1st mock

bitonti

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah no we need a OLB that can rush wr no way, but hey we got the same scout team so be ready for a bad pic

OLB is a problem I agree on that and if Jarvis Jones is there, it's a done deal.

but Last year WR was in awful shape. Kerley a #3 is the best wide out. Holmes was hurt, and he's got maybe 1 year left with this team. Hill can't run routes which is a problem in a west coast offense and the rest are street free agents.

I think you're reaching based on need. Allen isnt worthy of a top 10 pick. No WR in this draft is.

Mingo could very well be the pick here. I wanted to play around with positions a bit. Thanks everyone for feedback, it helps.

as for Allen, he's a perfect fit for the WCO, and this was probably a reaction to the Marty Morn hire. he's a solid rd1 grade from all sorts of sources. it's obviously real early but he appears to be the top WR in a fairly strong WR class.

should the Jets pass, don't see Allen getting out of the top 20. Cordarelle Patterson could run a 4.3 and become a top 10 pick as well. Patterson and Hopkins have more upside than Allen but Allen probably has more receiving talent right now.

Mingo could very well be the pick here. I wanted to play around with positions a bit. Thanks everyone for feedback, it helps.

as for Allen, he's a perfect fit for the WCO, and this was probably a reaction to the Marty Morn hire. he's a solid rd1 grade from all sorts of sources. it's obviously real early but he appears to be the top WR in a fairly strong WR class.

should the Jets pass, don't see Allen getting out of the top 20. Cordarelle Patterson could run a 4.3 and become a top 10 pick as well. Patterson and Hopkins have more upside than Allen but Allen probably has more receiving talent right now.

True but thats all the more reason I'm not taking a WR early in this draft. Plenty of solid prospects to be had in the mid rounds. Plenty. Allen would be a reach there. He provides nothing but just a solid set of skills which IMO doesnt warrant a top 10 selection. He's not the type of receiver thats going to help an average to below-average QB become better, which is more than likely what the Jets are looking at and that is the type of WR you should be taking in the top 10.

the advantage of taking a WR is that he plays WR. Taking a Mingo means standing him up and teaching him to play linebacker. We all know how that can turn out.

I could be wrong about this but didnt they move him to DE this season out of necessity? Didnt he play rush edge LBer last season for them and had double the sacks?

I could be wrong about this but didnt they move him to DE this season out of necessity? Didnt he play rush edge LBer last season for them and had double the sacks?

he played linebacker in high school. The LSU tigers run a fairly straight forward 4-3. the best outcome would be Jarvis Jones. All of these other guys are converts.

Like Ware, Suggs, Smith, McGinest, Vrabel, Woodley, Harrison, Taylor, ore-injuries Merriman, Orakpo, Kerrigan, and so on? Or you meant that one guy who sucked for the Jets?

how many of those were top 10 picks? without looking it up i'm guessing 1. Suggs at 10 (who was the NCAA all time sack leader) Not saying it can't work just saying it's a risk that the fans do not want to recognize.

again im not saying Keenan Allen is unbelievable player but he runs quality routes, is always open and gets tons of yac. Isn't that what we complained about for years, not having a WR who could get separation?

No but I am equally sure it won't be WR, TBH.

why? are you saying they will address the position but not in rd 1? The WR were atrocious last year. How much longer will Holmes be a Jet? Can any of them run in the WCO? it's a legitimate concern. There are other OLB/DE in the draft, just as there are other WR. Some of those guys on your list were third rounders (Jason Taylor) and some weren't even drafted (Harrison).

by the way the free agency period will tell alot. If they sign a bunch of WR then obviously not. But if they make a high profile signing like Spencer or Barwin then they aren't gonna go DE to OLB convert at 9.

1. Yes, all of them can run in the WCO. Another non-issue we're supposed to pretend is a thing...

2. Lawrence Taylor was the Taylor.

3. "Some" is two in two categories. You can do this for any position.

4. Kerley was fine last year, Holmes was out but is fine when he's healthy, and Hill was a rookie they moved up for. They need depth, sure, but there is no WR in the draft worth the 9 pick.

5. Pass on ether of those players probably.

This is the same team that gave meaningful reps to Garret McIntyre and a recently off surgery Bryan Thomas without their best starter going down to injury.

believe it or not McIntyre looked like a starter. A decent mid level starter at OLB. Can't compare his play at OLB to the WR crapfest.

im not saying it's definately gonna be WR, what i am saying is it's a decent chance. Might even be 50/50 WR or OLB.

If they're going WR I think Patterson is the better option by a long shot. Less injury concerns and far more upside. Allen's good, but Patterson has a chance to be special and can make an impact right away anyway. The Jets need special players on offense and chance to make an immediate impact is irrelevant because this season is going to be awful.

If they're going WR I think Patterson is the better option by a long shot. Less injury concerns and far more upside. Allen's good, but Patterson has a chance to be special and can make an impact right away anyway. The Jets need special players on offense and chance to make an immediate impact is irrelevant because this season is going to be awful.

i have no problem with this. Patterson could get drafted before Allen, based on the upside.

So then draft a first round WR in 2014 if it's that big a deal and there's someone who is worth the pick. There isn't that guy in 2013, though I guess at least Allen is the closest.

they are gonna do that with QB. it's a strong WR year in 2013 it's a strong QB year in 2014.

Archived