“Jets West”: What to Expect from the Jets New Offense

JetNation

Why doesn't Keller fit? Seems to me that WCO is perfect for a TE/WR hybrid. You need to be a bit quicker (not necessarily faster) than the average TE and have better hands, and both of those are probably true of Keller.

Sometimes in our zeal, we get a bit ahead of ourselves, eh? A whole bunch of teams would jump for Sanchez at vet minimum. I'm not even saying he would produce enough value to be a vet min guy, but no doubt about it, teams would line up to give him a shot.

No, they wouldn't. He's terrible.

True this speculating we have to draft WCO players- that would be the worst thing to do- get players that are the best at that pick

I agree. The time to get system players is UDFAs and mini-draft. When you get guys that can do things that you want to do, but might be limited in their ability to help other teams or be 3-4 down players. I think that method can be more useful on offense than defense, but the players hold more value to everybody else also.

Tom -- Rex won't be fired. Marty will also be back next year. Stop be soooooo negative.

I know I am stupid but I agree .. Woody is the ..hate to say this.. *key*.. He doesn't know football, so it takes him a long time to figure out what is going on. He has been played by Rex, he *believed* in whatever his staff was doing this year, until it was blatantly obvious it was a disaster.. All he knows is what Tannenbaum and Rex told him..period. He is too scared to even try to empty the bag and start over, and with the no out contract they have with Marky Mark, he felt *comforted* keeping at least RR.

By years end, he will start to put together what happened, and keep the new GM and go in a different direction.. whatever Izdik can come up with ..

This scheme actually fits the players more than Schotty's or Sparano.

Rolling Sanchez out is playing to his strengths at USC, at times, when implemented this OL played better in zone, and despite the article I think Keller could flourish.

Just make sure you roll him away from Brandon Moore.

This scheme actually fits the players more than Schotty's or Sparano.

Rolling Sanchez out is playing to his strengths at USC, at times, when implemented this OL played better in zone, and despite the article I think Keller could flourish.

I am with you on Keller. His year was so bad that price wise he could be an option again. And the staff has to be less Mangini like (players to fit the system) and more worried about getting a system that fits the players.

Keller will never give you what you want blocking wise. But when healthy he can put up some numbers in the passing game. With so few play makers he could be an option for them.

Archived