The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

Ask yourself this question, you trust this organization to pull off a "smart" trade of Revis, who happens to be probably one of the 10 best NFL players in the league?

I don't think this organization has the capability of doing that. At this point in time.

This is a different organization then it was a month ago

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just posted this in another thread. This is a trade that will be impossible for the Jets to screw up.

"All we need is two teams to be hot for Revis. The Cowboys are sure to be in play -- this is just the kind of acquisition that gives Jerry a hard on. There is no way there is not at least one other team that feels the same way. Also, contending teams are the only ones that benefit from getting and paying Revis, so the 1st rounder(s) are probably late picks (unless a pick received from another team is available) -- multiple picks will be necessary to create reasonable value. Very unlikely that an almost certain trade bidding war leave the Jets coming up short. It's something that really cannot be #$%ed up."

the second one. if Revis doesn't like the deal, he doesn't have to sign it. It's not purely money with this guy. Everyone assumes he's pure greed but he won't accept a trade to Minnesota if he doesn't want to live in Minnesota. Money is not the only motivation.

ya a lot will also depend on where geiger wants to live ;)

I just posted this in another thread. This is a trade that will be impossible for the Jets to screw up.

"All we need is two teams to be hot for Revis. The Cowboys are sure to be in play -- this is just the kind of acquisition that gives Jerry a hard on. There is no way there is not at least one other team that feels the same way. Also, contending teams are the only ones that benefit from getting and paying Revis, so the 1st rounder(s) are probably late picks (unless a pick received from another team is available) -- multiple picks will be necessary to create reasonable value. Very unlikely that an almost certain trade bidding war leave the Jets coming up short. It's something that really cannot be #$%ed up."

Agree

As long as there are two serious teams involved.

The optimum situation is if there are two rival teams in the same division interested. Then the keep away mentality will take over

8. Revis can be dealt to a bad or average team in the NFC, and will not trouble us but once every four years.

You are right on, except for this. Acquiring and paying Revis is worthwhile only to contending teams. We are a way off from contending -- there are very few teams I would not consider as potential trade partners -- so where he lands is largely a non-factor. This is another reason I do not want to see him hit the UFA market. I'd hate to have him wind up in the AFCE, especially in Beantown.

Ask yourself this question, you trust this organization to pull off a "smart" trade of Revis, who happens to be probably one of the 10 best NFL players in the league?

I don't think this organization has the capability of doing that. At this point in time.

Lol. Maybe we could give the new GM a chance.

So far, looks like leaking the potential trade has already generated a ton of interest. That's the first step to getting proper compensation.

Agree

As long as there are two serious teams involved.

The optimum situation is if there are two rival teams in the same division interested. Then the keep away mentality will take over

I was thinking the same thing. Cowboys and Redskins? Who knows what the Jets could end up with... ?

this whole Revis thing just annoys the hell out of me. Its not to often in my lifetime at least, that the Jets had a top player at a certain position. So to finally have one of these guys and to here of him being traded away just annoys me to no end. I know its a mutual thing that has to be agreed on with both sides to make it work in the long run but ultimately its the Jets responsibility to make sure we have a player like this for at least 90% of his career. Its what gives us Jets fans with no Superbowl win in 40 something years at least a little something to hang our hats on. So now what, I'm suppose to go watch Revis be an All-Pro for some other team for the next 6-7 years as I watch the jets replace him with potential non-All-pro players, screw that! It just pisses me off!

keep the team's best player. It's football not rocket science. Good players win games, 10 average players don't mean more than 1 good player.

If those ten average players are replacing ten crappy ones, it definitely does.

keep the team's best player. It's football not rocket science. Good players win games, 10 average players don't mean more than 1 good player.

