Marshall Faulk: "I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl."

JetsFanInDenver

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny. Jets' fans think the former Jets' employee is in bed with the Patriots. Patriots fans thiinnk the opposite :rl:

Oy! Why would the comissioner bury something to hide the fact that everyone does it....because coaches and players said they did it or had seen it done. Jimmie Johnson said he did it for the Chiefs. Vermiel said it has been going on forever.

I know your blind jealousy blurs everything, but at least pay attention.

They are whiny bitches?

Orly? I have not lived in New England since 88. I have been to most corners of the world and have run into just about every other team's fan and no one mentions it. It is mentioned on messageboards. Congrats..you are that guy.

Only thing you are missing is waving those poms poms!

Cause theyre attention whores.

If you get cheated out of a championship it has got to hurt. After all the efforts these guys put in during the off season, then the season and the post season only to see you got robbed by someone who cheated. And the cheats were not even punished. Goddell eliminated all evidence.

Its gotta hurt. Put yourself in their situation.

Actually no, the only people who try to use that excuse is dipsh*t Pats fans who can't admit that Belichick being an arrogant a$$hole is literally the only reason that whole situation turned out the way it did. Go back and look at how everything went down. Belichick, despite knowing that Mangini was obviously well aware of these tactics, tried to pull that sh*t against the Jets anyway. The Jets caught them and put an end to it. The Pats, again being moronic douchebags, refused to hand over what they had taped of the Jets that day. An argument ensued, which NFL security got involved and they ultimately confiscated the tapes for themselves. I am no fan of Mangini, as he was a pretty awful coach, but that doesn't make him to blame for the Pats going through a series of decisions, all of which were as stupid as humanly possible, that are the sole reason that they got caught red handed. So unless you are suggesting that Mangini should have knowingly let the Pats cheat against them, which would the dumbest argument you could possibly make, he's pretty far down the list of reasons responsible for that mess. Regardless of if it's something every other team in the league was doing, they are still the ones who got caught and it's their own fault.

Any HC who wasn't aware of taping signals by that time was a moron.

Any HC who wasn't aware of taping signals by that time was a moron.

Signals to run plays they hadn't run during a game couldn't be stolen during a game. This was about spying on a closed team practice, not walking on the sideline with a camera; a video camera with a good zoom lens would accomplish the same thing from any number of places in the stands or up in the boxes.

With the spying they beat the Rams and their 7000 yard offense with Mike Martz calling plays. Without the spying, they lost to the Jets with 2nd-year pro Mark Sanchez at QB and Brian Schottenheimer calling plays. Probably nothing, though.

Signals to run plays they hadn't run during a game couldn't be stolen during a game. This was about spying on a closed team practice, not walking on the sideline with a camera; a video camera with a good zoom lens would accomplish the same thing from any number of places in the stands or up in the boxes.

With the spying they beat the Rams and their 7000 yard offense with Mike Martz calling plays. Without the spying, they lost to the Jets with 2nd-year pro Mark Sanchez at QB and Brian Schottenheimer calling plays. Probably nothing, though.

The Pats have the best record in the NFL since Spygate. All that continued references to Spygate are going to do is ensure that Belichick doesn't retire until he wins at least one more Superbowl. I would like to thank Marshall Faulk for making sure that chip stays on Belichick's shoulder.

The Pats have the best record in the NFL since Spygate. All that continued references to Spygate are going to do is ensure that Belichick doesn't retire until he wins at least one more Superbowl. I would like to thank Marshall Faulk for making sure that chip stays on Belichick's shoulder.

that's because the culture of cheating hasn't gone away. you don't really think they stopped cheating, do you ?

This post is intelligent.

that's because the culture of cheating hasn't gone away. you don't really think they stopped cheating, do you ?

This post is stupid.

\

How many SB rings do they have?

Cheater

Cheating is ubiquitous wherever there is competition. How many teams do you think are completely free of PEDs for instance? The Chargers were caught using a "stickum-like" substance this last season but no one made a big deal of that because they still sucked. It's not the cheating that people resent; it's the success.

Cheating is ubiquitous wherever there is competition. How many teams do you think are completely free of PEDs for instance? The Chargers were caught using a "stickum-like" substance this last season but no one made a big deal of that because they still sucked. It's not the cheating that people resent; it's the success.

Deflect much ?

Giants and Steelers have both won 2 SB'ers since spygate, how many have the Patriots won?

Steelers have only won one SB since Spygate actually. But to answer your question, the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Spygate. The same can be said of 27 other NFL franchises, including your beloved Jets.

Haha. Yeah, people love when teams compromise the integrity of the sport and its pushed under the rug.

Steelers have only won one SB since Spygate actually. But to answer your question, the Patriots have not won a Super Bowl since Spygate. The same can be said of 27 other NFL franchises, including your beloved Jets.

True. My bad.

