Marty Mornhinwheg to be named OC

Matt39

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure how I feel about this. While ground and pound obviously isn't the answer, they sure as hell better do something with this pile of sh*t that is their QB position, and quick, if they plan on having a pass-heavy attack. It was painful enough watching these boobs even when passing less than 20 times in a game.

Boobs

A new GM and a new OC. On the same day. Wow.

Well atleast it will be a few days before someone criticizes them!

No. Let's start right now. I have nothing against Idzik. But I wanted a personnel guy. Maybe he will bring one in. I just want to feel comfortable with the idea that Rex is not calling the shot on players. These columns that say he has been doing some scouting lately are laughable. That does not make him a personnel expert. But Idzik seems to have a much better resume than Tannenbust. As for Mohrninweig(sp?), being the OC in Philly might constitute nothing more than getting Andy Reid coffee. I am not so sure about him. I believe he was QB coach in San

Francisco. That does not necessarily make you a good OC. And in Detroit? Better left unsaid. If I have to settle for a newbie or a QB coach, I would rather take a chance on the guy who was the QB coach for the Saints. At least we could steal Payton's offense.

There. I feel better already.

Landry Jones is a spineless douchebag.

Meh, the fact that you hate him already puts us halfway there.

Big, has the other physical tools, plenty of experience...That's all I'm looking for right now, the details of the persoanlity fit can come later in this whole draft thing.

Meh, the fact that you hate him already puts us halfway there.

Big, has the other physical tools, plenty of experience...That's all I'm looking for right now, the details of the persoanlity fit can come later in this whole draft thing.

OH LIKE YOUR STERLING DRAFT RECORD OK

Seems like the New York Jets are having a busy day, not long after hiring John Idzik their new general manager they have apparently found a replacement for outgoing offensive coordinator Tony Sparano.

The Jets have hired Marty Mornhinweg who has been the offensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles since 2006.  Mornhinweg led a pass heavy offense along with former head coach now Kansas City Chief’s head coach Andy Reid.

Mornhinweg will be inheriting the leagues 30th ranked offense from 2012 with a big question mark at quarterback.  His hiring adds more fuel to the fire that the organization is interested in current Eagles quarterback Michael Vick who might be released due to his high salary.

Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing. He was awful as Lions head coach. Okay I gues as the OC for the Eagles and Niners

Wasn't he just a QB coach for the 49ers? Whatever. I do not like the WCO. I hate all those slants and third down completions short of the first down marker. But a lot of clubs live by it. And let's face it---we have been running the No Coast Offense.

No. Let's start right now. I have nothing against Idzik. But I wanted a personnel guy. Maybe he will bring one in. I just want to feel comfortable with the idea that Rex is not calling the shot on players. These columns that say he has been doing some scouting lately are laughable. That does not make him a personnel expert. But Idzik seems to have a much better resume than Tannenbust. As for Mohrninweig(sp?), being the OC in Philly might constitute nothing more than getting Andy Reid coffee. I am not so sure about him. I believe he was QB coach in San

Francisco. That does not necessarily make you a good OC. And in Detroit? Better left unsaid. If I have to settle for a newbie or a QB coach, I would rather take a chance on the guy who was the QB coach for the Saints. At least we could steal Payton's offense.

There. I feel better already.

My statement was tongue in cheek.

But as i said yesterday in some thread that while we know Idzik's bio we do not know his accomplishments. So we will have to see.

I am surprised by the Mornhinwheg hiring. But we will see what he has to work with when the season starts.

I don't like this hire one bit, and I will puke if this brings in Vick, I would rather watch Samchez throw picks all Game than have Vick in here. Who sucks as well.

Bad signing

Is he a bad signing only if he brings in Vick? Or either way?

Guy's been the coordinator for a lot of good offenses. He's been a head coach. I think this is exactly the type of guy Rex needs running his offense. Problem continues to be talent on that side of the ball.

Breaking news: the 2013 season will w a bigger debacle than 2012. Yep, it's possible. The Jets just cemented their position a te laughingstock of professional football for a solid 2 years.

How is this news?

I had this filed under: Foregone Conclussions

Is he a bad signing only if he brings in Vick? Or either way?

Guy's been the coordinator for a lot of good offenses. He's been a head coach. I think this is exactly the type of guy Rex needs running his offense. Problem continues to be talent on that side of the ball.

I don't like it with or without Vick.

In Philly, it was Andy's offense, and when Marty tried to install it in Detroit it sucked ass.

I see no reason to think he is a good OC.

As always, I hope I'm wrong.

I don't like it with or without Vick.

In Philly, it was Andy's offense, and when Marty tried to install it in Detroit it sucked ass.

I see no reason to think he is a good OC.

As always, I hope I'm wrong.

He was also the OC under Steve Mariucci in SF, and had good offenses there. In Detroit, he had one year with Charlie Batch, one with Joey Harrington, and he was fired. Tough to judge that. Not like they were a powerhouse before his arrival. Then went to Philly and ran the same offense he and Andy Reid have always run.

I freely admit I probably wouldn't've gone after a WCO guy, but he does have a lot of previous success -whether you want to give him credit or not- and the experience, to run that side of the ball unassisted.

Archived