home made chicken wings

and other dubious super bowl party ideas......

not really looking forward to frying anything in oil on my cooktop, can you make decent ones in the oven ?

To be honest, baking them can cause quite a bit of smoke and splatter mess in your oven, I wouldn't say it is really much cleaner than frying. You don't by chance have an outdoor turkey fryer do you?

Alton Brown has a method where he steams them first before baking, which cuts down on the smoke and mess a lot,

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/good-eats/buffalo-wings-recipe/index.html

Check out the video tab on that link.

so I split the difference. whimped out and got pre-cooked ribs, but I got fresh wings and will try to make them

I'll let you know

very little chance all that food survives until tomorrow, lol

and I don't do a lot of grocery shopping, wtf ? if we get another drought next year naval oranges will be a status symbol

smiles... screw the neighbors, they be drunk anyhow.

i've just roasted the wings around 450 or the leggies, nvm alton's OCD nonsense. it's worked fine.

crisp up the skins in a pan if you must but... yum, the hot sauce makes it all well.

also cheat with mcDs FFs, and splash them w hot sauce and BC dressing and the humans will not leave your house until you call the PO PO.

overall not worth it for an amatuer like me

1st batch over done, next batch rocked, third batch just awful. mess wasn't too bad, smoke was annoying, especially on a cold winter night. if you can open all the windows, it's not such a bad idea. 20 degrees out ? yeah bad idea

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

As a chicken wing expert, the best is a deep fryer. I got a cheap-o one from Dollar General, works fine for wings. Gotta make sure your temp is high enough before throwing them in. Make them a little crispy.

The sauce is key, trust me, I'm from Chicken Wings, USA.

Chicken wing soup is the bomb, and once fall hits I can't stop eating it, you gotta try it!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived