Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Happy Birthday JetNation

JetNation turns 8 years old on Saturday.  Happy Birthday JetNation.

And thanks to all of you for making it an awesome 8 years.  Here is to the next 8!

Power corrupts.

With great power comes great responsibility. hahaha.

:)

What!?! He was a regular dude to me.

He came over to Bengalszone, talked a little smack, and invited my dumb ass to leave JI and join JN, so I did. I don't regret it.

Maybe life just jumped up and took him. I've seen it happen. One second you've got a buddy you can count on to swing by on Friday to go grab a beer, Next thing you know his s*it is all caught up with kids and a woman yelling at him all day.

And if power corrupts, Max wouldn't have held this place together for so long. To him I tip my Bengals cap. Doin' this s*it ain't easy. Good job dude.

Thanks Billy.

Max is nothing more than a figure head, a truly dim witted puppet regime put in place by the real power brokers to give the illusion of order. In exchange we entertain his podcast's with Courtney. 

The truth has finally been revealed.  I always imagined that being exposed would be liberating.  But now all I feel is shame, lol.  Thanks for listening to the JetNation Podcast though.  :)

It seems like yesterday I joined JN... 6 and a half years have flown by.  Thanks for having such a nice site.

Are there any special surprises?  Former members returning to say hello?  Unbanning of a former member who might have gone berserk?  Allowing nudity & political talk for just one day?  Free JN koozies?

Don't really have any surprises planned.  But would be willing to unban someone, make a suggestion.  That always ends well!

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

Thanks Frank!  Really appreciate that and everything you do here.

• Upvote 2

Max would text me at three in the morning to tell me about emoticons he was adding. He'd have to be at work in three hours, but the guy would be obsessing over having the right emoticons available for you people. The dude has really given his all for this place. I mean, sure, I gave up my marriage to a hot MD for this place, but it's really Phil who made this place what it is. And Faba.

I don't even know what to say, lol....too damn funny.  I do obsess over details here, lots of pride and I agree about the lack of sleep.  There has been a shortage of sleep over the last 8 years no doubt.

I am not commenting on any of the other stuff, haha.

• Upvote 1

No doubt if you ever wanted to see what a labor of love looks like just take a look at this site.  Max has put his love all over the place.  From the first time I came here from JI to enjoy the Mafia goodness without persecution he has done everything to make everyone feel welcome.  Hell... he even gave us our own forum.  Are you kidding me? 

Bergen is 100% spot on.  The mafia forum produces very few post, a rare new poster and few compared to the rest of the site but Max treats us like we are as important as the rest of the place.  Dealing with our complaints and doing everything he could so just a few people could enjoy themselves here.  Though he has no idea what the heck we do there our what the game is about he comes by and ask what he can do to help. 

Truly an outstanding fella running an outstanding site.  Really glad to have been part of it the last few years and appreciative for everything her has done.  The football part is pretty cool too.

Thank you Crusher. I am going to play a game one of these days. I honestly have no idea what it is you all do in there, haha.

You have brought so many people to this site. Thank you for all that you do! I really appreciate it.

Not for nothing, but the Mafia forum is currently the third most trafficked forum on the site behind this one and the lounge. By the time next season starts, it will probably have more posts than all of "Other Sports" combined. Max has been very good to all the angry nerds that make up that little weirdo corner, but the mafia people have been good for the site, too.

The master plan involves just merging all those posts with the NFL forum and then claiming there was a technical glitch. The mafia forum will be at 0 and then everyone will be super motivated to catch up to the previous impressive post counts, lol.

Just kidding.

As someone who comes to this site only for mafia I can say that however small the amount of traffic the mafia forum produces it does do it's small part. I haven't been around very long but I have no doubt that everything you said about Max is true and I definitely appreciate it. Happy birthday JN!  :-)

Thank you! The mafia community is great, and I really am going to try to make it in there for a game. Someone just has to teach me what the hell is going on in there, lol.

You have mafia confused with the mod lounge.

Sounds like a good name for your next game:

Mod Lounge. "Where what's up is really up".

Gratz guys best Jets fan site on the web. I used to be on JI, but since I found JN it's the only Jet fans site I look too.

POTW anyone? :)

Thanks.

Congrats and thanks, Max! 

Mafia is not just all guys.

Which is exactly why Tom is never in there. Hey Now.
  • Upvote 1

Jokes aside the game is actually pretty easy to understand but hard to master. There is a group of people, some good and a few bad. The bad people know who each other are and may communicate privately while the good people only know that they themselves are good and must figure out who is good and bad during the course of the game. The game revolves around everyone voting to kill one person during the day and the bad people choosing to kill one person at night. When a majority vote is reached to kill someone during the day the moderator pronounces them dead and tells everyone whether they were good or bad and then night starts. Like I said before at night the bad people decide who they want to kill and tell the game moderator who then tells the rest of the game who died during the night and whether they were good or bad. This continues until either all the bad people are killed or until the number of bad people equals the number of good people thus preventing a majority vote.

And that's a basic game of mafia, hope to see you both there soon!  :cool0044:

I want to play. My rule will be if I get killed the game ends and we start a new game immediately! Seems reasonable, I will win one eventually, lol.

Best forum on the internet, hands down.  Been a member since late '05 I think? and I have come here almost every single day since.  Appreciate what you've done here Max.  Mafia forum and Jets discussion alike...it's a great place to be!

You're the man!

You signed up on November 14, 2005. It was about 45 degrees, you signed up in the morning if I remember correctly. :)

And you are on the verge of 10,000 posts. Get there soon. You can do it!

Thanks.

With all the great quotes in history who even thought the phrase;And take your two flunkie's with you would build a Nation?? Here's to another eight if you live that long Maxie.. :winking0001:  

No gonna lie, that was a great quote.  We found it to be very motivational.  :)

Take your flunkies with you.  Um, okay.

I still feel like a new guy.

You were put on double secret probation when you signed up.  You were flagged in error, you didn't belong on the no fly list.  Your email address triggered those precautions though.  :)

JN is like a chick...BDay's just drag on and on and on.  Its more like a Birth Month instead of day.

What did you get JetNation?

Especially in the mod lounge.

What didnt I get JetNation is the better question.

Ok.  What didn't you get JetNation?

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company