New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

AVM

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nolder has a unique approach to mafia.

How about your 2 cents on the name situation?

You're a pragmatist yet you have no opinion on the pros or cons of a mass character reveal? Stuff like this should be up your alley.

Cool story. Care to give us your reveal or are you going to make us wait to get you to L-2?

Nah, you guys can wait. The truth is, the main reason for my reaction yesterday is because I know the second I reveal I'll be dead in an instant. I told AVM as much pretty early on. So not going there until I have to.

This was BG's last post on the subject.

How about your 2 cents on the name situation?

You're a pragmatist yet you have no opinion on the pros or cons of a mass character reveal? Stuff like this should be up your alley.

As a townie, I'm in favor of mass reveal because I think that would be to our strong advantage.

As a former mod (as you are), and appreciative of the great setup AVM has obviously made and work he's put into this game, I'm a bit wary of a mass reveal so early in this game as that might screw it up and not let it all play out as he hoped. In essence, the game could be over after day 2 with a mass reveal.

I vote that we see if we can lynch scum today without a mass character reveal. If not, then we do it, if its allowed by AVM.

As someone said, scum will probably just reveal as some 2nd-tier/no-name scrub players that are unlikely to be duplicated. It'll help us come up with a pool of lynch candidates, but it by no means guarantees that we nail scum.

I vote that we see if we can lynch scum today without a mass character reveal. If not, then we do it, if its allowed by AVM.

As someone said, scum will probably just reveal as some 2nd-tier/no-name scrub players that are unlikely to be duplicated. It'll help us come up with a pool of lynch candidates, but it by no means guarantees that we nail scum.

This is a scummy post.

A lot of back and forth bullsh*t in this game. I have some angry wookie in me and I have no problem hammering BG after his reveal.

Fat mock outrage.

You followed me on Vic... and now this, I'd like to see if you'll follow through.

Putting mass character claim aside, and focusing on scum hunting the old-fashioned way... BG is still the most informative lynch I see. If he flips scum, I think it provides context for a lot of the maneuvering on D1 and D2.

Unvote

Vote BG

As a townie, I'm in favor of mass reveal because I think that would be to our strong advantage.

As a former mod (as you are), and appreciative of the great setup AVM has obviously made and work he's put into this game, I'm a bit wary of a mass reveal so early in this game as that might screw it up and not let it all play out as he hoped. In essence, the game could be over after day 2 with a mass reveal.

But that's the point.. Do you think AVM would be so careless to allow us to reveal character name if we'd really be able to use it as an iron clad way of determining who's likely to be scum?

How could you spend hours developing a concept and writing scenes and emails and slip up on that simple factor? We've prohibited name reveals for years for that very reason! I'd be shocked if he gave such an advantage to town knowing there would always be the chance of a mass reveal... shocked.

But that's the point.. Do you think AVM would be so careless to allow us to reveal character name if we'd really be able to use it as an iron clad way of determining who's likely to be scum?

How could you spend hours developing a concept and writing scenes and emails and slip up on that simple factor? We've prohibited name reveals for years for that very reason! I'd be shocked if he gave such an advantage to town knowing there would always be the chance of a mass reveal... shocked.

This is AVM we're talking about.

No, but seriously, people have blind spots, especially when crafting intricate games. If AVM is okay with a mass reveal then I'm down with it too. That's the whole point.

lynching one of your suspects is a catastrophe?

a catastrophe??

His butthurt sounds like he already knows the outcome of this lynch.

Dan was his too - wasn't it something like "AVM would definitely make Dan scum"?

Even though we can count on one hand the amount games where characters, roles and alignments were hand selected.

His butthurt sounds like he already knows the outcome of this lynch.

Dan was his too - wasn't it something like "AVM would definitely make Dan scum"?

Even though we can count on one hand the amount games where characters, roles and alignments were hand selected.

I don't know if he's trying to be funny or if he's too stupid to remember who he voted for?

Didn't jif just do this last game?

I'm fine with a mass reveal btw, but i think it gets town power roles killed as scum can probably safely choose fringe players as safe claims

Archived