Chance Warmack

unbanmadmike1

The difference between Brandon Moore and Chance isn't that great. I like this player, I think he's great, but for the Jets its fixing what aint broken. The biggest problems on this team are OLB and WR that's probably the pick. Qb obviously too but hard to make that pick until Sanchez' money is gone.

The difference between Brandon Moore and Chance isn't that great. I like this player, I think he's great, but for the Jets its fixing what aint broken. The biggest problems on this team are OLB and WR that's probably the pick. Qb obviously too but hard to make that pick until Sanchez' money is gone.

There is no WR to pick there and the OLB's are very risky....

Pauline's first mock:

http://www.usatoday....-draft/1889815/

Jets pick Warmack with Moore, Star L., Mingo, Werner, and Jones off the board.

Lets say the Eagles let Star drop by drafting (say Barkley, just for sake of discussion) allowing the rest of the board to fall down to the Jets.

Lets also say that teams 5-8 draft the same.

So:

1. Joekel

2. Werner

3. Moore

4. xxx

5. Mingo

6. Jones

7. Fisher

8. Smith

Do you take Star Lotulelei? is he the BPA? (we would still have a shot at the best WR, OG, S, CB...Dion Jordan, Ziggy, and the rest)

We don't have huge need at DT/NT (Ellis, Pouha, Harrison, possibly Devito back), and we have drafted DL in the first round for 2 years in a row.

Also, does trading Revis for say, the 31st pick in the draft (and then some of course) change this answer?

Lets say the Eagles let Star drop by drafting (say Barkley, just for sake of discussion) allowing the rest of the board to fall down to the Jets.

Lets also say that teams 5-8 draft the same.

So:

1. Joekel

2. Werner

3. Moore

4. xxx

5. Mingo

6. Jones

7. Fisher

8. Smith

Do you take Star Lotulelei? is he the BPA? (we would still have a shot at the best WR, OG, S, CB...Dion Jordan, Ziggy, and the rest)

We don't have huge need at DT/NT (Ellis, Pouha, Harrison, possibly Devito back), and we have drafted DL in the first round for 2 years in a row.

Also, does trading Revis for say, the 31st pick in the draft (and then some of course) change this answer?

the eagles could take milliner. thought that usatoday mock was pretty good (no geno at 1, yay) but milliner probably goes higher than 11. and note than Keenan Allen goes 12, for those who say he's a huge reach.

but to answer your question yes star is the BAP and it's questionable if they take him. He's probably a 2 down player, which is why he might be falling. But definate blue chip.

as for Chance at 9, I like this player but wonder what problem this solves for the Jets. PFF says their OL was 3rd best in the league. does getting from 3 to 1 really matter?

He's definitely the BPA. He's arguably the best player in the draft.

If history is any guide, Chance Warmack will show up to Indy, take off his shirt and the internetz will implode. When's the last time an Alabama offensive lineman was in shape? Never?

another question if Marty Morn is putting in the west coast offense, why would he pound the table for an SEC war daddy? it's basically a zone scheme they don't need a big money guard to be the cornerstone of the WCO. they do need WR who can run routes and a QB who isn't terrible... way more than a guard

Star would start right away, and could probably kick Coples out to a more permanant Aldon Smith type role.

Having a legitimate pass-rush from up front would allow us to target less touted OLB-rushers, (Dion Jordan, Bark Mingo, etc) and still get a solid prospect in the 2nd-mid rounds. It would also alleviate the pressure to replace some key players in the secondary we're about to lose (maybe more than expected).

Star would start right away, and could probably kick Coples out to a more permanant Aldon Smith type role.

Having a legitimate pass-rush from up front would allow us to target less touted OLB-rushers, (Dion Jordan, Bark Mingo, etc) and still get a solid prospect in the 2nd-mid rounds. It would also alleviate the pressure to replace some key players in the secondary we're about to lose (maybe more than expected).

star has 6 career sacks, I don't see how he measurably improves the pass rush.

If history is any guide, Chance Warmack will show up to Indy, take off his shirt and the internetz will implode. When's the last time an Alabama offensive lineman was in shape? Never?

another question if Marty Morn is putting in the west coast offense, why would he pound the table for an SEC war daddy? it's basically a zone scheme they don't need a big money guard to be the cornerstone of the WCO. they do need WR who can run routes and a QB who isn't terrible... way more than a guard

You're on a rampage and all, but I was talking about Star.

Also, I doubt Warmack wouldn't be able to hold up in Mornhinweg's offense. This whole "zomg WCO means we need super special WCO people(!)" is more JN reacting to buzzwords.

star has 6 career sacks, I don't see how he measurably improves the pass rush.

Nobody drafts the 6'5" 340 pound DT for his sacks.

The same way Pouha does, but with room to grow. He's a quick twitch big man....he can help.

they dont even keep Pouha on the field for passing situations

if star falls to the Jets it will be because he's a 2 down player. and it might be a reason to keep passing on him

Also, I doubt Warmack wouldn't be able to hold up in Mornhinweg's offense. This whole "zomg WCO means we need super special WCO people(!)" is more JN reacting to buzzwords.

it's not that he couldn't play the system, it's more a question of who is pounding the table for this guy?

Archived