The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats Richard Shermans contract look like?

Was Chuck Woodson ever getting 16 mill a year?

Neither of them left or will leave a penny on the table. The guy to blame for Revis' contract issues is Al Davis, who overpaid Nnamdi, then blame Tannenbaum for playing to that number. Not one of Revis' teammates have ever even hinted that he's a me-first primadonna type.

Jets GM John Idzik reaches out to Darrelle Revis to clear the air

12164730-mmmain.jpg

View the Slideshow >>

(Gallery by William Perlman/The Star-Ledger)

8487074.png By Conor Orr/The Star-LedgerThe Star-Ledger

on January 25, 2013 at 3:22 PM, updated January 25, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Print

Foursquare

Email

After a confusing first day yesterday, Jets general manager John Idzik has reached out to star cornerback Darrelle Revis to clear the air about a potential trade.

The GM said as much on Pro Football Talk Live during an interview that will air at 5 p.m. tonight.

Here's an excerpt:

“I reached out to Darrelle and I made sure he knew exactly where we were coming from and that this is my first day on the job,” Idzik said, “and our message to everyone was, ‘Give us a chance to get to know each other and introduce ourselves to each other.’ A lot of the people in the building you know through football circles but you’ve never worked along side each other. So give us that chance and give us the chance to go through our current roster, ultimately that’s the basis of comparison to whatever you may contemplate doing. We haven’t taken that first step and that’s what I relayed to Darrelle.”

Idzik told PFT Live that he thought Revis appreciated the call, although it didn't leave much of an indication of what will happen in the future.

There seems to be a strong market forming for Revis. One GM told CBS Sports that there will be a "gold rush" for the cornerback and included teams like the Bills, Patriots, Packers, Broncos and Seahawks among the interested parties.

Although it would be hard to imagine the Jets dealing Revis to the Patriots or to the Bills, crazier things have happened here in Florham Park.

Conor Orr: corr@starledger.com; twitter.com/ConorTOrr

There seems to be a strong market forming for Revis. One GM told CBS Sports that there will be a "gold rush" for the cornerback and included teams like the Bills, Patriots, Packers, Broncos and Seahawks among the interested parties.

Although it would be hard to imagine the Jets dealing Revis to the Patriots or to the Bills, crazier things have happened here in Florham Park.

Trade him to the Bills. They can overpay Mario Williams and Revis yet continue to suck.

i see alot of people equating Cro with Revis. They are not the same. Cro is a 2x Pro Bowl, Revis is a 3x All Pro. Revis is much much better.

While I'm not sure I agree completely with "don't trade Revis" anymore, I notice this stuff too. It's annoying. Cromartie is not nearly the player Revis is. Revis is in the conversation for best defender in the league. Cromartie is in the conversation for second best corner.

your worst then my wife....stop being such a girl and checking my every word....you might want to improve on how not to act like a woman....wait you are a woman...duh, my bad

You're worse than.

I know bad grammar is decidedly masculine, but c'mon, man...

and I'm here to tell ya Ive been reading this message board for a loooonnng time, but nothing as prompted me to join in to voice my opinion like this Revis trade rumor has.....so Im aware who knows what there talking about in here, who doesn't who trolls, and who the women are, Carl

oh, and I know who T0m is too

Actually this is at least your second user name here. Don't know if you were banned last time, or if you just forgot your login. I guess we'll eventually figure it out.

In the meantime, knowing T0m doesn't buy you anything around here nowadays.

I do see you cooled down the personal attacks. Thanks. :)

and I'm here to tell ya Ive been reading this message board for a loooonnng time, but nothing as prompted me to join in to voice my opinion like this Revis trade rumor has.....so Im aware who knows what there talking about in here, who doesn't who trolls, and who the women are, Carl

oh, and I know who T0m is too

I want to change my username to mezzo shongott. Is it taken?

Did you really just list Brad Smith and Leonhard on a par with Revis and John Abraham talentwise?

I believe the original thought took into account both talent level and fan favorite...I list Brad and leonhard in the latter....ok now?

It's true that Tanny absolutely shat the bed with Revis on several levels.

but I have a problem with the conventional long term thinking about this. in the future, yes he could walk and yes they could just get a comp pick in that scenario. but why can't we worry about 2014 after 2013? if Rex and Sanchez completely bottom out it's a tire fire. But there is a chance for both of these guys, even tho we pretend otherwise.

and bigger picture they aren't finding a player this good, at any position, probably for a while. whoever the coach or QB is in 2 years, they will be better off for having revis on the team.

Namath. Klecko. Curtis. Revis. That's the company he keeps. He's a once in a generation type player and I can only hope this trade is a kabuki theater to have another team tell Revis he's not getting 16 mil per year instead of the Jets saying it like big meanies.

You're worse than.

I know bad grammar is decidedly masculine, but c'mon, man...

Actually this is at least your second user name here. Don't know if you were banned last time, or if you just forgot your login. I guess we'll eventually figure it out.

In the meantime, knowing T0m doesn't buy you anything around here nowadays.

I do see you cooled down the personal attacks. Thanks. :)

Thanks for vocab correction. Apparently you don't know what it's like to type on a ipad. So c'mon man yourse

Archived