Zach Ertz or Tyler Eifert

LAD_Brooklyn

Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame

Height: 6-6. Weight: 251.

Projected 40 Time: 4.70.

Projected Round (2013): 1-2.

Eifert was one of the few Notre Dame players who held their own against Alabama. He had six receptions for 61 yards. Eifert hauled in 50 passes this year for 685 yards and four touchdowns. The Fighting Irish was terrible at getting the most out of him though, as the team's quarterback play was extremely inconsistent. Eifert made big improvements as a blocker in his senior year.

Eifert performed excellently in 2011, and he was a dangerous weapon for Notre Dame. Despite less than stellar quarterback play, Eifert caught 63 passes for 803 yards and five touchdowns. He had a solid debut with 27 receptions for 352 yards and two touchdowns in 2010.

Eifert has shown flashes as a good blocker, but he needs to improve his effectiveness in that role. Eifert has great hands and makes tough catches down the middle of the field. His receiving ability is NFL-ready right now.

Zach Ertz*, TE, Stanford

Height: 6-6. Weight: 249.

Projected 40 Time: 4.61.

Projected Round (2013): 1-2

Ertz played really well this season and was Stanford's leading receiver. He totaled 69 receptions for 898 yards and six touchdowns. Ertz improved his blocking in 2012, too. He had massive day against Washington and California. This season could have been even more productive if the Cardinal had had consistent quarterback play. He had a huge game against Oregon, 11-106, including a remarkable touchdown catch to force overtime.

Like Toilolo, Ertz will take on a more prominent role with Fleener in the NFL. Ertz caught 27 passes for 346 yards with four touchdowns last year. He caught 16 passes for 190 yards and five touchdowns in his first season of playing time.

Ertz's height and leaping ability make him a dangerous weapon in the red zone. He needs to fill out his frame and develop his blocking, but he has the potential to fire up the rankings to be a second-day pick.

neither of these guys are worth the 9 pick

That's commonsense when you figure they're rated late1st-early second rounders prospects.

both will be gone by 41.

There's a chance of that happening then there's a chance that's very much not the case. But if I was to bet, the odds would be for one to be available, rather then both being gone or both being available.

nah. the Jets are gonna have alot of good choices at 9. Even at pass rusher.

jets need an outside backer.i dont know if that is just pass rusher.i would much prefer a jack of all trades,master at none outside backer.decent pass rusher,decent in coverage,and decent setting the edge.in other words,a complete backer.not a 1 trick pony like a pure pass rusher.not in this defense

jets need an outside backer.i dont know if that is just pass rusher.i would much prefer a jack of all trades,master at none outside backer.decent pass rusher,decent in coverage,and decent setting the edge.in other words,a complete backer.not a 1 trick pony like a pure pass rusher.not in this defense

That describes Calvin Pace almost perfectly and I'd bet dollars to pennies that our collective-fanbase would sh*t a brick if that's the type of player we drafted. With a top 10 pick, you draft someone to get after the QB, not to cover TEs or set the edge.

That describes Calvin Pace almost perfectly and I'd bet dollars to pennies that our collective-fanbase would sh*t a brick if that's the type of player we drafted. With a top 10 pick, you draft someone to get after the QB, not to cover TEs or set the edge.

come on man! calvin pace could do none of the above.period.twice ayear the dude would have a good game.the dude could not rush,cover, or seal the edge.8m guy who could be replaced by the minimum.

this team has too many holes to be drafting TEs in rd 1 or 2.

i like Michael Williams out of Bama. Not a great catcher but beast in run blocking. for receiving TE, there's a kid out of florida Jordan Reed who basically was that team's offense. Shades of Aaron Hernandez.

i like Michael Williams out of Bama. Not a great catcher but beast in run blocking. for receiving TE, there's a kid out of florida Jordan Reed who basically was that team's offense. Shades of Aaron Hernandez.

Biggest hole on the team is QB, and nothing helps a young and/or struggling QB like a high quality TE.

Certainly have no interest in one at #9 overall, but if a trade puts them late in the round, I'd have no problem at all with a TE as the BAP.

As you repeat it for a second time not sure where your coming from with drafting a TE in the 1st round lol. Skill position on offense must be upgraded. We have Holmes, Hill and Kerley on contract for next season. RB position has McKnight and Powell on contract which is weak but doesn't beat out TE position which feature no one as we can project RFA Cumberland at least being retain. Also like you said we have too many hole to give Keller $7 mil in free agency. Also the two that we speak of right away will become our second best receiving target from day one especially the Notre Dame kid.

Archived