Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend, The Most Heartbreaking And Inspirational Story Of The College Football Season, Is A Hoax

Lil Bit Special

sh*t, the picture that came with my wallet is getting old. I need a new girlfriend. I guess I gotta figure out this Facebook thing and make up a girl that way.

I'm sorry it has to be that way, man. if only you were a star college athlete with infinite opportunities ahead of you...oh wait.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was listening to Mike & Mike this morning. I think its disgusting how they were trying to take Te'o's side in all of this.

"Boy I tell ya, this is really confusing!"

"You know, the Notre Dame AD definitely believes his side of the story."

"There's this movie/TV Show called Catfish where this kind of thing happened."

F***ing morons.

Was listening to Mike & Mike this morning. I think its disgusting how they were trying to take Te'o's side in all of this.

"Boy I tell ya, this is really confusing!"

"You know, the Notre Dame AD definitely believes his side of the story."

"There's this movie/TV Show called Catfish where this kind of thing happened."

F***ing morons.

Golic knows Te'o, what did you expect?

Notre Dame AD went out on a limb to support him when they did not have to

Nobody can take away their season. But the Heismann talk benefited ND and their football program. The whole sympathy angle was part of it. If this was his girlfriend, didn't someone offer to help with arrangements or ask if he was going to the funeral? If they could send flowers or make a donation in her name? May be they didn't know the whole story was nonsense, but the adminstration is staffed by adults who didn't ask obvious questions because it was to their benefit to play along. Where is the girl's gameball now?WHo did they give to to?

If they had stopped this nonsense in September it's probably a 1 day story and youy could sell the "He's been duped!" angle. it might've even been funny. But to play it out this long means people in positions of power at ND either knew or should have known. Does seem at some point in December they learned about it and stopped talking about the nonexistent girl.

Meh. You either believe a star linebacker fell deeply in love with a twitter account or he and his buddy are weirdos and planned this whole thing. The latter is a lot more plausible.

Im still torn on which one it is. Cause I can believe both sides of it. And not believe either side. At least reading these articles are fun and better than some of the fiction that is in Barnes and Noble these days...

Archived