Who y'all like in 2013 Draft for Jets?

SouthernJet

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Geno Smith threw 8 TD against Baylor he was 1 overall type of player. But he had a really bad 3 game stretch and his Bowl game was not great. 2 horrible safeties in the snow at Yankee stadium against syracuse. I don't think he's gonna be a big player. He's more like Colt McCoy in terms of accuracy in a (mostly) 1 read offense.

He's the best QB in an awful QB crop. I hope the Jets wait 1 year cause 2014 is a way better year for QB. Geno would maybe be 4th best in that group.

Who?

When Geno Smith threw 8 TD against Baylor he was 1 overall type of player. But he had a really bad 3 game stretch and his Bowl game was not great. 2 horrible safeties in the snow at Yankee stadium against syracuse. I don't think he's gonna be a big player. He's more like Colt McCoy in terms of accuracy in a (mostly) 1 read offense.

He's the best QB in an awful QB crop. I hope the Jets wait 1 year cause 2014 is a way better year for QB. Geno would maybe be 4th best in that group.

He's got a significantly better arm than Colt McCoy, is a better athlete, and wasn't surrounded by All Americans like Colt was. I'm not saying that Geno Smith is going to be great. All I'm saying is that the complaints about Geno Smith are all supposition right now, and I'll be interested to hear what comes out during the interview process.

Jets need to just make the permanent switch to the 4-3...considering Rex doesnt even care about rushing the passer from the outside..

DeVito--Ellis--Mo--Coples on the line with Draft Pick--Davis--Harris behind them is probably the easiest way to get their best front seven personnel on the field at once, and I think Mo would really dominate in that scenario:

DeVito--Ellis--Mo--Coples on the line with Draft Pick--Davis--Harris behind them is probably the easiest way to get their best front seven personnel on the field at once, and I think Mo would really dominate in that scenario:

You can't have Harris as a OLB in the 4-3... His coverage skills are too terrible.

Teddy Bridgewater

Johnny Football

>

Geno Smith

after that case can be made for Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray etc. the quality of the QBs in this 2013 year are worse than the Sanchez year.

Neither of those guys are seniors next year, and while it's not impossible to leave as a junior most QB prospects would be wise to stay for their senior year.

Logan Thomas sucks, you'll say the same things about Boyd that you are about Smith right now, and Murray is barely 6' tall though otherwise he really is likable as a prospect.

again im surprised by that, betcha Geno doesn't get to 4.79 at Indy. He's certainly not a RG3, Russell or Colin Kaep 4.4 type

Who cares about a QB's 40 time? He'll run fine for a QB. He's taller than the 6'1" McCoy, has a better arm, is probably bigger in general, doesn't have any injury issues out of college, and is a better athlete.

Teddy Bridgewater

Johnny Football

>

Geno Smith

after that case can be made for Tajh Boyd, Logan Thomas, Aaron Murray etc. the quality of the QBs in this 2013 year are worse than the Sanchez year.

Tajh Boyd and John Football can't throw on an NFL level. Aaron Muray sucks. The sprint option crap will disappear next year when another quarterback ends up on the ground trying to tie his knee ligaments back together.

Logan Thomas sucks, you'll say the same things about Boyd that you are about Smith right now,

i just can't get over the bowl loss and his play generally down the stretch. there's a reason why Kiper doesn't have him on his big board, Lande has Nassib at #1 and Mcshay has Geno in the 20's.

ill throw another name out there Brady Quinn. Why did Geno skip the senior bowl to minimize his exposure? The Chiefs can draft Joekel at 1 and trade back in to get Geno if they really want him.

basically this QB conversation is for a KC board and if Andy passes no one's gonna want any part of him. if Andy takes him he's the next Mcnabb.

i just can't get over the bowl loss and his play generally down the stretch. there's a reason why Kiper doesn't have him on his big board, Lande has Nassib at #1 and Mcshay has Geno in the 20's.

ill throw another name out there Brady Quinn. Why did Geno skip the senior bowl to minimize his exposure? The Chiefs can draft Joekel at 1 and trade back in to get Geno if they really want him.

basically this QB conversation is for a KC board and if Andy passes no one's gonna want any part of him. if Andy takes him he's the next Mcnabb.

Kiper is almost irrelevant as a draft guy at this point and the other guys switch their boards up by the hour based on which way the wind is currently blowing.

Quinn was a prima donna.

Every linebacker sucks in coverage. It's overrated.

****in T0m...on a roll. I've been saying this for years but since Gato be Gato and all...Who the heck gets drafted as a LB for their coverage skills? Kuechly is as close as it gets and he was drafted because he was a good LB who is more physical than his whiteness allowed him to be viewed as.

Wilkerson, Pouha or DeVito, Coples, draft pick on the line is the best. Having two guys in Wilkerson and Coples who can play 3- and 5-technique interchangeably and stay on the field for third down is the hard part. Get the pass rusher and you can throw whoever out there at linebacker.

Jarvis Jones needs to be in this conversation. if his medicals are great he's a Von Miller type of pick.

the question is How bad do his medical exams have to be for the Jets to pass on this outside linebacker at 9?

keep in mind it's the Jets doctors, they historically have never passedon anyone. Vilma and Drob had red flagged on other teams boards. at outside linebacker if he's there at 9, I'd roll the dice. Natural defender from the SEC.

You really didn't just say that

just saying, i still think Geno is the best QB in this class and they need a QB so....

Maybe Wilson or Nassib in the second then?

The other two guys I like, Bray (more of a Flacco clone) and Manuel (more of a can do it all but master of none) I don't think they probably fit into Mornhinweg's system.

Er, so maybe Dysert in the 4th?

Disclaimer: I'm not a huge fan of any of these guys but just trying to be realistic, if try take a QB....

I will be shocked if we don't add a versatile runningback within the first 4 rounds of the draft. When you think WCO, you think of Roger Craig, LeSean McCoy, guys like that. We have complimentary backs who are good number 2 guys.

When I think of those guys I think of good RBs who could play in any system.

Is it possible that the board allows flaying of the next poster who imagines that Mornhinweg's offenses some special kind of good/skilled player and tosses out the WCO stuff?

Nothing against you Stonehands, I'm on a crusade here.

Archived