Nationwide flu outbreak

Jetsfan80

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

MEDIA HYPE!

People get sick every winter. Disinclined to take the flu shot because the side effects can be as bad. Further had a bout of pneumonia last January; some rest, fluids and antibiotics and was fine.

What would be scary was if the flu virus mutated in strange new ways. Not happening, but it could. That would be grounds for hype.

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!

MEDIA HYPE!

People get sick every winter. Disinclined to take the flu shot because the side effects can be as bad. Further had a bout of pneumonia last January; some rest, fluids and antibiotics and was fine.

What would be scary was if the flu virus mutated in strange new ways. Not happening, but it could. That would be grounds for hype.

I don't really think this is a case of media hype. I've been hearing this from medical professionals for a couple weeks. More cases, and far more severe than anyone has seen in a long time.

By the way, where are you getting your information that the side effects of the vaccine can be as bad as the flu?

I don't really think this is a case of media hype. I've been hearing this from medical professionals for a couple weeks. More cases, and far more severe than anyone has seen in a long time.

By the way, where are you getting your information that the side effects of the vaccine can be as bad as the flu?

That's a debate for the ages....anyway nobody in my family gets the flu shot.

From his ass... The virus is dead in the shot, the only effects are your immune system response, which of course is the desired outcome

From his ass... The virus is dead in the shot, the only effects are your immune system response, which of course is the desired outcome

"being sick" are the visible signs of an immune system response. a slightly elevated fever after vaccine is not uncommon as your body goes into combat mode. that being said the benefits greatly outweigh the negatives such as they are. my family gets every available vaccination, even those that are not normally recommended by your primary care physician for "normal" people -- i.e. meningitis, hepatitis, etc.

Archived