~ ~ " Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets " ~ ~

kelly

Because he's a far superior player to greene? And the Jets don't have Andre brown or David Wilson do they?

Wait a second...your telling me the Jets dont have Brown and Wilson on their team??????? Holy Crap!!!!!! I had no idea!!! 

and a far superior player than Greene is like a Chris Johnson or maybe a Jamal Charles....Bradshaw is a slightly better player than Greene....your way off bruh...get off Bradshaws jock already

Our offense was one dimensional and boring. We weren't catching anyone off guard. McKnight has very good assets that can expose the defense. He is dynamic in certain aspects.. Powell and Greene aren't. Give the man a shot.

I think that they intended to.  McKnight was hurt almost the entire year.  He came back and tried to tough it out, but he was dealing with that lingering high ankle sprain most of the year.  Near the end of the season he had migraine problems.  He was dealing with hamstring problems through camp and to the start of the season. The hamstring and a shoulder stinger he got fighting with the RB coaches kid let Powell jump him in the first place.  Then there were the weeks he had to practice at WR and CB because of injuries.  Pretty much a lost season.  He is the one guy that seems tailor made for Mornhinweg.

Wait a second...your telling me the Jets dont have Brown and Wilson on their team??????? Holy Crap!!!!!! I had no idea!!! 

and a far superior player than Greene is like a Chris Johnson or maybe a Jamal Charles....Bradshaw is a slightly better player than Greene....your way off bruh...get off Bradshaws jock already

His metrics are far superior. If you want to argue that he's not better than guys who are top 5 RB's in the NFL than sure but then you're gonna have to show how the Jets can get those guys. They aren't free agents and Bradshaw is.

I think that they intended to.  McKnight was hurt almost the entire year.  He came back and tried to tough it out, but he was dealing with that lingering high ankle sprain most of the year.  Near the end of the season he had migraine problems.  He was dealing with hamstring problems through camp and to the start of the season. The hamstring and a shoulder stinger he got fighting with the RB coaches kid let Powell jump him in the first place.  Then there were the weeks he had to practice at WR and CB because of injuries.  Pretty much a lost season.  He is the one guy that seems tailor made for Mornhinweg.

McKnight has never shown to be a good pass catcher/route runner which is what he'd need to be for the role you're talking about.

McKnight has never shown to be a good pass catcher/route runner which is what he'd need to be for the role you're talking about.

LOL.  He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR?  He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield.  I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

His metrics are far superior. If you want to argue that he's not better than guys who are top 5 RB's in the NFL than sure but then you're gonna have to show how the Jets can get those guys. They aren't free agents and Bradshaw is.

I dont have to show anything for starters.  I clearly gave you an example of what a "far superior" player is compared to Greene. Never said we were going to go get a top 5 rb.

And his metric are better??? how about the main reason he was effective last season avg 4.5 ypc was bc the Giants had great ability on most games to stretch the field so the defense couldn't crowd the line as much....which gave Bradshaw a better shot each run. Put him on the Jets and which him NOT avg more than 3 ypc next season

#27TheDominator, on 12 Feb 2013 - 16:58, said:

LOL. He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR? He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield. I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

He had 1 catch last season and 13 in 2011.

I dont have to show anything for starters.  I clearly gave you an example of what a "far superior" player is compared to Greene. Never said we were going to go get a top 5 rb.

And his metric are better??? how about the main reason he was effective last season avg 4.5 ypc was bc the Giants had great ability on most games to stretch the field so the defense couldn't crowd the line as much....which gave Bradshaw a better shot each run. Put him on the Jets and which him NOT avg more than 3 ypc next season

Their best deep threat was out most of the season so that really isn't a great argument. He's avg'ed 4.6 yards for his whole career too. 

He had 1 catch last season and 13 in 2011.

...and that is completely meaningless to this discussion.  The team has not looked to throw to backs in ages and McKnight was hurt and dicked around last year.  I'm not saying the guy is a lock to blow up, but to think that his skillset isn't suited to catching passes out of the backfield is silly.  We are hoping that guys will who were under or improperly utilized will blossom and he is a prime candidate.

...and that is completely meaningless to this discussion.  The team has not looked to throw to backs in ages and McKnight was hurt and dicked around last year.  I'm not saying the guy is a lock to blow up, but to think that his skillset isn't suited to catching passes out of the backfield is silly.  We are hoping that guys will who were under or improperly utilized will blossom and he is a prime candidate.