Except for the fact that by keeping the best player you are forced to field a bunch of below average players while simultaneously hamstringing you from signing any above-average or good players at any other positions, since he is demanding elite QB money. If Revis truly wants to be a Jet for life, he'll take market value for a CB and in which case we can go ahead and trade Cro to free up cap room.

now Myers chimes in on how Idzik missed his chance to worship at the alter of Mevi$. Fvck that sh!t. we didnt suffer without him last year besides him taking up cap space. Get the picks and get him the fvck outta here...

Screw Myers, too. I'd like to see him and Francesa as the back two-thirds of a human centipede.

STUGOTZ - right there with you

this makes me sick. this is the best player on our G** damn roster. and we're going to let him go for two picks???? then do what??? draft another sh**y pass rusher and an o-lineman? Cromartie is 28. he's not 23. Revis single handily makes the Defense great. Revis and Cro plus the young guys up front and another veteran safety or two and we can still be an elite defense for 2/3/4 years. but they're just going to break that all up because he has a high cap number?? pisses me off.

keep 24 on this roster no matter what

I think SF is Revis and Geigers 1st choice actually

The news out there is stating that San Francisco is interested in Revis. If this is Revis and Geigers first choice then it should be interesting to see what the 49ers would offer up for him.

this whole Revis thing just annoys the hell out of me. Its not to often in my lifetime at least, that the Jets had a top player at a certain position. So to finally have one of these guys and to here of him being traded away just annoys me to no end. I know its a mutual thing that has to be agreed on with both sides to make it work in the long run but ultimately its the Jets responsibility to make sure we have a player like this for at least 90% of his career. Its what gives us Jets fans with no Superbowl win in 40 something years at least a little something to hang our hats on. So now what, I'm suppose to go watch Revis be an All-Pro for some other team for the next 6-7 years as I watch the jets replace him with potential non-All-pro players, screw that! It just pisses me off!

Yeah, I'd much rather watch one player be super awesome on terrible teams rather than try to grow a foundation of better players through the draft and try to be a contender year in and year out. Totes.

any team sport. when the best player gets seriously injured, it screws the team. the difference between having revis and not having him wasn't just two wins. they fell apart. We don't know how the season would have gone, had he stayed healthy. another assumption you all are believing he's asking for 16/17 mil per year. the fact is we don't know what his demands are or what he'd agree to in terms of compensation. the ACL tear means he won't get 16 mil, either from the Jets or anyone else.

Oh yeah, because the Jets really had it all together in 2011 when he was healthy for the entire season, right?

You're trying to credit Revis' absence for the cause of every single negative thing that happened to the Jets this year, but there is no evidence to suggest that your claims have any merit to them.

They always dump the fan favorites i.e John Abraham, Vilma, Leon Washington....all legit quality players at there position and instead of building on them we dump them

John Abraham pussed out on the sidelines in a huge game. What has he won? Leon Washington I agree was a great return man and a good change of pace back we haven't replaced. Not worth the moneyhe initially got though. And Vilma left because he didn't fit the defense anymore.

Yeah, I'd much rather watch one player be super awesome on terrible teams rather than try to grow a foundation of better players through the draft and try to be a contender year in and year out. Totes.

the Jets will still have draft picks if they keep Revis. And 100+ mil remaining to work with on the salary cap if they pay him.

John Abraham pussed out on the sidelines in a huge game. What has he won? Leon Washington I agree was a great return man and a good change of pace back we haven't replaced. Not worth the moneyhe initially got though. And Vilma left because he didn't fit the defense anymore.

Brad Smith more than adequately replaced Leon Washington, but the Jets haven't replaced Brad yet.

'Gold rush forming' for possible Darrelle Revis trade

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider

January 25, 2013 11:09 am ET

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBSSports.com's Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering that Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is nonetheless coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested are the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

Well, if the Jets WERE NOT interested in trading Revis then they truly pulled a Plaxico and shot themselves in the foot because Revis will now know his open market value when they try to negotiate a new contract with him. Hope the new gm didn't make his first tactical mistake here, but also hope they resign him.

Archived