Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Happy Birthday JetNation

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

No doubt if you ever wanted to see what a labor of love looks like just take a look at this site.  Max has put his love all over the place.  From the first time I came here from JI to enjoy the Mafia goodness without persecution he has done everything to make everyone feel welcome.  Hell... he even gave us our own forum.  Are you kidding me? 

Bergen is 100% spot on.  The mafia forum produces very few post, a rare new poster and few compared to the rest of the site but Max treats us like we are as important as the rest of the place.  Dealing with our complaints and doing everything he could so just a few people could enjoy themselves here.  Though he has no idea what the heck we do there our what the game is about he comes by and ask what he can do to help. 

Truly an outstanding fella running an outstanding site.  Really glad to have been part of it the last few years and appreciative for everything her has done.  The football part is pretty cool too. 

• Upvote 3

Picture a hot tub. You're in it with six other guys. You're all making jokes about one of the guys having an awkward erection. Then everyone has an awkward erection. Mafia.

You have mafia confused with the mod lounge.

• Upvote 2

I want to play. My rule will be if I get killed the game ends and we start a new game immediately! Seems reasonable, I will win one eventually, lol.

Unlynchable confirmed townie with 5 vest.  DONE  LOL

• Upvote 1

I still feel like a new guy.

Don't sweat it. We met. Your old. Your welcome.

• Upvote 1

I am an old guy!  You didn't notice I am a guy?  Now I am hurt.  JiF would never have missed such an important detail.  If only I were young again, like you.  I can almost remember the exact day I was that age!

Young like me? Now that's mean. 

Don't worry.  Eat right, exercise and maybe someday you can be an old man like me!

You have a full head of hair and a desire to live.  I have no hair and have succumbed to the fact my kids have no intention of letting me live. NONE.   LOL

JN is like a chick...BDay's just drag on and on and on.  Its more like a Birth Month instead of day.

Certainly big enough for you to bang,

• Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this  

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company