OK can we differentiate "HOLES"vs would-be-nice

SoFlaJets

DT seems to be plugged with the signing of Legree.

Offensive Tackle is a need (if the Jets wanted to move Fabini to right, that tells you something...)

Tight End is a need, and they have shown that they are looking by making a play on Putzier.

Linebacker is log-jammed with Cowart still on the roster and the recent signing of Gardner from CLE.

Cornerback, cornerback, cornerback.

I posted this under my user name on the JI board and feel while not perfect, it gives Bradway a passing grade to date in what he has accomplished.

Mandatory Moves: (Some taken care of before Free Agency)

Upgrade our OC - Done.

Penningtons contract - Done.

Resign Ellis - Done.

Retain Abraham - Done.

Fill Jordan void - Done

Replace Quincy - Done (This became extremely important with Chad' surgery)

Upgrade WR - Done (See Coles trade) While another WR would help Heimer sees a productive year out of Chrebet. Not saying I agree.

New needs-OL and DT :While we need a OL and DT those positions became issues during Free Agency and we still have time to address via trades, June 1st cuts and the draft. Both of the above losses can be argued were over paid at their new address.

Corner back: This alleged need may be simply us as fans wanting a elite defense.

As other threads state, Henderson may have told Bradway that he has all he needs at the corner position.

Safety: Yes this would be great if we could replace Tongue but again are we just playing Fantasy GM or can all 22 starting positions be "rock solid"?

Tight End----TB gambled and lost on Putzier. While I am not a cap guru I will leave this to those who can better argue whether we needed or could have offered a higher dollar amount.

The FA period is two weeks old , lets not kill Bradway yet when you consider all he had to get squared away both prior to and during the FA period.

Jon McGraw can play SS.

We need an OT, that's the only real NEED.

DT, Legree / Harper and probably Reed could handle the job, but if not, a Round 2 selection could help.

CB, would be nice to get younger but it's not a need.

Archived