The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if this was true why would anyone deal for him?

There's always a market for a guy who is the best at his position. Just look at how much Jonathan Joseph signed for with Houston when they were in desperation mode to improve their secondary:

http://espn.go.com/n...eal-sources-say

A person with knowledge of Joseph's deal told The Associated Press it was worth $48.75 million, with $23.5 million guaranteed.

That's QB money right there. Think several teams won't be lining up to acquire Revis the minute we put him on the block, despite the injury?

I'd be very surprised if any team out there would be willing to make a quality offer without knowing/seeing how he's recovered from the surgery and how well he can perform on the field. It's just not worth it to trade him at this point with the down-side being greater than the up-side.

It is if you think that someone else may make the trade and you lose out on the #1 CB in football for the last few years. There is only 1 revis but there are a few teams that need him and have the room to sign him long term.

I see people talking about the trade deadline.... anyone know when transactions like trades can start? Same day as start of free agency? Not sure when that is either - February?

i believe the 1st day of the new league year which is like the week or 2 after the super bowl

After hearing Cowheard on this morning, im all aboard for moving Revis...Too many holes on this team, and he's taking up way too much money. as good as he is theres no guarantee that hell be as good coming off of knee surgery. I had really hoped he'd start and end his career with the Jets but hes too greedy. you know another hold out is coming and frankly we need less "Me" players...

Agreed. But this is also why you have to trade him if you can. Revis makes good QB money. He's a bad signing in a salary cap league by any team. It's too much to invest in a player who isn't a QB. And, of course the picks can be blown. But, we are going to lose Revis either way. We went 8-8 with him, 6-10 without him (and Holmes). The team will be ok and will have a lot more money and potentially good players.

bingo. Free up room to sign better players all around. Revis commands to much money and makes the jets have a lot of money invested in the secondary. Draft picks who hopefully are solid is just a cherry on top

Revis is a hall of famer. They will not get a hall of fame player with those picks. The whole idea is not good.

They may not get a HoF'er with any of the picks they get for Revis, but hopefully they'll be able to land a couple starting caliber guys. The $15M (or so) they're not paying Revis should be able to buy a couple more high end starters. If Idzik does his job well, they should be able to replace Revis with no less than four starting players. Which isn't terrible.

You decry the loss of Revis, but you never explain how they can afford to pay him and put together a team around him.

Now is the time to move him. Sure, you lose a guy who'll probably go onto the Hall. But no one knows if he'll ever get back to the level he played before the injury. I think he'll be pretty damn close, but I don't know. Better to get value for him now before you find out he'll never be the Revis of old.

they better bite hard cause a 2 that turns into a condition 1 seems light for a 1st ballot hall of famer still in his 20's

That's less than what's actually being speculated about in here, but it's all speculation until the Jets start fielding calls.

I'd think a second rounder in the 2013 draft, with conditional pick that could be a first rounder tied to nothing but playing time. Something easily obtainable that can't be manipulated - like the way the Saints screwed over Tanny in the Abraham trade.

That's less than what's actually being speculated about in here, but it's all speculation until the Jets start fielding calls.

I'd think a second rounder in the 2013 draft, with conditional pick that could be a first rounder tied to nothing but playing time. Something easily obtainable that can't be manipulated - like the way the Saints screwed over Tanny in the Abraham trade.

A 2nd and a conditional 1st. Nah. You guys are expecting too less.

There are going to be some teams that line up for his service. And usually competition ends up with some teams willing to pay more in compensation.

A 2nd and a conditional 1st. Nah. You guys are expecting too less.

There are going to be some teams that line up for his service. And usually competition ends up with some teams willing to pay more in compensation.

Maybe I am low-balling it, I really don't know.

There are two complications with Revis for prospective buyers: his injury, and his need to be paid. That could reduce the compensation.

the more we talk about this, the less likely it seems. Peter King says the Jets want at least a 1. And the other team is gonna have to sign Revis long term. All coming off an ACL with his value at a low.

Alot of obstacles.

I hope its damn near impossible to trade him and that we re-sign him for a relatively sane amount. But with our luck, we will get a 2 for him, and he will end up a Patriot, putting up record numbers season after season deep into his 30's,

May Kyle Wilson make you eat your words.

What's he going to do? Give up a critical touchdown in Week 14 next year when we're sitting at 5-7 that mathematically eliminates us from the playoffs?

Year in an year out (in fact for 46 consecutive seasons and counting), someone wins the Super Bowl without Darelle Revis.

Revis is a hall of famer. They will not get a hall of fame player with those picks. The whole idea is not good.

The goal is not to acquire and maintain hall of famers, the goal is to win a super bowl. Every team in the history of the Super Bowl has done so without Darrell Revis. The Jets can too.

What's he going to do? Give up a critical touchdown in Week 14 next year when we're sitting at 5-7 that mathematically eliminates us from the playoffs?

Year in an year out (in fact for 46 consecutive seasons and counting), someone wins the Super Bowl without Darelle Revis.

He's your fill in for Revis.

And yeah, With your logic, teams don't need elite players.

Archived