Tavaris Jackson??! Are you freakin kidding me??!

CobraVerde

Sheftner is linking us to him cause he's in our price range and apparently this Seattle guy is all about him... Seriously do these people even watch the same games we do?? If this happens I will seriously flip the f out. For that we keep Sanchez..I mean the fact that it's even being talked about is embarrassing...I didn't know he was even in the league...omg...

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

exactly Slats. Thank you for looking at this long term.

This is exacltly right. IF jackson (or some other cheap free aganet) comes it will only be to transition until teh drfated QB we will get is ready. only pre req for FA QB is he can run Martys WCO so 2013 can be year we implement the WCO playbook and the OL, TE, WRs, RBs get a year playing it.

They are MUCH better off drafting a QB in the mid rounds this year and starting him than going with a retread like Jackson.

So why not do both? And then, like Seattle, they can decide to start the rookie if he looks like the better option.

So why not do both? And then, like Seattle, they can decide to start the rookie if he looks like the better option.

Only to a delusional homer would this sound like a competent thing to do. It's desperate at best, and not a move a true Football Man would be rumored to maybe be considering.

I don't think much of mid round or lower qb's. Wilson notwithstanding, if you need a qb and you think the man is there, grab him with your first pick, the hell with it.

If a mid round qb you drafted for insurance turns out to be the real deal, great. But don't count on it, it doesn't happen that often.

This year it looks like a man to build around might not even be in the draft, so do an alternative until next year if you must.

How do we dump the salary? I will be shocked if Woody eats the salary cap hit on Sanchez.

My personal opinion is that Sanchez has to go. What's the better use for $8.25M? Spending it on a QB who sucks, has no confidence in himself, and who the team has no confidence in? A guy whose very presence is a negative? Or nothing?

I'll be pretty pleased if Idzik comes in and makes the hard financial choices this season, freeing up maximum cap room in 2014.

Step off

Sheftner is linking us to him cause he's in our price range and apparently this Seattle guy is all about him... Seriously do these people even watch the same games we do?? If this happens I will seriously flip the f out. For that we keep Sanchez..I mean the fact that it's even being talked about is embarrassing...I didn't know he was even in the league...omg...

Step off the ledge. He's linked to us for exactly the same reason that Vick and Matt Flynn have been linked to us; our new GM and OC were connected to them in the past. Until you hear Idzik mention Vick, Flynn or Jackson himself, this is purely conjecture by Schefty.

Because Jackson sucks and has no upside.

He's actually shown flashes of competence during his career, but yes, he's a scrap heap pick.

But if there is nobody in the draft worth building around, don't go down a false alley and try to build around the best available if you don't really think he is that good. Grab a retread, wait for next draft to get your 10 year starter.

He's actually shown flashes of competence during his career, but yes, he's a scrap heap pick.

But if there is nobody in the draft worth building around, don't go down a false alley and try to build around the best available if you don't really think he is that good. Grab a retread, wait for next draft to get your 10 year starter.

There are better backup QB's around the league to go get than Jackson. A lot of them.

My personal opinion is that Sanchez has to go. What's the better use for $8.25M? Spending it on a QB who sucks, has no confidence in himself, and who the team has no confidence in? A guy whose very presence is a negative? Or nothing?

I'll be pretty pleased if Idzik comes in and makes the hard financial choices this season, freeing up maximum cap room in 2014.

Oh I agree. I just don't see us making that kind of statement. My thought was Sanchez deserved up to week 8 of year 4 and that was it if no improvement was shown. Even when you factor in how bad he was handled it is still time to move on for both his sake and the teams sake.

I just would be shocked to see us cut him.

Matt Moore, Mike Vick and Matt Flynn.

All better options than Jackson, but also all far more expensive. That can't be ignored when we have cap issues. None of the guys we aim to bring in will be the future of the franchise, so does it really matter WHICH terrible QB we bring in to steal the job from Sanchez?

All better options than Jackson, but also all far more expensive. That can't be ignored when we have cap issues. None of the guys we aim to bring in will be the future of the franchise, so does it really matter WHICH terrible QB we bring in to steal the job from Sanchez?

Yes, those guys are +3-4 wins over Sanchez or Jackson. Unless we're tanking next year...

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

Nah, dude. Sounds great and all, but in practice it can't happen. #1. Sanchez is better than Tavaris Jackson...no matter how fed up we all are with him. #2. "dumping" MS and his insane salary/contract is not a possiblitity. NO one is going to try to re-tread Sanchez for that price...and no one is going to pay a backup that kind of money. So, we have to pay him. Cutting him for the sake of cutting him and eating his salary and then paying a worse option to come in and fill the roster spot...there just isn't any way to make the move positive. Addition by subtraction doesn't even work. We're against the cap and we have to pay for Tanny's idiocy regardless. All we can do is get a vet minimum guy or a draftee at draftee pay to come in and hopefully beat him out for starting QB ala Russel Wilson. Otherwise you grin and bear it and hope for the best. In Tanny we trust, my ass.

