In Rex I trust

JayKwaz

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as long as he wants. and the reason why is his defense is great and there's no clear upgrade. Jets fans want to throw away a great defense for the possibility of a great offense. But the HC market sucks and the last place Jets want to be is like the Eagles, interviewing Brian Billick because 10 candidates have said no already. chances are they fire Rex and the next guy is worse.

First off, it is not a great defense, it is a good defense.

Second off, even a great defense with no hopes of a good offense is not going to get it done.

I would rather move on with the hopes of getting in someone better, than stick with what I know cannot win a SB.

I will deal with bad seasons to make that happen.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, expecting a different result.

It is insane to think Rex is going to build this franchise into a SB contender.

Bit, help me here. You say this defense is "great". I disagree. Show me two examples this year where this "great defense" held down a "good" offense.

the defense played well and were hung out to dry by the 3 and outs and turnovers from the offense. For examples see every Jets game for the last 2 years.

the defense played well and were hung out to dry by the 3 and outs and turnovers from the offense. For examples see every Jets game for the last 2 years.

I am asking for specific games, where you thought the defense played "great' against a good offense.

I can't recall it.

Oh, and BTW, teh offense that you are seeing, Rex is very responsible for that too, in case you thought blame could be shifted

So his defense is "great" but the rest of the team is a joke, he cant handle the duties as a HC properly,

The idea of what a HC does and doesn't do is wildly out of wack. The HC does alot but he doesn't make plays on the field. Rex Ryan isn't on the field, fumbling the football. Rex sets the tone and he gets his players ready to play. Ya know the Jets hurt alot of people this season. The Jets didn't win alot of games but Rex always had em fired up. Even in preseason, when they weren't scoring points, they were breaking other teams. The Jets are a physical team because of Rex and people want to throw that away.

funny that's how I feel about firing head coaches every few years. We have a good coach, we should keep him until he wants to leave. For once.

If we had a head good coach, I would agree, we should keep him.

Problem is, we don't have a good HC.

We have a good DC, a good DC does not equal a good HC.

Oh, and BTW, teh offense that you are seeing, Rex is very responsible for that too, in case you thought blame could be shifted

What Im saying is a great defense and no offense is better than no defense and no offense. You all should be making the case as to who would be better than rex and why would they take this job in NY. "Anyone" and "money" are not acceptable answers. Are you watching the GM search? it's like pulling teeth. the HC search would be worse.

If we had a head good coach, I would agree, we should keep him.

Problem is, we don't have a good HC.

We have a good DC, a good DC does not equal a good HC.

firing a good DC doesn't create a good HC. you guys love to fire and have no friggin idea who will replace. Or who would even want the Job. Yes the Jets could fire Rex and hire Tomasula. or someone from the CFL. Why is that better?

What Im saying is a great defense and no offense is better than no defense and no offense. You all should be making the case as to who would be better than rex and why would they take this job in NY. "Anyone" and "money" are not acceptable answers. Are you watching the GM search? it's like pulling teeth. the HC search would be worse.

The GM search MAY be so cumbersome BECAUSE of the current HC. We don't know.

I am asking for specific games, where you thought the defense played "great' against a good offense.

I can't recall it.

how about Indy? how about 23 points vs Houston (with Mark throwing 2 picks). Every game the Jets were competitive it was because of the defense.

firing a good DC doesn't create a good HC. you guys love to fire and have no friggin idea who will replace. Or who would even want the Job. Yes the Jets could fire Rex and hire Tomasula. or someone from the CFL. Why is that better?

I don't think you get it.

I have no assurance that the next guy will be better, none at all.

I sure as hell hope so, and hope that we can get a guy who the rest of the NFL did not pass up for years because they all knew he was not a HC.

But that said, Once I KNOW that our current HC is not going to win a SB, I am willing to deal with worse if that means the hope of winning a SB.

For me personally, I am not interested in squeaking into the playoffs at 9-7 every year, hoping to catch a break.

I would just as happily take 4-12 if it meant an eventual SB.

To each his own, you would rather have the 9-7 every year than the 4-12, and that is your prerogative, I accept that.

I would much rather take a risk of getting a worse coach, for the reward of actually getting a better one, once I know that the current HC is not going to get it done.

For me personally, I am not interested in squeaking into the playoffs at 9-7 every year, hoping to catch a break.

I would just as happily take 4-12 if it meant an eventual SB.

To each his own, you would rather have the 9-7 every year than the 4-12, and that is your prerogative, I accept that.

wild card teams get hot and dangerous. Like Baltimore. The Giants won it all last year at 9-7, as have the Packers, steelers etc. Being 13-3 and the one seed and taking a week off leaves you vulnerable (Atlanta barely won, Denver lost). 9-7 and in the playoffs is way better than 4-12 and rebuilding.

You are seriously equating injuring players in a pre-season game equates to some elevated coaching?

the Jets didn't have a functional offense but they came to play every week and that is what the head coach does. He sets the tone and gets players fired up.

wild card teams get hot and dangerous. Like Baltimore. The Giants won it all last year at 9-7, as have the Packers, steelers etc. Being 13-3 and the one seed and taking a week off leaves you vulnerable (Atlanta barely won, Denver lost). 9-7 and in the playoffs is way better than 4-12 and rebuilding.

At 9-7 the Giants had a team capable of getting hot, they have a very good offense, particularly in the passing game, and they have a great pass rush.

Even with that it took so many gifts to win that SB.

The Jets have no chance the way they are built of winning a SB, zero.

the Jets didn't have a functional offense but they came to play every week and that is what the head coach does. He sets the tone and gets players fired up.

