Is it me or does winning a Super Bowl...

Gastineau Lives

You do not play in the NFL for the money if you are an elite athlete. If money is your primary motivation, you play Major League baseball or the National Basketball League first.

You do not play American Handegg.

The elite athletes who choose the NFL over the other, less taxing, less difficult, less profitable sports do so for their love and passion for the sport.

Any child who is equally good at throwing baseballs and throwing footballs should, and would, stay with baseball. Far less risk, far more profit.

You do not play in the NFL for the money if you are an elite athlete. If money is your primary motivation, you play Major League baseball or the National Basketball League first.

You do not play American Handegg.

The elite athletes who choose the NFL over the other, less taxing, less difficult, less profitable sports do so for their love and passion for the sport.

Any child who is equally good at throwing baseballs and throwing footballs should, and would, stay with baseball. Far less risk, far more profit.

This is false. You play football or basketball if you are an elite athlete because can't miss prospects in football and basketball can't miss. How many can't miss baseball prospects end up banging around the minors or with low-level pro deals? Basketball and football are sure things. That is why they often quit baseball. Baseball is, literally, hit and miss.

I don't think of posted three serious things on here. Well, four now.

Just curious how having less emotional investment in someone else's success in a game would even potentially be considered a loss of a passion for life.

Is watching football on tv even living to begin with?

Just curious how having less emotional investment in someone else's success in a game would even potentially be considered a loss of a passion for life.

Is watching football on tv even living to begin with?

If it's not then I really have a problem!

Is playing football even living? I've done plenty of that, but I don't think anybody has even watched me on tv. Not on purpose anyway.

BTW, the loss of passion for life was Hess's comment.

Too many players think they are worth far more than they actually are, but teams will pay them.

Ugh those poor owners have to put up a fight to not pay more to players on their non-guaranteed contracts in a league that already artificially keeps contracts low with a cap...DAMN YOU PLAAAAYEEEEERS!!!!

If it's not then I really have a problem!

Is playing football even living? I've done plenty of that, but I don't think anybody has even watched me on tv. Not on purpose anyway.

living is talking about football (playing or otherwise) from behind a computer

BTW, the loss of passion for life was Hess's comment.

hess'd

So, I assume you are on a movie lovers website posting 13,000 times as well? How about one of those hot commercial-lovers websites? I bet you LOVE the CLIO awards!

sorry if it came off the wrong way. "how old are you" can seem like an accusation I guess. I was really just asking

all I was saying is the super bowl in general doesn't seem the same way to me as it did when I was a lot younger. you mentioned it yourself, it might just be a perception thing. it took me the whole week to get over a jets loss in the 80's. now it's 10 minutes.

it's a shame because if they ever do win it it will be way too late for me to really enjoy it.

I don't come here for the jets as much as to check in with my innernet catfish homies

sad, I know

sorry if it came off the wrong way. "how old are you" can seem like an accusation I guess. I was really just asking

all I was saying is the super bowl in general doesn't seem the same way to me as it did when I was a lot younger. you mentioned it yourself, it might just be a perception thing. it took me the whole week to get over a jets loss in the 80's. now it's 10 minutes.

it's a shame because if they ever do win it it will be way too late for me to really enjoy it.

I don't come here for the jets as much as to check in with my innernet catfish homies

sad, I know

I know exactly what you mean. Seeing them come out of the tunnel on Super Bowl Sunday would have been like a dream even ten years ago. Now, it would be something really nice, but not Earth-shattering.

I had to just stop for a minute when I first read this...

BB probably considers it a losing season when they don't win the SB.

Just because the JETS haven't been back in almost fifty years doesn't decry the value of that trophy, it doesn't matter how you rationalize it.

YOu play with what the rules and the environment offers...and you play to win, every time.

Archived