In Rex I trust

JayKwaz

So much for trying to start a somewhat positive thread.

When it comes down to it I want the Jets to succeed, and it looks like Rex is here for a while so I want Rex to succeed. I do not think he can with Sanchez as the QB, but this team has some young talent to work with. I am looking forward to what trades I hope they make, revis and cro being 2 i would like moved for picks. I am looking forward to hoping they do not sign any free agents, ajd dont resign any of our own. I want as many picks in 2014 as possible.

I may be a naive optimistic fan, but unless i am the one making the calls thats all i can be.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not think he can with Sanchez as the QB, but this team has some young talent to work with.

What young talent do you speak of? This team has very little talent, especially on offense. A few defensive players yes, but the majority of this team is underwhelming when it comes to talent.

When it comes down to it I want the Jets to succeed, and it looks like Rex is here for a while so I want Rex to succeed. I do not think he can with Sanchez as the QB, but this team has some young talent to work with. I am looking forward to what trades I hope they make, revis and cro being 2 i would like moved for picks. I am looking forward to hoping they do not sign any free agents, ajd dont resign any of our own. I want as many picks in 2014 as possible.

I may be a naive optimistic fan, but unless i am the one making the calls thats all i can be.

Nothing wrong in believing and I am with you 100%.

Trade Revis and Cromartie?? Ummm, who is this....Rex that you?? What did you say?? You want to trade for a top pick next year while going 0-16 so you can draft Clowney and Bridgewater at once? Ah, gotcha ;-) ok cool....but what about the coverage? hmmm, deal ur two best players....ummm, no i think we got enough problems actually

I am willing to give up the next 2 seasons to build for the next 10. I would trade Revis and Cro, cut Sanchez and Holmes along with the other overpaid vets like scott ajd pace. I am willing to rebuild for what I hope would be a great team later. I am more willing to spend money on this team if i see a plan in place, not just bandaids put on the field to maybe is a .500 team.

The idea of what a HC does and doesn't do is wildly out of wack. The HC does alot but he doesn't make plays on the field. Rex Ryan isn't on the field, fumbling the football. Rex sets the tone and he gets his players ready to play. Ya know the Jets hurt alot of people this season. The Jets didn't win alot of games but Rex always had em fired up. Even in preseason, when they weren't scoring points, they were breaking other teams. The Jets are a physical team because of Rex and people want to throw that away.

Tell me you didn't just cut and paste this from one of the 2005 Fire Herm threads.

I am willing to give up the next 2 seasons to build for the next 10. I would trade Revis and Cro, cut Sanchez and Holmes along with the other overpaid vets like scott ajd pace. I am willing to rebuild for what I hope would be a great team later. I am more willing to spend money on this team if i see a plan in place, not just bandaids put on the field to maybe is a .500 team.

Maybe...whats clear is we are in trouble and need a quality draft to get good young talent on board. I don't think finishing last in the AFC east is unreasonable at this point. Ship is sinking fast

Tell me you didn't just cut and paste this from one of the 2005 Fire Herm threads.

It really does have the same feel to it on this board. Difference is Edwards shot his way out of town when the Chiefs inexplicably took a liking to him(wait-you'll give us a draft pick?, pulls phone away from mouth, snicker-OKAY!), while Wrecks and Woody are deeply and madly in love.

why would you think a positive thread would fly around here after a disaster of a season and a coach not being held responsible for it??

:rl:

Nobody says dont be positive. But you cant be surprised when people attack. And vise versa. If someone's negative, they shouldnt be surprised when theyre attacked for it.

I get what you saying and to be honest after watching our team these two years it is as bad as I can remember. Many on this board supported Rex through and through....while some of the same ones hammered Sanchez and Shotty.....we got Sparano and guess what we got worse.

Like it or not, Rex has regressed and has taken our QB (who by the way went to back to back AFCCGs) on his way down.

Sanchez was what he was back in 2009. There was zero input into his development. There was zero support around him. And the one "star" WR which is Holmes undermined him every step of the way.

Then some on this board say "Sanchez sucks". And his performance validates that if you know nothing about the Jets.

But, knowing about the Jets we have a complete joke of an organization and with all of that we still have a HC who at best is a above average DC and that's it.

Then we have the ones that endlessly hammered Tebow like he was the problem of why the team sucked balls. However, if we had the where-with-all to have a ****en game plan from the start like Rex said in preseason, perhaps we could have salvaged this season instead of throwing it away.

So, coming full circle to what your saying....I would agree that we need a new start. and we need the organization to lead and set the mark. In other words you reap what you sow.....and that's exactly what the Jets got when we signed Rex. A completely disfunctional team with no direction whatsoever and no light at the end of the tunnel.

Archived