Need help with fostering my dog.

redman81

I was wondering if any fellow JN members know of anyone that can help foster my dog from Mar18-July23/24. I have to be in Georgia at the US Customs training academy and am looking for options to leave my dog behind. I am waiting to hear back from a cpl places that help out with this type of situation, and a friend that might be able to help. But, I want to check on as many options as I can in the meantime. I've looked into kennels and boarding services and their prices are too high for me to afford ($800-1,000/mo), and I'd prefer a place where he wouldn't be sleeping on concrete floors. About the dog: Duke is approx. 10 yr old Pit/Greyhound mix, current on shots, and is neutered. He seems to be ok with other dogs during the times he's been around them. I generally don't have him around young kids much bc I didn't get him until he was about 4/5 and he's a big dog. He has been around my nephews with no issues, but under supervision. I more or less don't trust kids to understand when a dog wants to be left alone, plus he outweighs them and can easily knock them over if playing. If anyone has any info that could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Thanks, Matt.

That seems expensive. Granted, your general area is likely more expensive, one of our high end kennels down here in the south (TN) goes for $16/a day.

I do not know how much you are on lockdown during training, but you might want to check in that area for kennels. Of course, that adds different dimensions to your travel.

Yeah they fly us out from my duty station at Newark, so finding a place down there would be tough to arrange for him to get there. Yeah most places here are $30-40 a day and most discount I've received is $25 for how long it is. Still out of my price range.

Archived