In Rex I trust

JayKwaz

Because I have to. I am a Jets fan all the way. Dont have it in me to root for anyone else. I am hoping that he has learned a lot of tough lessons these past four seasons. He was with the Ravens, a very well run team. He has been around football good and bad his whole life. He doesnt seem to be too stubborn to not learn from his amd others mistakes. I like Rex and feel he can be a great coach. Giving him more control is fine with me. I want my head coach to have a lot of if not final say in personel decisions.

I could ramble on for a lot longer, but i will leave that for more debate as I have to get my kids to bed.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because I have to. I am a Jets fan all the way. Dont have it in me to root for anyone else. I am hoping that he has learned a lot of tough lessons these past four seasons. He was with the Ravens, a very well run team. He has been around football good and bad his whole life. He doesnt seem to be too stubborn to not learn from his amd others mistakes. I like Rex and feel he can be a great coach. Giving him more control is fine with me. I want my head coach to have a lot of if not final say in personel decisions.

I could ramble on for a lot longer, but i will leave that for more debate as I have to get my kids to bed.

They passed on Rex after he had been with the Ravens for nine years.

They went with Harbaugh who had never been higher than a DB Coach and had no relationship with the team.

He also lost jobs to Sparano (miami) and mIke Smith (Atlanta).

I bleed green, I have tried it, cut my arm and saw the green blood flow.

That said, I don't trust Rex at all, he is a moron.

He has no business being the HC of the Jets.

Look at it this way, Jif likes him, enough said.

Jif likes Rex = Rex sucks balls.

Not saying the decision is right or wrong, but it is tje decision woody made so I am going to root for who is here. May even cheer for Sanchez no matter how much that would kill me.

I am a Mets and Jets fan as well.

Optimist is not the term I would use to describe that, more like sadist.

Believe in God more. There might actually be a payoff with him in the end.

I'm agnostic. If Rex is here or not, I don't care. I DEMAND to be entertained, but really I just own a T-shirt and maybe go to a game or two. If Rex is the host of the show then hurray Rex. It is then up to GM Football Man to field the talent necessary for the show to stick around.

Football Man already has:

Revis

Wilkerson

Coples

Mangold

D'Brick

Cromartie

Holmes

Kerley

Probably Keller

Hill

Powell

Probably Greene or some RB of his ilk

Moore

Slauson

Howard

Harris

Wilson

to work with. Not a super awesome great list, but not a burn the fields along with the barn situation either. There's a serious lack of QBs there. The other guys have all shown moments of NFL talent at least.

I don't think any of the critics are going to root against the jets next year. They just are not going to buy in to a tool like Woody or a GM that has no power. They are confident that the Jets will continue to fail. But they are not going to change teams. We have had tools before. Many, many tools.

Why dont the Jets mint a trophy for that 2010 game and place it beside the Metlife trophy Rex won in 2011?

Once Brady finally retires and Belli goes to live with his mistress people will once again forget about the Pats. I hope you enjoyed the decade or so of relevance.

Why dont the Jets mint a trophy for that 2010 game and place it beside the Metlife trophy Rex won in 2011?

I am a Jet fan, and I find it unreal how much slack that one damn game has bought Rex with many Jet fans.

It was a great game, and sadly enough, it was probably the best win in my 30+ years as a Jet fan, but this one game gets taken so far out of context its ridiculous.

It was not a SB, it was not an AFCCG, it did not lead to a SB.

It was one great win, the Pats were clearly off their game that day, the Jets had a great game plan, the offense played well, it was a great game.

Now many Jet fans want to enshrine Rex for this one damn win.

look at it from the other way, Jet fans want to fire Rex for 2 bad years after 2 good years.

For me personally, 2 bad years is not the reason I want Rex fired.

I want him fired because his "Plan" sucked balls.

I want him fired because he has proven to me that he has no idea how to lead a franchise, nor lead a team.

I want him fired because I don't think he has what it takes to be a SB winning HC in the NFL.

I can deal with 2 bad seasons, hell, I could deal with more than that, and have.

I want to see a team heading in the right direction, the Jets have been moving in the wrong direction, and as much as the Rex apologists want to blame Tanny, Rex is clearly far, far more to blame than Tanny.

I want him fired because he has proven to me that he has no idea how to lead a franchise, nor lead a team.

I want him fired because I don't think he has what it takes to be a SB winning HC in the NFL.

This is speculation. You don't really know these things. Neither do I. In Head coaching terms, Rex is still young. I believe that he will win (another) ring eventually the question is will it be here with the jets or with some other team. But neither of us really have proof of what he will do in the future.

