Tavaris Jackson??! Are you freakin kidding me??!

CobraVerde

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

I don't see them dumping Sanchez. Open competition. If the grading is fair that is fine....just don't want Sanchez getting handed anything for free anymore.

Even if they should be doing so. BTW they HAVE to trade Revis.

I'd be on board with this, provided we get a good return on the investment. No one in the league values Revis more than we do. Seems that teams these days would rather have 3 competent CB's than invest heavily in one shutdown corner.

I don't see them dumping Sanchez. Open competition. If the grading is fair that is fine....just don't want Sanchez getting handed anything for free anymore.

I'd rather have the guy off the roster to remove the distraction. I don't want any chance of him seeing the field, even as an injury replacement. He brings nothing to the table, and would ESPECIALLY make a terrible backup. What does he have to teach a young QB? The proper way to wipe a booger on a fellow QB? How to sulk on the sidelines when things go wrong?

Would we seriously pay $8.5 million to a 3rd-string QB?

Yeah lets tank for a DE when the Jets already have 3 good DE's and the worst offense in the NFL. Great idea.

Yeah teams with a DE overload (who's the third anyway?) have really been struggling lately. The best thing to do is go for a lesser talent because we have a need on offense. Force the fit! The philosophy of all great Football Men!

Don't make me laugh. Sanchez isn't better than ANYBODY right now. Didn't anyone see the product he was putting forth at the end of the season. Add that to the fact that Jet fans will not let him play at home next year without booing him to death, and you are looking for a replacement. ANY replacement.

can mark run wco is question. Jets will hand job over to a drafted qb from 13 draft or 14 draft. Only thing they care about now is cheap QB to play WCO for a year at most.

And they still have to keep Sanchez. No matter who else they bring in. That's just the way Trader mike did us. Tavaris Jackson can't possibly be a better option than Sanchez. I would take a retired Jeff Garcia over both of them right now.

Where are you going to get the money to do that? Further, you'd have to trade for Flynn and they don't need to be giving up picks.

Flynn probably doesnt come here. But the open competition with Tavaris, Moore and Sanchez for 2013 isnt completely awful. Next year is a wash anyways...

Jackson doesnt completely suck imo...has a big arm and can push the ball down the field. He's a poor mans Flacco and Morniwheg could probably put something together to maximize what he does well.

Flynn probably doesnt come here. But the open competition with Tavaris, Moore and Sanchez for 2013 isnt completely awful. Next year is a wash anyways...

Jackson doesnt completely suck imo...has a big arm and can push the ball down the field. He's a poor mans Flacco and Morniwheg could probably put something together to maximize what he does well.

If you bring Moore here, he's the starter. No competition with crap.

Where are you going to get the money to do that? Further, you'd have to trade for Flynn and they don't need to be giving up picks.

You have to pay Sanchez for 2013. There is no way around it contractually. There just isn't. So you're right, where does the money come from when you've already got 8 Mil + tied up at QB? Then to cut him is even worse. Because you have to pay to fill his roster spot. He makes more sense as an 8 Mil thrid stringer than an outright cut, because you'd have to pay him, AND a third stringer you've brought in. Sucks. But any other route is just more cap damage. So all the other scenarios are moot at this point.

So 2013 is a wash but bring in two QBs to compete in a year that doesn't matter? That seems illogical. What's the point? Bring in one QB, Drew Stanton, roll with him Sanchez and McElroy. See what poop on the wall sticks for a terrible season and get someone in 2014 who can be a game changer.

So 2013 is a wash but bring in two QBs to compete in a year that doesn't matter? That seems illogical. What's the point? Bring in one QB, Drew Stanton, roll with him Sanchez and McElroy. See what poop on the wall sticks for a terrible season and get someone in 2014 who can be a game changer.

Jackson would give this team a better chance to win than Sanchez imo.

You have to pay Sanchez for 2013. There is no way around it contractually. There just isn't. So you're right, where does the money come from when you've already got 8 Mil + tied up at QB? Then to cut him is even worse. Because you have to pay to fill his roster spot. He makes more sense as an 8 Mil thrid stringer than an outright cut, because you'd have to pay him, AND a third stringer you've brought in. Sucks. But any other route is just more cap damage. So all the other scenarios are moot at this point.

maybe not,,paying for backup vs possible disharmony is tuf call ,,, IMHO he is not on jets by sept

If they dump Sanchez and his salary, bring in Jackson for a year or two, and draft a QB in the upper middle rounds this year before going all in for a franchise guy in 2014, I'll be fine with it.

A year or two?? Most of you people were ready to go apesh*t on Sanchez after his first bad year after going to back to back championship. I can only imagine how insane you'd be with Jackson at the helm. And Vick isn't coming to the jets because Sheftner reported Vick and this OC we got from Philly didn't like each other so throw that out. Jackson and Sanchez are the same thing 5 to 7 wins if that. The difference imo is that with players around him Sanchez does alright. Jackson sucked with the vikings and sucked in Seattle. I mean come on you want a back up as your starter? For that keep Tebow!

Find a QB in the draft. It is possible. After this year you cannot tell me that it is not. I don't care if he's a fifth rounder I don't care if he's undrafted. We are better off picking an apple from the tree than getting one from the basket that is bruised and prolly full of worms.

And can you please stop telling people to get off the ledge like we are gonna commit suicide of some sh*t. The hell...why are gonna wait to groom a QB? Don't be thinking oh we are gonna have a good draft pick two years from now, you people could barely handle this year, I can't even imagine how you'd deal with another below .500 season... And don't give me this I've been a jets fan since the dawn of time crap...

A year or two?? Most of you people were ready to go apesh*t on Sanchez after his first bad year after going to back to back championship. I can only imagine how insane you'd be with Jackson at the helm. And Vick isn't coming to the jets because Sheftner reported Vick and this OC we got from Philly didn't like each other so throw that out. Jackson and Sanchez are the same thing 5 to 7 wins if that. The difference imo is that with players around him Sanchez does alright. Jackson sucked with the vikings and sucked in Seattle. I mean come on you want a back up as your starter? For that keep Tebow!

Find a QB in the draft. It is possible. After this year you cannot tell me that it is not. I don't care if he's a fifth rounder I don't care if he's undrafted. We are better off picking an apple from the tree than getting one from the basket that is bruised and prolly full of worms.

And can you please stop telling people to get off the ledge like we are gonna commit suicide of some sh*t. The hell...why are gonna wait to groom a QB? Don't be thinking oh we are gonna have a good draft pick two years from now, you people could barely handle this year, I can't even imagine how you'd deal with another below .500 season... And don't give me this I've been a jets fan since the dawn of time crap...

What are you so angry about? The Jets are probably going to suck next year. Deal with it.

Archived