John Idzik Press Conference

Maxman

After Woody's "Tool Talk" segment? I thought it was fine. Reporters asking questions they know he will not answer, Custer asking about another team's player. The usual moronic media stuff. But he seems like a guy who is comfortable in his own skin. something that never came across with Tannenbaum. And when Bradway called the shots he always seemed to me that he would rather have been in a film room. I just wonder if his personality and Rex's will clash, though. Rex wants a cult of personality. That won't happen here. Not anymore, anyway.

New York Jets owner Woody Johnson introduced new general manager John Idzik at a press conference today.  It’s the first time Idzik has addressed the media and Jets fans.  Johnson described the thorough process he and the front office went through to eventually hire Idzik.  He went on to praise Idzik’s background saying, “I think he’ll do a great job.”

The new general manager went on to give some information on his NFL experiences and his family’s past roll with the Jets organization as his father was a Jets coach in the late ‘70s.  Idzik talked about how he’d been around the Jets organization during childhood and gained experiences with football from a young age.

He also thanked head coach Rex Ryan and members of the staff whom he met in Mobile, Alabama over the past few days, as Idzik was their viewing Senior Bowl practices, which showcases top prospects in the NFL draft.

“You can sense from me that family cohesion, team work, there at my core, there at the core of the New York Jets,” said the general manager. “Whenever you can build a cohesive unit that’s trustworthy and their dedicated to a common cause, to each other, and you can fight through difficult times … you know how to handle success and know how to handle success over an extended period.”

Idzik went on to say, “We are going to be all-in, all together and that is how we are going to develop a sustainable winner.  Something our community and our fans are going to be proud of.”  He also described how many experiences over his career in the NFL has molded his philosophy, “all those experiences has solidified the power of we, the power of we over me, and that’s something that is going to be very strong here in New York … based on a collaborative effort, it will be inclusive, it will be well thought out, well researched, and it will be the power of we.”

“Continually develop, maintain and enhance a roster here that is grounded in competition there will be a constant influx of competition,” he said.  “We’ll explore every measure to bring in talent and continue to compete.”

Idzik explained about using the coaches and staff to do a thorough review of the roster which would aid in developing plans for salary cap management.  He went on to say there would be “countless hours” spent in preparation for the draft something he sees as a “lifeline” to the team’s long term success.

Funny, listening to Francesa right now you would think it was a disaster. He's currently whining about how Idzik saying "too many nice things" about the organization. Right now he's ranting about how Idzik should have trash talked the org more during his PC... lol... yeah, OK...

Personally, I was impressed.

Funny, listening to Francesa right now you would think it was a disaster. He's currently whining about how Idzik saying "too many nice things" about the organization. Right now he's ranting about how Idzik should have trash talked the org more during his PC... lol... yeah, OK...

He's right. Idzik isn't going to be a strong leader and turn this franchise around. You woulda thought this was the Steelers or Ravens and not the dogsh*t laughingstock Jets from all the smoke he was blowing at the incompetents in the front office.

He's right. Idzik isn't going to be a strong leader and turn this franchise around. You woulda thought this was the Steelers or Ravens and not the dogsh*t laughingstock Jets from all the smoke he was blowing at the incompetents in the front office.

What is he supposed to say ? Bradway is so awful I wanted to walk him out of the building the moment i got here. There will be changes. But no NFL team advertises them. This is one of the sweet meet and greets that every organization goes through.

But the JETS fandom is so jaded right now that guys like Fatcessa can say anything negative and there will part of the fandom that will be convinced its true.

Obviously you and I have been on different sides of this fence.

But IDzik is a clear imporvement over Tannenbaum, presentation-wise. And it would be hard to be worse.

I have an open mind. To draw any real conclusions right now is really obnoxious.

Francesa keeps saying "there were no football people in the room" despite Bill Polian sitting in, and that Idzik is not a personnel guy but the guy has been in and around NFL teams since he was a child. I am greatly dissapointed bgy how this franchise ahs been run under Woody Johnson but to destroy Idzik on that basis on day 1 is really uncalled for a$$holery. The guy hates the Jets and his hatred for him must be good for business.NOBODY who is competent in any endeavor is going to take over an operation and start trashing people until he has had some time to evaluate thsoe people and their contributions to the organization. Keep in mind; for all the bad stuff I have said about this team somebody drafted Revis, Mangold, D'Brick, Wilkerson.

Does anyone know who Caldwell or Telesco fired from their personnel staffs in Jax and SD?

Btw, nothing is ever going to make Francesa change. He's the most useless person in the media when it comes to the Jets and Mets. I'm actually a Yankees fan and even I get disgusted by his treatment of the Mets. He's just horrible at his job, but as long as there are people willing to listen to that fat ****, he will always have a show unfortunately.

Obvioulsy you and I have been on different sides of this fence.

But Iszik is a clear imporvement over Tannenbaum, presentation-wise. And it would be hard to be worse.

I have an open mind. To draw any real conclusions right now is really obnoxious.

Francesa keeps saying "there were no football people in the room" despite Bill Polian sitting in, and that Idzik is not a personnel guy but the guy has been in and around NFL teams since he was a child. I am greatly dissapointed bgy how this franchise ahs been run under Woody Johnson but to destroy Idzik on that basis on day 1 is really uncalled for a$$holery. The guy hates the Jets and his hatred for him must be good for business.

Absolutely correct, yet they are being drawn.

Does anyone know who Caldwell or Telesco fired from their personnel staffs in Jax and SD?

Btw, nothing is ever going to make Francesa change. He's the most useless person in the media when it comes to the Jets and Mets. I'm actually a Yankees fan and even I get disgusted by his treatment of the Mets. He's just horrible at his job, but as long as there are people willing to listen to that fat ****, he will always have a show unfortunately.

His job is to get people to obsessively listen to and discuss his show. We should all be so awful at our jobs.

What is he supposed to say ? Bradway is so awful I wanted to walk him out of the building the moment i got here. There will be changes. But no NFL team advertises them. This is one of the sweet meet and greets that every organization goes through.

But the JETS fandom is so jaded right now that guys like Fatcessa can say anything negative and there will part of the fandom that will be convinced its true.

Do you really think that this is the guy who's going to put the clowns to ran this franchise into the gutter and who are still with the team, in their place and do whats right? I don't.

Are you really all that surprised? Francesa is a ****ing moron.

I'm shocked. I thought for sure you would be all gung ho and itching for the season to start. Is there any move that you like?

He's hearing what he wants to hear. There's nothing more to it than that. There could not possibly be any less credibility to a position than it being based solely on an introductory PC.

Archived