Good of Woody Johnson to finally post here and tell us what he thinks. True love will never die. Wrecks Ryan, know that JayKwaz, aka Woody, loves you madly, deeply and totally. And no woman's feet, no matter how enticing, will ever come between you.

Again, love never dies. It can, however, eff up an NFL franchise.

This is speculation. You don't really know these things. Neither do I. In Head coaching terms, Rex is still young. I believe that he will win (another) ring eventually the question is will it be here with the jets or with some other team. But neither of us really have proof of what he will do in the future.

Its opinion, of course it's speculation. I don't have a time machine, and neither do you.

I am pretty damn sure it won't be with the Jets.

Even Woody will have to eventually see the light with Rex.

Rex destined this team for mediocrity for years to come.

No QB this year, no skill players, average defense, maybe slightly above average defense.

It's going to take years to build an NFL calibur offense, and that is if Rex can even do it right, which I don't think he can.

He is going to really struggle to bring in anyone with any talent as an OC for many obvious reasons.

It's going to take years to build up any talent whatsoever on offense, even if they can get a good OC.

There are no QB's in the draft this year, no FA's, so earliest case is 2014 for a QB, which will take years to develop, if done properly

How long can Rex realistically get?

He set this in motion 4 years ago, this was his plan, this was his strategy, this was his execution.

as long as he wants. and the reason why is his defense is great and there's no clear upgrade. Jets fans want to throw away a great defense for the possibility of a great offense. But the HC market sucks and the last place Jets want to be is like the Eagles, interviewing Brian Billick because 10 candidates have said no already. chances are they fire Rex and the next guy is worse.

Its opinion, of course it's speculation. I don't have a time machine, and neither do you.

I am pretty damn sure it won't be with the Jets.

Even Woody will have to eventually see the light with Rex.

Rex destined this team for mediocrity for years to come.

No QB this year, no skill players, average defense, maybe slightly above average defense.

It's going to take years to build an NFL calibur offense, and that is if Rex can even do it right, which I don't think he can.

He is going to really struggle to bring in anyone with any talent as an OC for many obvious reasons.

It's going to take years to build up any talent whatsoever on offense, even if they can get a good OC.

There are no QB's in the draft this year, no FA's, so earliest case is 2014 for a QB, which will take years to develop, if done properly

He set this in motion 4 years ago, this was his plan, this was his strategy, this was his execution.

You don't really know that. If we had a real GM and areal scouting department, may be it would be otherwise. Recall we have seen dribs and drabs that Bradway, what ever other faults he has, was supposedly all over Russell Wilson, May be there is another guy like that. Problem is Wrecks Ryan will instead opt for another defensive lineman in his quest for the next Ngata no matter what the scouts say.

as long as he wants. and the reason why is his defense is great and there's no clear upgrade. Jets fans want to throw away a great defense for the possibility of a great offense. But the HC market sucks and the last place Jets want to be is like the Eagles, interviewing Brian Billick because 10 candidates have said no already. chances are they fire Rex and the next guy is worse.

So his defense is "great" but the rest of the team is a joke, he cant handle the duties as a HC properly, but we shouldnt dump him because there may not be someone better out there. This sounds like a battered woman who wont leave her abusive boyfriend.

Bit, help me here. You say this defense is "great". I disagree. Show me two examples this year where this "great defense" held down a "good" offense.

Bit, help me here. You say this defense is "great". I disagree. Show me two examples this year where this "great defense" held down a "good" offense.

How much of the Jets' point allowed per game was greatness, and how much was opponents knowing the Jets' offense couldn't score and Pick 6's mistakes would always bail you out?

Youre right. Lets keep someone who has shown he cant handle being a HC just because its too soon in your book. :rl:

The continuity canard. If the coach sucks keeping him around doens't miraculously make him any better. Bu this logic Charlie Winner, Rich Kotite and Herman Edwards simply needed another season or 2 to grasp a Lombardi.

You don't really know that. If we had a real GM and areal scouting department, may be it would be otherwise. Recall we have seen dribs and drabs that Bradway, what ever other faults he has, was supposedly all over Russell Wilson, May be there is another guy like that. Problem is Wrecks Ryan will instead opt for another defensive lineman in his quest for the next Ngata no matter what the scouts say.

I agree 100% with everything you are saying, we don't know that.

My point is this, the way the Jets have gone about the QB position, they are going to need a truly great cant miss QB.

That guy is not out there this year, and I don't think they have anywhere near enough talent for a young QB to thrive here, nor do I think they can possibly get an OC in here that will be a good offensive mind.

I actually think Rex is going to go offense in this draft, because he knows what the criticism is against him, and he will do it not because he thinks we need more offense, but because he does not want to get criticized.

Archived