Norv Turner to Browns as OC

lanightmare225

This offseason is working out perfect. All the pieces are falling into place, as the Jets envisioned.

The other clubs are cooperating marvelously.

lol. What GM, HC, or OC have we missed out on? Are you seriously mourning the fact that Norv Turner is off the table? Did you WATCH San Diego's offense this season? lol.

lol. What GM, HC, or OC have we missed out on? Are you seriously mourning the fact that Norv Turner is off the table? Did you WATCH San Diego's offense this season? lol.

No, The Jets have been smart, allowed candidates to be sifted through by the other clubs, while the Jets conduct a solid due diligence.

Brilliant.

Having a plan is always the smart way to go, and the Jets have been deft enough to conceal theirs. I give them a lot of credit.

No, The Jets have been smart, allowed candidates to be sifted through by the other clubs, while the Jets conduct a solid due diligence.

Brilliant.

Having a plan is always the smart way to go, and the Jets have been deft enough to conceal theirs. I give them a lot of credit.

This post is strangely optimistic for this board. Are you being sarcastic? Are you sure you're in the right place...?

This post is strangely optimistic for this board. Are you being sarcastic? Are you sure you're in the right place...?

The best plans are the ones that are not revealed until they are ready to deploy. You don't see them coming, and then they create the "a-ha" moment of sheer brilliancy that smacks you in the middle of your forehead.

I am sure that this Jets brain trust will dazzle us with their deft ability to piece a program together. The announcements will leave one with clarity.

The best plans are the ones that are not revealed until they are ready to deploy. You don't see them coming, and then they create the "a-ha" moment of sheer brilliancy that smacks you in the middle of your forehead.

I am sure that this Jets brain trust will dazzle us with their deft ability to piece a program together. The announcements will leave one with clarity.

He's an angry elf.

I give us some slack on appoitments of coaches/GM-after we make them then we can pick them apart if we want to!

This. Woody sucks, but I have no problem with the Jets taking their time on this decision. They can't botch this, even if it means they don't get the new GM in here for another week.

He's an angry elf.

How can I criticize a move that is not made yet. If the moves ultimately reveal an organization who:

-Has a hierarchy of leadership with responsibility buckets distributed correctly

-Creates a complimentary division of leadership

-Eliminates the silo'ed approach of management

-Puts a purpose and mission behind player evaluation and Jet fits

-Creates an emphasis on player development internally

How can I complain?

Personally, I realize that Rex does not fit into this type of structure, but confidence is that he will be a short term road bump, and can do minimal damage to the above criteria over a year.

Rex as GM.

Rex as OC.

858f9c38fb8893d2aba27222a1555f67.jpg

Failed as HC...not as a pretty inovative OC....I would have loved to have him here....but of course we have a brain trust in Rex and Woody

Somebody that I don't hate. Somebody that hasn't failed, not only as a head coach, but in his last 3 stints as an OC. Somebody that didn't make completely moronic decisions that cost me my suicide pool two years in a row. That's a pretty big field, somebody has to fit the criteria.

Turner was a good OC for the Cowboys in the early 90s. He sort of did a good job with Alex Smith for one season. But I'm not heartbroken over Turner not coming to the Jets. If Brian S goes to the Jags and Cameron winds up the OC down there, I won't be heartbroken either. He had some good years in SD and in Baltimore.

But the reality is, Rex is the HC, GM and co-owner or so it seems. He brought in Big bad Tony last season. Tony the clueless OC. Tony the clueless HC. So if the choice were between Norv Turner, Cam Cameron or Tony Sporano, how the hell would you prefer big bad Tony?

And with Rex, it seems he'll find the next Big Bad Tony. I'm surprised he won't make Mark Sanchez the OC.

Most of these OC's have succeeded with great QB's. Wouldn't it be be a better idea to get one....I meant QB!

The Jets drafted QBs :

Sanchez with the #5 pick in the draft,

Kellen Clemens in the 2nd round,

Chad Pennington with the #18th pick in the draft,

Browning Nagle in the 2nd round,

It's not about getting a franchise QB, its about building an organization that knows how to win and knows how to pick players.

And I didn't count all the late round QBs the Jets took.

The Jets drafted QBs :

Sanchez with the #5 pick in the draft,

Kellen Clemens in the 2nd round,

Chad Pennington with the #18th pick in the draft,

Browning Nagle in the 2nd round,

It's not about getting a franchise QB, its about building an organization that knows how to win and knows how to pick players.

And I didn't count all the late round QBs the Jets took.

Thanks for your educated input.

Somebody that I don't hate. Somebody that hasn't failed, not only as a head coach, but in his last 3 stints as an OC. Somebody that didn't make completely moronic decisions that cost me my suicide pool two years in a row. That's a pretty big field, somebody has to fit the criteria.

Need to keep looking then.

Just you wait until they REVEAL THEIR MASTERSTROKE

I don't think he's horrible, but he's far from a slam dunk. I also DO NOT LIKE HIM. I want to root for the team, so I'd rather they have guys that I like.

fair enough. It's just that, if you look at the last couple of OC's this team's had, it'd be hard to complain. Nevermind anyway. He's gone to a better organization...

Archived