John Idzik Named Jets GM - MERGED

fti1422

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jake Steinberg@Steiny31

Breaking: Woody Johnson's private plane just landed in Everett, WA, approximately 30minutes from Seattle. #Idzik

Jeff Capellini@GreenLanternJet

So Woody Johnson's plane just landed near Seattle. I hope to God he's bringing back the #Seahawks. #Jets #NFL

About friggin time! Didn´t know jack about this guy a week ago but find myself sure of that he´s the smart move of the ones still in competition.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but with Idzik coming from Seattle, what are the chances of him trying to go after Flynn? I personally don't like the idea as even as a LSU fan, I've never thought the kid could be a full-time starter, but was wondering if it has been brought up at all.

I haven't seen anything mentioned, but it's something to consider. Probably would all depend on Idzik's thoughts on the kid, particularly after getting to see a year of him on the roster, even it was only in preseason and practice. There's definitely a distinct possibility of the Jets looking at doing business with Seattle if he gets the job though. Obviously he has a good working relationship with the people running the show over there, and the team's are the furthest thing you could have from rivals, so would certainly make ideal an ideal trade partner. Definitely could see something happening if there's any backups over there he really likes (Flynn or otherwise) or to do some trading up or (hopefully) down in the draft.

WHY DO I GET BLAMED EVERY TIME

You're easy ? LOL

]Jake Steinberg@Steiny31 Breaking: Woody Johnson's private plane just landed in Everett, WA, approximately 30minutes from Seattle. #Idzik

Jeff Capellini@GreenLanternJet

So Woody Johnson's plane just landed near Seattle. I hope to God he's bringing back the #Seahawks. #Jets #NFL

I'm sick of Woody Johnsons private plane... It picks up everyone and gets nothing in return

I haven't seen anything mentioned, but it's something to consider. Probably would all depend on Idzik's thoughts on the kid, particularly after getting to see a year of him on the roster, even it was only in preseason and practice. There's definitely a distinct possibility of the Jets looking at doing business with Seattle if he gets the job though. Obviously he has a good working relationship with the people running the show over there, and the team's are the furthest thing you could have from rivals, so would certainly make ideal an ideal trade partner. Definitely could see something happening if there's any backups over there he really likes (Flynn or otherwise) or to do some trading up or (hopefully) down in the draft.

Looking past the addition of Flynn, it's always nice to have good working-relations with other organizations, especially outside your conference. I'm just eager to see what type of philosophies Idzik wants to implement and who he plans on surrounding himself with in the up-coming months.

They have got to get this thing done. 3 weeks is enough time...Get Idzik in here and lets focus on the draft scouting...

COME ON JETS...don't prolong this...pick either Khan or Idzik and lets move forward..lots to do with little $$$...

How is it good business to leak that Idzik is the guy, THEN go out and try to negotiate with him? He should hold out for a $2 million dollar housing allowance.

It's not ideal obviously, but the counter-move could be, we'd be just as satisfied with Kahn, you either take our $1 million dollar housing allowance and seven figure salary or go back to Seattle and spend the majority of your six figure salary on buying coffee from obnoxious hipster baristas.

How is it good business to leak that Idzik is the guy, THEN go out and try to negotiate with him? He should hold out for a $2 million dollar housing allowance.

I think he may have figured out that he was the guy they were offering the job to all on his own when they, you know, offered him the job.

I think he may have figured out that he was the guy they were offering the job to all on his own when they, you know, offered him the job.

Right. You tell him the job is his, let it fester in the news cycle for 48 hours, then make an attempt to get him signed. Genius.

Seems to be very common since basically every team has leaked their most recent hire prior to making an offer.

Archived