If you could keep 5 Jets (forget the cap, etc.)

SouthernJet

I mean its not just the whole fake girlfriend thing, Manti got exposed against Bama, he looked awful in that game

I think you could have looked at similarly sized guys in the league, noted that most are a little slow for where the game is after a couple years( though they usually start really strong like Harris), and seen a real drop coming for him no matter what. He's good enough to be gone by the early 2nd, which is where a lot of those kind of guys seem to fall to year after year....Harris, Woodley (though as a DE/OLB), Spikes, and I just forgot who else but there's a couple others from recent years.

I don't know how much of an on field leader he is, but I assume that took a hit during the process. Lucky for him the Ravens, Steelers, maybe Jets, and pretty much every other 3-4 team could use an ILB, where he profiles well.

Edit: Oh yeah...Ryans...I think Goff or Lofton went in that early-mid second range...maybe both...I still feel like I'm missing others.

I mean its not just the whole fake girlfriend thing, Manti got exposed against Bama, he looked awful in that game

That's fair, but it's only one game and it was a game in which he was going through a lot of personal turmoil.  And let's not forget that Bama made a lot of players look bad, including Jarvis Jones.  Someone will take him in the first round because you can plug him in the next 10 years and be satisfied in your MLB position and a leader in the locker room.

Archived