Cheating Scum Elimination Day!

unbanmadmike1

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flacco and Kaepernick certainly have played like elite QB's this postseason. The Niners don't get here with Alex Smith, and the Ravens don't get here without Flacco throwing, like, 8 or 9 TD's in the last 3 games.

Its a team sport. Thank you.

Brady stunk today. He was a huge problem. But the Pats lack the weapons of a Ravens, Niners or Falcons.

Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd, Ridley match up comparably with the guys the Ravens have. They also still have a tremendous O-line. And since when has Brady needed elite weapons to have success?

This idea that you need an elite QB is nonsense. Neither Flacco nor Colin are elite. They are "good enough."

Meanwhile the "elite" Tom Brady is going home. So is Peyton Manning. So is Aaron Rodgers. Eli Manning is already home, along with Big Ben and Drew Brees.

NEITHER of the QB's in the Superbowl are top 10. They are in the 12-18 range.

Exactly. Brady had just 5.9 ypa and completed only 54 % of his throws. The running game and defense played well enough to win for the most part.

Yep. Quarterback is so important today. You may not need an "elite" QB to win the SB but if you don't get high level performance from the QB, the deck is stacked against you.

Welker, Hernandez, Lloyd, Ridley match up comparably with the guys the Ravens have. They also still have a tremendous O-line. And since when has Brady needed elite weapons to have success?

Pats couldnt stretch the field at all today. Smith opens up a ton of stuff for Bmore...

Pats couldnt stretch the field at all today. Smith opens up a ton of stuff for Bmore...

Cool story, but it doesn't matter what Smith CAN do if Flacco weren't able to get him the ball. This postseason, Flacco has pretty much established himself as one of the best downfield passers in the NFL with that cannon for an arm.

This idea that you need an elite QB is nonsense. Neither Flacco nor Colin are elite. They are "good enough."

Meanwhile the "elite" Tom Brady is going home. So is Peyton Manning. So is Aaron Rodgers. Eli Manning is already home, along with Big Ben and Drew Brees.

NEITHER of the QB's in the Superbowl are top 10. They are in the 12-18 range.

https://espn.go.com/.../_/seasontype/3

They may not be "elite" but they have played like it.

What standards? If you play like an elite QB, that's all that matters. Just because Flacco wasn't a top 5 QB before today doesn't mean he didn't play like a top 5 QB.

The Ravens defense was a bigger reason they won than Joe Flacco. Its a team sport. I love Flacco...but this Roger Goodell type notion that its one Qb vs the other Qb in a duel isnt what football is about...its a team sport and I love seeing defenses playing well.

The Ravens defense was a bigger reason they won than Joe Flacco. Its a team sport. I love Flacco...but this Roger Goodell type notion that its one Qb vs the other Qb in a duel isnt what football is about...its a team sport and I love seeing defenses playing well.

You may love the team aspect, but it still comes down to QB play every time. Just look at the numbers. How often does the QB that has the weaker performance end up on top?

Obviously, the Niners and Ravens got to where they are in part because they have top defenses. If you combine QB elite play with a strong defense, it'll beat the team with elite QB play and the weaker defense. But the QB is still by far the most important predictor of whether you succeed or fail. If the defense has an offday (like the Niners did against the Falcons), you need your QB to step up or you'll lose.

lighten up. amnesty for what? its the friggen internet

Pretty sure you're the one who needs to lighten up. You tell people to "suck dicks"....or worse.... when they disagree with your viewpoint. Using the "its the internet" excuse doesn't apply. There are still consequences for your actions even when you hind behind a computer.

Pretty sure you're the one who needs to lighten up. You tell people to "suck dicks"....or worse.... when they disagree with your viewpoint. Using the "its the internet" excuse doesn't apply. There are still consequences for your actions even when you hind behind a computer.

i dont think we've ever had an issue with one another...nor have I had an issue with really anyone here since I began posting here so I dont follow.

Meh. This site is getting too soft.

Archived