestman is a big name in his own right, and I could see a pretty chaffing relationship there from the get go. While Rex is potentially a lame duck, the hiring of Trestman by the new GM would make that almost a certainty

And while I don't tend to put a lot -or any, really- credence in what's said in press conferences, it should be noted that Woody said that Rex would be making the coaching hires. As far as the offense is concerned, I hope that wasn't true. Maybe it was said when they thought they could land Norv...

I agree. I want the new GM to have a major say in the hiring of the new OC. It's just that Trestman is a big name in his own right, and I could see a pretty chaffing relationship there from the get go. While Rex is potentially a lame duck, the hiring of Trestman by the new GM would make that almost a certainty

And while I don't tend to put a lot -or any, really- credence in what's said in press conferences, it should be noted that Woody said that Rex would be making the coaching hires. As far as the offense is concerned, I hope that wasn't true. Maybe it was said when they thought they could land Norv...

agree 100% and I have a feeling Rex may have truly changed a tad. If he is smart he will defer to new GMs OC thoughts and hand over a olive branch and a start to great relationship would be to allow Trestman to come :)

Eye on Football@EyeOnNFL

RT @BFeldmanCBS: NY Jets to interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC job MON/TUES, source tells CBS.

Retweeted by Jason La CanforaExpand Collapse

Does it mean Gamble also back in mix for Jets GM? He cant pick HC but Woody says pick your OC?

No?

They targeted four guys, one them an in house candidate, interviewed them, and then went on to expand their search.

Seems evidently clear that the three outside guys were their top three candidates to me. Certainly the three top guys who were available.

Unless you think they're waiting to interview their real top guys, in which case there's really nothing to be concerned about at all.

I never said there was anything to be worried about the GM search. Yet

But to say that they line up candidates in order is not necessarily a correct assumption. They never articulated a time line to this process, so they may be going in any order they choose, or based on candidates availability

You need to worry less about what I am thinking, and start articulating your own opinions more effectively

Just because you don't agree with my opinions doesn't mean I haven't explained them clearly. Others have echoed some of my thoughts but you've ignored the points you can't answer or fit into your narrow viewpoints.

Just because you don't agree with my opinions doesn't mean I haven't explained them clearly. Others have echoed some of my thoughts but you've ignored the points you can't answer or fit into your narrow viewpoints.

You were the one in this thread that cam in and tried to tell someone what I think. You were wrong.

Characterize that however you want, you were wrong

You were the one in this thread that cam in and tried to tell someone what I think. You were wrong.

Characterize that however you want, you were wrong

U mad bro? I was just using an amalgamation of things you'd said previously. Go ahead and tell us what you think, all ears.

Archived