Happy Birthday JetNation

Maxman

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy Birthday JN.

Max and Tom you guys created this place. For that we thank you.  Faba, and GOB you guys have been moderating here since the beginning. For that we thank you. Sperm Edwards, Thor, BergenJet, The Crusher, and Slats you do an awesome job keeping us all in line. For that we thank you.  GreenBeans, you keep this site online and do an awesome job at it. For that we thank  you. 

But the biggest thank you of all goes to everyone who posts here. You are the lifeblood of this site. Without you guys none of us would be here. We would have gone the way of the dodo bird a long time ago. For that we thank you. 

Power corrupts.

What!?! He was a regular dude to me.

He came over to Bengalszone, talked a little smack, and invited my dumb ass to leave JI and join JN, so I did. I don't regret it.

Maybe life just jumped up and took him. I've seen it happen. One second you've got a buddy you can count on to swing by on Friday to go grab a beer, Next thing you know his s*it is all caught up with kids and a woman yelling at him all day.

And if power corrupts, Max wouldn't have held this place together for so long. To him I tip my Bengals cap. Doin' this s*it ain't easy. Good job dude.

He came over to Bengalszone, talked a little smack, and invited my dumb ass to leave JI and join JN, so I did. I don't regret it.

Maybe life just jumped up and took him. I've seen it happen. One second you've got a buddy you can count on to swing by on Friday to go grab a beer, Next thing you know his s*it is all caught up with kids and a woman yelling at him all day.

And if power corrupts, Max wouldn't have held this place together for so long. To him I tip my Bengals cap. Doin' this s*it ain't easy. Good job dude.

Max is nothing more than a figure head, a truly dim witted puppet regime put in place by the real power brokers to give the illusion of order. In exchange we entertain his podcast's with Courtney. 

Max is nothing more than a figure head, a truly dim witted puppet regime put in place by the real power brokers to give the illusion of order. In exchange we entertain his podcast's with Courtney. 

Max is a true leader. T0m, unfortunately, cracked under the pressure and succumbed to burying prostitutes in Oak Beach. We do, however, owe a debt of gratitude to both of these alleged men.

Thanks Billy.

The truth has finally been revealed.  I always imagined that being exposed would be liberating.  But now all I feel is shame, lol.  Thanks for listening to the JetNation Podcast though.  :)

It seems like yesterday I joined JN... 6 and a half years have flown by.  Thanks for having such a nice site.

Are there any special surprises?  Former members returning to say hello?  Unbanning of a former member who might have gone berserk?  Allowing nudity & political talk for just one day?  Free JN koozies?

Don't really have any surprises planned.  But would be willing to unban someone, make a suggestion.  That always ends well!

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

Congratulations to a wonderful community reaching the 8 year mark and the all around good dude that puts in a painstaking amount of time into this place.  Very few people really understand how much work Max has put into this place.  It is like having a second full time career and a second family rolled into one.  I have known Max a long time and can assure you that creating the ultimate fan site was no easy task...  and JN really is the ultimate fan community and will continue to remain as such.  The reason?  Max has a true passion for this, he truly cares about the team, the website, and most importantly the members of this community.

How much does he care about the members of this site?  He once asked me to create a bunch of alt accounts so members who play Mafia can have alter egos for a single game in that forum.  A dozen or so users are nothing for a site like this in terms of traffic.  The mafia forum does very little in terms of adding traffic to this site as well...  but Max cares enough about the user-base that a little extra effort put forth to make a small group of people happy is nothing that Max would think twice about.  On multiple occasions as an admin here I witnessed Max taking great measures to fix the smallest of bugs that 99.99% of the user base wouldn't notice.  He did so for the one person who did notice.  Other places would put the issue on the future fix list and forget about it.  Oh, and have I mentioned how expensive it is to run this place?

I want to thank Tom for his role in bringing this place to life, you are truly a character and I mean that in the best of ways.  Obviously I want to thank Greenbeans for keeping the tech side running smoothly as he is somebody else who works hard for this place behind the scenes.  I always say I want to help him out but he usually solves the problem before I even start thinking about it.  I also want to thank each of the mods who put in a good deal of effort into this place on a daily basis.  Being a mod anywhere is not fun, trust me (I spent 5 years as a mod over at another Jets site...).  I also want to thank the users of this site, an eclectic group of individuals that makes doing what we do worth it.  Finally, I want to thank Max.  You have done great things here old friend.

Thanks Frank!  Really appreciate that and everything you do here.

Max would text me at three in the morning to tell me about emoticons he was adding. He'd have to be at work in three hours, but the guy would be obsessing over having the right emoticons available for you people. The dude has really given his all for this place. I mean, sure, I gave up my marriage to a hot MD for this place, but it's really Phil who made this place what it is. And Faba.

Archived