John Idzik Named Jets GM - MERGED

fti1422

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that nobody hired Gamble. It lends credence to the "bad interview" tag.

That it does. And comparing him to Idzik, Seattle has been pretty good for a while. San Fran got good when Harbaugh got there. I don't know if it was just good timing for Harb or what, but I think Idzik might even be a better choice. Only time will tell.

All I wanted to do is come on here and Report some News about our Team and I get attacked for it, Thanks Pal for welcoming to this Site, All I can say thgats The Report I got Late Last Night

I dont reveal my Sources and You will see these Sources are Reliable!

Pump the brakes Alice. No need to go all dramatic and stuff.

If Idzik is allowed to flip the staff this season, then this could turn into a really good hire. I'll be really interested to see who he brings in to run the personnel department.

If Tom supports this we all must support this. This is a direct reflection on Woody Johnson, and if he made the right move here, it could set our franchise up for big things in spite of his idiocy.

All I wanted to do is come on here and Report some News about our Team and I get attacked for it, Thanks Pal for welcoming to this Site, All I can say thgats The Report I got Late Last Night

I dont reveal my Sources and You will see these Sources are Reliable!

lol. People here like the saltiness of your tears. Just don't mention neg reps, or it will pour.

Just based on timing, I wouldn't expect a complete overhaul immediately. He'll probably bring in a few guys, but you're looking at too small of a time frame to completely change over the group before the draft. More often than not you see big changes (outside of GM) happen after the draft. I'd bet that Bradway & Co. will stick around at least until then, but it will be interesting to see what happens after that (hopefully a lot).

Agree, pre-draft. Just as long as we see new names trickling in over the summer. Can't go into August with Terry Bradway in any sort of senior capacity.

If Tom supports this we all must support this. This is a direct reflection on Woody Johnson, and if he made the right move here, it could set our franchise up for big things in spite of his idiocy.

My main reason for excitement is that this marks the absolute end of Tannenbaum as a Jets employee.

Yes!

I really hope Idzik gets a ton of power, not just in terms of personnel, but also over the PR. Let him be the face of the organization altogether.

Yeah. Now the questions will be how much staff he brings in and how much power he has. Hopefully a lot of both, but they had better be good people.

As for being the face of the organization, now I think you are going too far!

101223-idzik.jpg

Is that really necessary?

I am impressed with the Seahawks' turnaround and I like the way they went after talent (lots of big name college players, even amongst the non-first rounders there). That said, pretty meh if this is the guy. Luckily meh means nothing and he seems qualified.

My main issue is that he seems to be sneering at you:

john_idzik.jpg

He looks like the bad guy from a Jackie Chan movie.

A GM who is the son of a famous coach, hired by an owner who is a grandson of a famous businessman, to manage a team coached by another son of a famous coach.

Sounds about right.

The blood of Football Men run through their veins!

Except for Woody, who hired a former coach and player to hire his GM.

If Idzik is allowed to flip the staff this season, then this could turn into a really good hire. I'll be really interested to see who he brings in to run the personnel department.

Who are you and what have you done with T0mShane???

A GM who is the son of a famous coach, hired by an owner who is a grandson of a famous businessman, to manage a team coached by another son of a famous coach.

Sounds about right.

Hold on there for one damn second...........

Woody's great-grandfather was where the fame really started in that family.

??

49ers good last 2 years, they sucked previous 8 years, 2003-2010 , then had 2 good years in 2001/2, then blew again in 1999/2000.

The glory years were 1981 thru 1998. Glory years had different owner/org.

49ers have had really strong drafts and really good FA signings for quite a while. I don't care about their record.

Archived