Yes, those guys are +4-5 wins over Sanchez or Jackson. Unless we're tanking next year...

Why not? Wouldn't this be for the best? 90 % of Jets fans would be fine with Rex getting fired and having a high draft pick just in time for a better QB draft class. We all know that unless we get extremely lucky at the QB position we're going nowhere in 2013.

Idzik is probably going to cut ties with as many bad contracts as he can and start from scratch. He has that kind of amnesty in Year 1 of his tenure to the point where a lousy season won't put him at any risk of losing his job.

Nah, dude. Sounds great and all, but in practice it can't happen. #1. Sanchez is better than Tavaris Jackson...no matter how fed up we all are with him. #2. "dumping" MS and his insane salary/contract is not a possiblitity. NO one is going to try to re-tread Sanchez for that price...and no one is going to pay a backup that kind of money. So, we have to pay him. Cutting him for the sake of cutting him and eating his salary and then paying a worse option to come in and fill the roster spot...there just isn't any way to make the move positive. Addition by subtraction doesn't even work. We're against the cap and we have to pay for Tanny's idiocy regardless. All we can do is get a vet minimum guy or a draftee at draftee pay to come in and hopefully beat him out for starting QB ala Russel Wilson. Otherwise you grin and bear it and hope for the best. In Tanny we trust, my ass.

can mark run wco is question. Jets will hand job over to a drafted qb from 13 draft or 14 draft. Only thing they care about now is cheap QB to play WCO for a year at most.

This.

Unfortunately, and much to the chagrin of irrational fans, you can't just dump a Sanchez and replace him with a Tom Brady.

Jackson can run an offense effectively here, (ie be better than Sanchez) and give us time to properly develop a rookie QB, which is the great part about Morninwheg, we finally have someone on-staff qualified to do that.

The worse the quarterback play is in 2013, the better it is for the franchise long term.

i don't endorse losing games under any condition but the 2013 QB class is an absolute mindf--k. trying to figure out who the best guy is in this crop can induce nosebleeds. Ryan Nassib and Mike Glennon have real shots of going before Geno Smith. It's not unthinkable. but 2014 has at least 2 awesome guys in Bridgewater and Boyd and also Johnny Football.

i don't endorse losing games under any condition but the 2013 QB class is an absolute mindf--k. trying to figure out who the best guy is in this crop can induce nosebleeds. 2014 has at least 2 awesome guys in Bridgewater and Boyd and also Johnny Football.

yes, so get a FA QB in 2013 that can run WCO so we can implement it for guy in 2014 ;)

we want the one who has the best chance of beating the pats randomly from sheer luck but also getting us a high draft pick the next year

I don't think it's realistic to expect them to do this...

No? Look at what's about to happen. These guys are currently UFA's:

Yeremiah Bell

Mike DeVito

Braylon Edwards

Nick Folk

Shonn Greene

Lex Hilliard

Dustin Keller

Laron Landry

Brandon Moore

Chaz Schilens

Matt Slauson

Bryan Thomas

In addition, Darrelle Revis and Calvin Pace are due to be UFA's in 2014.

We're on the books for $8.5M on Sanchez, a guy we either will start as a lame duck, make the most expensive backup in the league, or cut and bit the bullet.

Bart Scott is about to be cut. David Harris may be moved. Antonio Cromartie is a trade candidate.

How do you see us coming out of all of this with a roster that will NOT tank? It's not like we'll be tanking intentionally. It's the natural result of a team with cap problems letting a lot of people go and replacing them with cheap and/or rookie replacements. Not to mention one without a QB.

No? Look at what's about to happen. These guys are currently UFA's:

Yeremiah Bell

Mike DeVito

Braylon Edwards

Nick Folk

Shonn Greene

Lex Hilliard

Dustin Keller

Laron Landry

Brandon Moore

Chaz Schilens

Matt Slauson

Bryan Thomas

In addition, Darrelle Revis and Calvin Pace are due to be UFA's in 2014.

We're on the books for $8.5M on Sanchez, a guy we either will start as a lame duck, make the most expensive backup in the league, or cut and bit the bullet.

Bart Scott is about to be cut. David Harris may be moved. Antonio Cromartie is a trade candidate.

How do you see us coming out of all of this with a roster that will NOT tank? It's not like we'll be tanking intentionally. It's the natural result of a team with cap problems letting a lot of people go and replacing them with cheap and/or rookie replacements. Not to mention one without a QB.

Oh I understand that the roster won't be good next year. I'm just saying they aren't going to TRY to tank. Even if they should be doing so. BTW they HAVE to trade Revis.

Archived