And..............Rex doesn't bare any responsibility for the dysfunctional offense? We just need him as some cheerleaders type?

Not sure how this equates to injuring players in a preseason game?????

You are really all over the board here.

you don't know that just like how i don't know that the next guy will definitely be worse. Wishful thinking on both sides.

No risk, no reward, thats the bottom line.

Stick with Rex, we will always have a good defense, and most likely a terrible offense.

We may get in a few years at 9-7, maybe even 10-6, but won't win a SB.

The idea of what a HC does and doesn't do is wildly out of wack. The HC does alot but he doesn't make plays on the field. Rex Ryan isn't on the field, fumbling the football. Rex sets the tone and he gets his players ready to play. Ya know the Jets hurt alot of people this season. The Jets didn't win alot of games but Rex always had em fired up. Even in preseason, when they weren't scoring points, they were breaking other teams. The Jets are a physical team because of Rex and people want to throw that away.

Stunning the lengths some people go to defend Rex Ryan. You are so f#cking blind to how awful a head coach he is. If we needed a f#cking cheerleader, put on a f#cking flight crew costume.

Rex SUCKS as a head coach. His lack of action time and time and time again at key positions and refusing to make any sort of personnel changes is reason enough for his firing. Every other successful team makes moves when they need to. Baltimore. San Fran. But not REX! He's a failure as a head coach. And its sad so many people are so blind to it.

He may be good at defense. He may be good at getting some players to play. But as a head coach he has failed.

Bitoni- Rex is great at defense. If we fire Rex, automatically our defense will suck. He also is a great cheerleader.

Others- Rex sucks as a head coach. Fire him and bring in someone else.

Bitoni- But they might not be better. Its better to stick with mediocre than go out and do differently.

Others- So mediocre is ok?

Bitoni- Yes. Cause Rex is good at defense.

Others- But Rex sucks as a head coach

Bitoni- But he's good at defense

Shower. Rinse. Repeat.

Bitoni is a Rexapologist.

Others want someone else who may bring a winner.

Its going to be a fun 8 months!

what changes was Rex supposed to make? McElroy for Sanchez?

McElroy. Tebow. Ya know.. someone else. Sanchez needed to be pulled. And Rex didnt. Didnt even give it a thought until they were out of the hunt. Then jumps off the Sanchez wagon because he doesnt want Mark to be booed at home. Give me a break. Grow some balls, make a change because change needed to be made.

And if he wasnt comfortable with Mc or Tebow, WHY THE F#CK ARE THEY ON THE ROSTER???? Oh thats right.. not Rex's fault. Blame Tanny. Blame Sparano. Blame everyone else except the guy who is head coach. Everyone associated with this team was a failure this team. And the only guy standing is the conductor of this mess.

McElroy. Tebow. Ya know.. someone else. Sanchez needed to be pulled. And Rex didnt. Didnt even give it a thought until they were out of the hunt. Then jumps off the Sanchez wagon because he doesnt want Mark to be booed at home. Give me a break. Grow some balls, make a change because change needed to be made.

And if he wasnt comfortable with Mc or Tebow, WHY THE F#CK ARE THEY ON THE ROSTER???? Oh thats right.. not Rex's fault. Blame Tanny. Blame Sparano. Blame everyone else except the guy who is head coach. Everyone associated with this team was a failure this team. And the only guy standing is the conductor of this mess.

Rex put those players in the game and we all saw they sucked. What are you mad about? That he didn't go to these sucky players earlier?

Rex put those players in the game and we all saw they sucked. What are you mad about? That he didn't go to these sucky players earlier?

What Im mad about is Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach and my team is headed for more misery. If those players were so sucky, WHY ARE THEY ON HIS TEAM? Its Tannys fault? Right. And the offense, its all Sparano's fault, right? The head coach isnt actually in charge of anything, right? He's just a big cheerleader.

What I cant grasp is how you can defend him when the evidence is right under your nose that he doesnt have what it takes to be a good head coach in this league at this time.

What I cant grasp is how you can defend him when the evidence is right under your nose that he doesnt have what it takes to be a good head coach in this league at this time.

the evidence is he has won more than he's lost and his defense is always good if not great. Why do you not accept that as evidence? be a good head coach what does that even mean? In the league if you are above .500 you are a good head coach. That's why Andy Reid got another job in 5 minutes.

I don't think you want a good head coach. You want the ghost of Vince Lombardi.

the evidence is he has won more than he's lost and his defense is always good if not great. Why do you not accept that as evidence? be a good head coach what does that even mean? In the league if you are above .500 you are a good head coach. That's why Andy Reid got another job in 5 minutes.

I don't think you want a good head coach. You want the ghost of Vince Lombardi.

Because your evidence sucks. Thats why. 1 season with 10+ wins in 4 years. Thats not success. sneaking into the playoffs because the colts rolled over isnt success. If thats your definition of success, no wonder youre a fan of this loser.

I want a coach who can act like a head coach and make the moves necessary when they need to be made. Rex cant and wont. Just because he's a good defensive coach doesnt make him a good head coach.

But keep hanging that hat on sneaking into the playoffs and losing AFC championship games. Slightly above mediocre is awesome!

What do you expect him to say ?

"Guys we are not as talented as we used to be and the QB sucks. Time to go, I have a tattoo thats needs to be modifed"

This is ridiculous, ludicrous.

He does not have to say anything at all.

By your notion, every coach of every team, every year would be making these types of statements, and you never hear that type of nonsense.

He could have said a million things, he could have said I like our team, but we have to see how it plays out on the field, a million things that would have not been that.

He said it because HE built this team, all the Rex lovers need to get this through their head, this is REX's team, not Tanny, Rex.

Archived