He's shown nothing as an offensive player at all. Relying on any production from him is a pretty big gamble for a team that needs more sure things and less gambles.

He's shown nothing as an offensive player at all. Relying on any production from him is a pretty big gamble for a team that needs more sure things and less gambles.

Who the **** is relying on him? Even if he were a good player he's a pretty big injury risk.  I just think he is obviously well suited to the smaller receiving back role that the Jets haven't used in their pursuit of smash mouth football.  For what the Jets wanted to do from 2009-2012 Greene and probably Powell were better suited.  For what Mornhinweg wants to do I am betting that McKnight is closer to the ideal.

Who the **** is relying on him? Even if he were a good player he's a pretty big injury risk.  I just think he is obviously well suited to the smaller receiving back role that the Jets haven't used in their pursuit of smash mouth football.  For what the Jets wanted to do from 2009-2012 Greene and probably Powell were better suited.  For what Mornhinweg wants to do I am betting that McKnight is closer to the ideal.

There is nothing that you could possibly want to do on a football field where a backfield of Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are well suited.

There is nothing that you could possibly want to do on a football field where a backfield of Shonn Greene, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight are well suited.

Whatever.  Go quote some metrics.  Shonn Greene was the best back on a team that made it to the AFC title game twice with almost no passing game.  They must all be useless!

Whatever.  Go quote some metrics.  Shonn Greene was the best back on a team that made it to the AFC title game twice with almost no passing game.  They must all be useless!

He wasn't in 2009. He was slightly better than a washed up LT in 2010. None of that really means anything. If you like a RB with no speed, no elusiveness and no ability to catch the ball out of the backfield then Shonn Greene is your man!

LOL.  He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR?  He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield.  I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

To be fair, Stephen Hill is both of these things and the Jets still drafted him in the second round.  Doesn't exactly make you think that the Jets are a good judge of talent and what guys are and are not capable of doing.  McKnight is a good kick returner.  That's about it.

The whole being asked to play at CB was fun, but ridiculous. I almost put it as a sign of the coaching staff seeing him as a throwaway, instead of a potential threat.

He wasn't in 2009. He was slightly better than a washed up LT in 2010. None of that really means anything. If you like a RB with no speed, no elusiveness and no ability to catch the ball out of the backfield then Shonn Greene is your man!

Moot point. Greene's a UFA who's unlikely to return.

Their best deep threat was out most of the season so that really isn't a great argument. He's avg'ed 4.6 yards for his whole career too. 

Who cares what he averaged for his career.  Are these corny stats all your concerned about? Have you watched him play before? He's a slight upgrade to Greene, SLIGHT! Not a game changer, not gonna be leading us to victory either.  Annnd I'm not saying Greene is either or Powell.  But why bring over Giant trash when we have a back like Powell who would do an equally good job as a Bradshaw would next season? 

Who cares what he averaged for his career.  Are these corny stats all your concerned about? Have you watched him play before? He's a slight upgrade to Greene, SLIGHT! Not a game changer, not gonna be leading us to victory either.  Annnd I'm not saying Greene is either or Powell.  But why bring over Giant trash when we have a back like Powell who would do an equally good job as a Bradshaw would next season? 

LOL

Everyone does realize that the new offense is all about throwing the ball to the RB in space right??  Look at the Eagles RB the past 10 years, they all are fast and can catch.  No way we add a plodding up the middle RB.  We are going to add by draft or FA a fast RB that can catch and make poeple miss in the open field. 

I have never been a big Reggie Bush fan but he looks to be the perfect RB for the new offense.  Just saying.

Everyone does realize that the new offense is all about throwing the ball to the RB in space right??  Look at the Eagles RB the past 10 years, they all are fast and can catch.  No way we add a plodding up the middle RB.  We are going to add by draft or FA a fast RB that can catch and make poeple miss in the open field. 

I have never been a big Reggie Bush fan but he looks to be the perfect RB for the new offense.  Just saying.

1000% agree on bush.  Throw some hot sauce on him and maybe he'll sign for cheap

1000% agree on bush.  Throw some hot sauce on him and maybe he'll sign for cheap

it's ALL about $ w/ him.  i doubt he'll sign on the cheap...unless no one else offers him more $ :winking0001:

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

Archived