Either way, I think its safe to say since the Patriots have not won a SB since spygate that the following quote would not apply.

All they've done since Spygate is be the best franchise in football.

True. My bad.

Either way, I think its safe to say since the Patriots have not won a SB since spygate that the following quote would not apply.

It's arguable. I can't fault anyone for picking the Giants over the Patriots in that debate, but the Patriots are still in the discussion.

I think Beli will ride off into the sunset with Brady whether they win another one or not.

All they've done since Spygate is be the best franchise in football.

Curious lack of championships for the best franchise in the sport.

It's arguable. I can't fault anyone for picking the Giants over the Patriots in that debate, but the Patriots are still in the discussion.

They'd be in the conversation if we were talking about the best teams who havent won a championship since spygate, otherwise, no.

Again deflecting. Its not hypocrisy when a guy complains for being robbed of a ring by a cheat.

Not hypocrisy; just sour grapes:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1509540-the-case-against-marshall-faulk-cheating-comments-and-other-afc-east-news

The Case Against Marshall Faulk 'Cheating' Comments, and Other AFC East News

By

Erik Frenz(AFC East Lead Writer) on January 31, 2013

898 reads

8 icon_comment.png

Use your ← → (arrow) keys to browse more storiesNext

hi-res-1176052_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75 Ezra Shaw/Getty Images

New England Patriots fans have long wondered if NFL Network analyst and former St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk has an axe to grind with the Patriots.

They now have their answer: an unequivocal yes.

Faulk created quite a stir among Patriots fans in comments given during the Super Bowl media day festivities. He spoke to Tom E. Curran of CSNNE.com about his emotions over losing Super Bowl XXXVI, and explained why he felt "cheated" out of the Super Bowl:

Am I over the loss? Yeah, I'm over the loss. But I'll never be over being cheated out of the Super Bowl. That's a different story. I can understand losing a Super Bowl, that's fine...but how things happened and what took place. Obviously, the commissioner gets to handle things how he wants to handle them but if they wanted us to shut up about what happened, show us the tapes. Don't burn 'em.

He talked about his bewilderment over the Rams' ineffectiveness in the red zone and on third down. He explained that the team had practiced plays that they hadn't run in games, and that he was mystified as to how the Patriots were able to stop those plays.

The only explanation, in his mind, is that the Patriots taped the Rams' walkthrough. There was a report in The Boston Herald that the Patriots had done so, but there are multiple problems with his theory.

Never mind that the Herald ran a retraction of their story, and that the league found no evidence that such a tape existed, but Faulk's memory is a bit fuzzy. The Rams only made it into the red zone one time in the entire game, and they actually scored. There were two straight runs right up the middle—not exactly the stuff of offensive innovation—and Michael Hurley of CBS Boston points out what happened from there:

On that possession, on third-and-goal from the 3, Law let an interception go through his arms in simple man-to-man coverage on Isaac Bruce, who showed little interest in fighting for the football.

On the ensuing fourth down, Warner scrambled right when he had no open options. Roman Phifer stripped the ball on the 1-yard line, and [Patriots safety Tebucky] Jones ran it 99 yards back for a touchdown that would have secured a Patriots win. However, because [linebacker Willie] McGinest very clearly held Faulk, the play was called back.

Faulk was then stuffed on a run up the middle. It wasn’t exactly a revolutionary play run by the Rams, so Faulk couldn’t have been complaining about that one. Then, apparently the videotapes failed the Patriots, because Warner ran a sneak right up the gut for a Rams touchdown that cut the Patriots’ lead to 17-10.

Willie McGinest points out that if the Patriots were cheating, the game would have been a blowout and would not have been close at the end.

Faulk also complained about some third downs; the Rams went 5-of-13 on third down (38.5 percent). However, they missed on three conversions of 17, 18 and 20 yards. Not sure how much the videotape helped on those, but without those three instances, the Rams would have converted 50 percent of their third downs—eerily similar to their 49.7 percent conversion rate in the regular season.

So, without much of a leg to stand on, it looks like Faulk is running out of excuses.

The easiest way to explain it is sour grapes. Curran hints at that in saying, "At one point in the conversation, Faulk said, 'I don't even know why you brought this up now.' In fact, Faulk was the one who broached it."

It's not at all unfair for Faulk to wonder what went wrong in that Super Bowl loss, but to base his logic and contempt for the Patriots off evidence that never even existed is as juvenile as it gets.

He even hinted at that in his closing comments: "If you lost a game and your brother cheated you, you'll remember that."

If you get cheated out of a championship it has got to hurt. After all the efforts these guys put in during the off season, then the season and the post season only to see you got robbed by someone who cheated. And the cheats were not even punished. Goddell eliminated all evidence.

Its gotta hurt. Put yourself in their situation.

They could have and should have won the game no matter what video taping was done. They lost it on the field and have no one to blame but themselves.

Archived