New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

no it's not you stupid pig.

any time I've been Cop or Doc and had to reveal I haven't felt the need to add that I'm "town".

The times I've fake revealed I've added that and caught myself before posting.

I find the staggered nature of the reveal to be more odd. If you're going to reveal as doc, what's holding you back from revealing you character?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 1 Vote Count

Leelou (7): Vic, Pac, Dan, Lily, 80, JiF, Wombat

Crusher (1): Leelou

Wombat (7): BG, SMC, Smash, Nolder, HeavyFog, 80, Leelou

Pac (3): Wombat, JVoR

BG (1): Hess

JVoY (1): Ape

Darthe (1): Crusher

Dan (4): JiF, Nolder, Smash, Darthe

JiF (1): CTM

With 22 alive, it takes 12 to lynch.

I find the staggered nature of the reveal to be more odd. If you're going to reveal as doc, what's holding you back from revealing you character?

Honestly? I forgot who my character was and had to go look it up. I don't really know much about the Jets.

Not without a counter - I agree.

It just looks like there's some faux outrage going on here.. Since when do people just take a reveal at face value without any further questioning?

with a role such as the DOC and it happening on day 1 usually 90 % of the normal players walk away and wait for a possible counter. But you and your new ass buddy CTM seem to have slight issues that Ive never seen you claim before. I dont think you would act like potential idiots as scum and thats the only thing keeping me from wanting to vote you

I understand your point on not fully believing her reveal, but do you actually think we should follow through and lynch her? I'd like to know your precise stance on this.

My stance is hell no, until we have information that states otherwise.

My stance is this:

- I'm 49/51 that Leelous reveal is authentic with a slight lean that she's lying

- I wanted more people to question her to see how she responded but everyone just tucked tail and unvoted

- Her current alignment may not mean jack sh-t in a day or 2 as I firmly believe there will be some type of conversion(s) going on

Day 1 Vote Count

Leelou (7): Vic, Pac, Dan, Lily, 80, JiF, Wombat

Crusher (1): Leelou

Wombat (7): BG, SMC, Smash, Nolder, HeavyFog, 80, Leelou

Pac (3): Wombat, JVoR

Is this correct?

My stance is this:

- I'm 49/51 that Leelous reveal is authentic with a slight lean that she's lying

- I wanted more people to question her to see how she responded but everyone just tucked tail and unvoted

- Her current alignment may not mean jack sh-t in a day or 2 as I firmly believe there will be some type of conversion(s) going on

You think conversion is likely with a theme like this?

with a role such as the DOC and it happening on day 1 usually 90 % of the normal players walk away and wait for a possible counter. But you and your new ass buddy CTM seem to have slight issues that Ive never seen you claim before. I dont think you would act like potential idiots as scum and thats the only thing keeping me from wanting to vote you

Nothing wrong with questioning a doc claim. If the doc is real, it might keep the doc around. If the doc is fake, then it might keep a real doc undercover while he/she soft counters.

Is this correct?

Day 1 Vote Count

Leelou (5): Vic, Pac, Dan, Lily, Wombat

Wombat (5): BG, SMC, HeavyFog, 80, Leelou

Pac (1): JVoR

Corrected

My stance is this:

Not until I read my role PM.

Did it say "Cult Leader" or something? That would be nice for us to know. Thanks.

Nothing wrong with questioning a doc claim. If the doc is real, it might keep the doc around. If the doc is fake, then it might keep a real doc undercover while he/she soft counters.

then he should commence with the questioning. Since he brought it up I dont see him saying much to leelou at all. fact is its day one and he has nothing to go on as to why he might question leelou. She gave a doc claim and a character name in Nick Mangold which is a pretty popular Jet so why would a liar choose that name ? The whole concept of questioning her in this particular instance is ridiculous

Strike that.. Just read my role PM again.

Not as rock solid on the conversion aspect anymore but I think there are mechanisms in the game that can alter peoples roles. I'm not going to quote my PM but I'm sure there are many of you out there that hear what I'm saying.

then he should commence with the questioning. Since he brought it up I dont see him saying much to leelou at all. fact is its day one and he has nothing to go on as to why he might question leelou. She gave a doc claim and a character name in Nick Mangold which is a pretty popular Jet so why would a liar choose that name ? The whole concept of questioning her in this particular instance is ridiculous

Because Mangold is the most likely candidate for doc imo. Who else do you think it would be? Brick?

Strike that.. Just read my role PM again.

Not as rock solid on the conversion aspect anymore but I think there are mechanisms in the game that can alter peoples roles. I'm not going to quote my PM but I'm sure there are many of you out there that hear what I'm saying.

I hear what you're saying. I thought it was referring to injuries rather than conversions, but could be either or both. I'm now 97% sure you are town right now.

Games cooking up a bit. Feeling more unsure about my vote on my brother as the game progresses. Perhaps it would be a classy gesture to Ted Turner if we keep Fog/Wombat in the game to commemorate the Atlanta Braves joining the Brothers Upton. Nobody else really jumping off the page now. Fog agrees with others that it's curious Leelou would reveal as doctor this early, but idk what that means, or where the Fog should blow right now ....

Day 1 Vote Count

Leelou (4): Vic, Pac, Dan, Lily

Wombat (5): BG, SMC, HeavyFog, 80, Leelou

Pac (1): JVoR

BG (2): Hess, Wombat

not following you here ... if she was scum why would she pick the name Nick Mangold ? does not matter what I think he would be role wise.

Because if you are going to claim doc, you want to try to guess the doc's character for your claim. Otherwise, you can be counter-claimed by someone who isn't the doc.

Archived